Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Whats your motto on how to live your life?
Just curious about everyone else's idea about living life....

I burned my finger on the dishwasher any remedies to help the burning?
please help my finger feels like its on fire!...

This is a psychology question. The question is: Why??

Is pus supose to come out of a lip pirecing?
it's not swollen or any thing....

What helps you to stop bleeding, cold or warm water?

How do i cure a water balloon on my thumb?
i have a water balloon on my thumb and it hurts like hell

I have a Golf tournament on this Saturday, how do I take care of it?...

If you witness an accident...?
What if you see an accident,and a man bleeding profusely in the arm,for eg,is there anything you can do to help stop the bleeding,while waiting for the ambulance?im sure you don't want the man ...

Do all brown recluse bites need med attention?
I think I was bitten. Very small, feverish mark with hole in center. White in center red around. Cant be for sure if it is a bite but probably....

Can u tell me ways to cut down on sleep?
Yes sleep is important but I end up sleeping for 12- 15 hrs a day....isn't that too much?? I can't get my butt off the bed....plz ...without any pills n stuff..how can i stay awake or ...

Ham making me swelled?
everytime i eat ham my feet sweell up
i try an stay away from it
but why is this happening ?...

Ok this was stupid of my but I fell asleep reading my email and I had gum in my mouth when I woke up it...?
when I woke up I guess I swalloed the gum in my sleep (it was a nap) do you think it went down my esophagus or my wind pipe?? will I be ok? what are signs that I'm not?...

How can i get tallerrrrrr :((?
heeeeeeey guys

am 156 cm
n i wanna reach 160cm or more

is there any way to get taller
don't tell me swim or do some sport cz i tried it b4<...

Sore throat is lasting longer than a week.?
I got a sore throat last wednesday and I can still feel it, it doesnt hurt bad but i can tell its still there. At night, i get a stuffy nose when im sleeping, like i'll wake up with one, and ...

If I quit smoking, will I still look this cool?
I mean, come on, if you're gonna kill yourself, at least do it with style.
Additional Details
What happened to the good old days?...

I was in a tanning bed accident where a tanning bed broke and fell on top of me, has this happened to anyone?

What is the best supplement for alertness?

What is the best way to stop the bleeding?
I slipped on the wet floor and hit my chin I can't make it to stop bleeding for hrs
Additional Details
skin got ripped ...

How do you treat burns?
I just burned my hand about 30 minutes ago and it still burns.I tried putting a cream for burns but that didn't work.Then i tried putting it in cold water it worked but my mom said not to do ...

How could you remove water trapped on the inside of your ear?
painlessly- I tried as some people told me, closed my nose and blew my ears, but it caused more pain!

Would somebody please help me! The blockage is so irritating!...

I have the chicken poxs but i don't know when i could go back to school?

Additional Details
what if i am not itching and i still have my spots because i just got them last thursday?...

house_head01
Is it better to cover wounds with bandages or expose the wounds to air for the best healing?

Cherry Blossom
A wound needs to be moist to heal and a bandage helps retain moisture. Once it is almost healed, it is okay to leave it open as long as it won't get dirty.

Hannah
both. first you need to put neosporin on the wound leave it on all day or all night then the next day take the bandage off and let the air get to it.

april8
Rating
there are wounds that are best left exposed and there are wounds that should becovered with bandages to protect them from further infections... as far as i know, wounds that are infected should be cleansed regularly.They should be kept dry at all times. Shallow or superficial wounds can be left uncovered.

fasttrack
it depends on the type of wounds.

Gwen
cover

john
Rating
hi it depends on what type of injury you have.
the best thing is to keep the cut as clean as possible and covered at all times.especially if you work with chemical substances or in a kitchen.
after healing leave it without the bandage so that it can properly heal with the fresh air

ajay
It is better to cover the wound because after covering the wound the infection rate was decreased and in the case of dog biting we does not cover the wound

Twitch
Rating
Always cover with clean bandage,and apply antibiotic ointment for fastest healing. Change the bandage once per day.

Iraqi guy
thats depend on the wound size if it was big cover it while the small wounds, u can expose it to air
but in the two ways u have to ensure it will not be contaminated ,can u ?so cover it for best results.

CHRIS S
Rating
depends on the severity of the wound but you need to keep it clean so a bandage would be best

peace and love
it depends on what kind and how bad the wound is. if there is chance of infection you should cover but be careful change dressings often if they are not applied right they can cause infection, also you should if you can give several hours a day to the air. most people will do this at night when sleeping. be more specific what kinda wound??

jelo_boy1980
the latter

QuiteNewHere
Definitely cover them. Covers act as a sheild from scraping more skin off when you accidentally brush the wound against something.
It keeps dust dirt,grime and insects from landing on it.
Most people will find it gross that you are flaunting your open wound.

yellowstonedogs
I know several people that treat their wound by going into the surf.
They swear by the salt water.
But of course we all don't live on the coast, so keep it covered at night (don't want to bump it or further damage it) and when your out.
I like to keep mine open to the air when indoors at home.
Of course I'm talking about minor flesh wounds here.
Anything larger your Doc would be the best person to listen to, not us.

oo7
small cuts>open air / large cuts cover loosely till scabbed and then let open to air as its always better to let air/mothernature/heal the wounds

SAINT G
Rating
protect from the air until the scab forms.

clean it well, and bandage it until it starts to get firmer, then the barrier is safe.

after that, the air and light is good for it.

dont pick the scab!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy