Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Any remedy for a clogged ear after the beach?
I just came back from the beach/pool and have a clogged ear. Anyone has a good home remedy for this?...

My son swallowed a small battery?
I don't know why he even had it in his month, but my son swallowed a small button-type, watch battery about the size of a nickel. He is with my husband, still waiting to be seen in the ER . He ...

How does one cure insomnia without pills?!?

Are you an organ donor?

What is good to put on a burn?
I put a relaxer in my hair and it stayed in too long so my scalp is burned and some of my hair is stuck to my head....

I just had stitches in my face how do i know if they need to be taken out or dissolve, can i tell?

Additional Details
i was under and the i didn't see the doc....

How many women loved to have their feet massaged?

Quitting Smoking Cold Turkey!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!?
Just smoked my last one today. This is hard. Aside from telling me to just give up on the cold turkey and using nicotine supplements to stop smoking, can anyone give me any advice? Best ways to ...

Cocaine prob?
My "friend" snorted cocaine lastnight and now her nose hurts. She look inside her nostrils at that inner wall and there are holes. Not complete holes but cold sore, ulcer looking things. &...

How can Phillip Morris preach about the evils of smoking, and still keep producing such deadly products?
I quit smoking in 1967 and couldn't be happier. I am healthy at 72. Smoking killed my father, sister & brother-in-law, my mother-in-law, her sister, my cousin, and I don't know how many ...

Why are people so afraid of having their blood drawn? is it the sight of blood or the needle that frightens?

What can i do for my son's chapped face?
i've tried everything from vaseline to lotion to chap stick, and he just rubs them all off, which makes his face even redder. any suggestions? because i hate to see him in pain like that.
A...

My Cat Scratched Me, Should I wash where she scratched me?
I know i am probably an idiot but my mom said i didn't have to, so should i wash where my cat scratched me? it is ...

Can you feel nauseous after eating vitamin and mineral supplements?
vitamin c, zinc, ...

My son has cut on his lips due to chopped lips. What am I going to do?

How to stop bleeding?
i just cut myself on the finger, it's not deep but it won't stop bleeding
it hurts only a bit but i think i'm losing quite a lot of blood
how i can stop?
also, do i stop ...

How much does a bee sting hurt and for how long?
OK. Their is 2 bees in my house. They're on he sky light so we can't kill them. I've never been stung so I don't know what its like. How much will it hurt to if I get stung and ...

Why does every guy thinks that they soo good in bed???
they think that, but somethimes isn't true. why?...

What can be done for eyes that get so dry from wearing contact lenses?
I have tried several eye drops, Blink, Visine for conacts, etc, with no luck. After 15 minutes, I'm putting drops in my eyes ...

Should stitches hurt?
I had a couple of moles removed on my back today and had stitches. They sting now quite a lot and I was wondering if this is normal? I am a bit worried about splitting them by picking things up and ...

love_worth_waiting
Is it good to take a cold shower when you have a fever?
it feels good, but is it good FOR you?

april_star13
It feels good,yes.But it won't hurt or really help you.It could help your fever go down,but don't think that's a cure or something.

rebecca1
Rating
I don't sgree with taking a cold shower when your're sick. When my kids have had significant fevers I have put them into a tepid bath. That works well to lower the fever.

saralee_79
Rating
Some people do take cool showers with a fever. Some people think that it reduces the fever, as long as it is not cold enough to throw you into shock. If the fever is too high, call a doctor.

rmxer
NO! A fever is a symtom that needs to run its course.It is your imune system doing its job. If you are worried then seek medical advice from a medical professional as it can be controlled with antibiotics or other medication. A cold shower can cause more problems than it solves.

howlettlogan
Rating
Oddly enough, using hot water will help reduce it.

Physics Student
Rating
Yes, it's good to reduce your fever, but don't take too cold of a shower -you'll put your body in shock.

Jen
Rating
COLD isn't the best idea, but a cool shower won't do you any harm. The best thing to reduce a fever is aspirin or paracetamol (acetaminophen).

JohnnyBravo
Rating
It won't hurt anything. It might reduce your fever temporarily, but I've found that letting my fevers burn through generally helps me get better sooner.

pitahead
oh no not a good idea at all, ur fever might even get worse!! the best thing to do is to sweat out the fever, meaning tuck urself in bed at all times until u sweat so that ur body can fight off the virus!!

mea1
Rating
Don't think so.
You may get chilled.
Your body is already fighting off an infection...
Take it easy; drink lots; get enough sleep; vitamin C
get well quick!

fluerviolette09
I think you shouldn't be taking shower. You should be staying in bed keeping warm because you body needs warmth so it can fight of the virus.

doc san
Yes, it is but not always , and very much depends on the factor causing the fever , usually works well when fever is due to exhaustion , stress or when it's some mild allergy infection. and it does helps bring fever down.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy