Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I have a big mosquito bite thats bugging me. How can i get it to stop?

My nephew is dizzy w no other symptoms what do i do?

Curling iron burn...??
i was curling my heair like two min ago, and burned my neck with the curling iron. it hurts sooo bad!! how sould i treat it?...

If i did get bit by a black widow and i am 13 or 14 what would happen?
This is really ...

My temp has been 95.6.My normal temp is 98.9. It's been like this for 1 1/2 weeks. Should I be concerned?

When you approach a staircase is your first instinct to run up it?

I have a problem.?
its kinda weird but i need help.It is very personal,but how do i say this...I cut myself.Help me please....

What is something that bites u in bed?

What takes the heat out of a sunburn? because im hurting pretty bad?
any ...

Will an ingrown toe nail eventually grow out?
My child has had one for a while now. We soak it in warm water and epson salt, but I don't think it's helping. He's afraid to go to the doctor, so we are trying to take care of it on ...

What's the best cure for a severe sunburn?
I recently burned the tops of my feet at the beach.... wow, the pain is really intense... what's the best cure for the pain, and how can I keep my skin from peeling?...

What are you??
I'll tell you what I am:

I am a good mother, I am a sigle parent doing a great job, I am a hard-worker, I am smart, I am a very strong woman, I am a good listener, I am reliable, I am ...

What is a good thing to help with vomitting and nausea? Does Tums or Rolaids work?
My hubby and daughter started puking their guts out a couple hours ago and won't go to the doc. What can I give them (out of pepto) that I possibly have here at home cuz there is no access to a ...

What helps a sunburn?? Please it hurts!?
What are some things around the house i could do to help it? I got it all over the front of my body. Im a lifeguard and didnt wear sunscreen for the 10hrs i was out there. (Please dont lecture me ...

Why do I always bite my lower lip all the time?
Does this mean something?
Additional Details
its lightly not hard and I just find myself doing it all the time just w/...

How is it that doctors see tons of sick patients a day but never seem to get sick?

When I cut one it sounds like I crapped my pants. It has a little watery sound to it too.?
Any solutions to my problem?...

What if one feels like vomiting during a bus or train journey and needs immediate relief?
Mostly passengers are put to enormous strain if they suffer medical emergencies during long or short journey. the question is to find out if there is any tablet or medication available handy....

Sunscreen on my part?
im really white and sunburn easily, i get sunbured on my part alot cause if i put it there it looks really oily and gross like i didn't take a shower, but if i don't then i get sunburned ...

Do poeple in jail have a " cell phone " ?

~♠♥CJ♥♠~
Is it bad that I've never been stung by a bee?
Somehow I've made it 24 years without a single sting from a bee, wasp, or hornet. It's partly because I'm so deathly afraid of bugs that I run at the sight of them, LOL. My grandma is allergic to bees, so I've been meaning to get allergy tested. My fiance says that it's bad that I've never been stung before and that even if I'm not technically allergic to them, that I might have a reaction like an allergic reaction if I get stung. I guess what I'm asking is it bad that I've never been stung and don't have any immunity from it?

I hope this makes sense, lol.

rebellion
Rating
why do u wnt to get stung by a bee it pains like hell and why would u want to kill a bee(think).I hv still got a wasp sting mark on my hand so think about it and dont think abt this a bee will surely find u some or the other day

strikeapose
Rating
um yeah it wont have ne different effect on u when and if u ever do get stung Hey check out my questions

Hildegardis Bingensis
Some misconceptions there. Your boyfriend is talking about anaphylaxis, which in its worse case scenario is anaphylactic shock which can be fatal. The treatment for anaphylaxis is antihistamines, steroids or in severe cases a shot of adrenalin administered by an epipen.
If you are allergic to bee stings you NEVER gain immunity from them, (as witnessed by my vigilance in carrying an epipen everywhere in case of emergencies). Even if you Grandma is allergic that doesn't mean to say you will be allergic. And severe reactions are rare quote 'Anaphylaxis results in approximately 18 deaths per year in the U.S. (compared to 2.4 million deaths from all causes each year in the U.S.'.

Go get yourself tested. it doesn't hurt and you will know almost immediately how to control and manage your allergies, if you have any.

Cherry
I would get tested. I know im not allergic because I got stung 2 days ago on my forehead. thats a good way to test it. lol. jk. and chances r that u wont get stung anytime soon.

me Vale MADRE
Rating
I havent been stung by a bee ever either and im also 24 i dont think thats bad...

Dj Skillz30
I haven't been stung yet either and I'm 17. It's actually pretty crazy because I've had TONS of bees literally crawling on me and never stinging me, I guess cause I'm not scared of them.

But anyways I'm thinking of getting one to sting me on purpose to see if I'm allergic and I think it might be smart for you to do so also. Because what if your in the middle of nowhere or whatever or away from everyone/everything and you get stung and have a huge reaction to it and you are screwed..

themrmike
get yourself tested if you you do have an allergic reaction without proper medical attention you could die. and if you aren't then you don't have to be so afraid.tmm

paydapigg2
No, it's not bad. It just means your more careful than I am lol. I stepped on so many as a child and got stung on the foot. I haven't got stung in forever now. And only once did i get stung by something other than a honey bee.

Kathleen B
no, i dont think its bad. i actually think you are lucky! im not sure about the whole not-allergic-to-them-but-still-get-aller... thing, but id say if you keep running away from them, you wont have to worry ☺

bmwgem
Think yourself lucky, I've been stung 3 times in 28 years and I'm scared stiff of wasps and run screaming like a girl whevever one comes near me.
I don't think your imunity is affected because you've never been stung.

Bri
Immunity? No, not at all. It's lucky that you haven't. A bee sting is only a very small amount of poison hardly injected into the top layer of your skin. It's a good idea to get tested to see if you are allergic though.

Pb17
Rating
lol many people have not got stung by bees.... its just one of those things that may happen or may not.. to me, i think it is good not getting stung by a bee for 24 years! keep going!

not my real name
Rating
that is totally insane.

nickipettis
i don't think it is bad.

You could go to an allergist to get just that test.
if you are severely allergic, you will be in the right place.

brittany lynn
Rating
its not bad. ive never been stung by anything and im 17. but i mean it could end up turning out worse then someone that has been stung before. all i would have to say is just keep avoiding them like you have been and hope you dont get stung.

K.Kingston
Rating
no, i wasn't stung until last year, and then i was and it was fine. but if it runs in your family you might want to get tested just to be sure. it runs in mine but me and my parents are all without an allergy so know one really knows.

hope this helps

Bryan M
Rating
You need to go get tested for the venom in their stinger.
No ouchies or oowies or whaaies or anything. K? :)

PJ
Rating
No, that isn't bad. Chances are you are not allergic. It doesn't matter that your grandmother is allergic. That doesn't mean anything. Getting stung doesn't give you immunity to anything.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy