Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Dizziness, nausea, vomitting and passing out......?
My friend and I spend the day at the beach, sunbaked got farely burnt, walked around for abit, had some lunch (a salad)...on the way home we both experienced nause and dizziness. She also blanked out ...

I got a VERY bad sunburn, do you know any ways to make it feel better?
Bright red and blistered on my shoulders, face, and back. OUCHY!!!...

I have an object...?
I have an object in my right ear. It's hard, and it's not too small. Do you think my doctor will be able to remove it? Or an ENT doctor? Do you think it'll hurt a lot??? Please answer.....

When will it go away?
hi, i am in the middle of the healing process with tonsilitis and strep throat and i am on amoxil..my pain when i swallow is getting a little better, but when will the redness on each side of my ...

Blood.......?
Ok so this morning,when i came in from outside i spit up blood.Not like,alot of blood but there was blood in it.Is it possible for it to be a sinus problem?Could your sinuses drain and then you spit ...

AID"S? Will it kill you?

Am i underweight????!!?
I WEIGH 62 POUNDS AM I UNDERWEIGHT...EVERYONE AT SCHOOL TELL ME I AM UNDERWEIGHT, I AM 15 YEARS OLD.MY DOCTOR IS REALLY WORIED BUT I CANT GAIN WEIGHT...AM I UNDERWEIGHT?
Additional Details<...

How Can I Grow Taller???
I'm 13 years old, and I am only 4'10! I really want to be like 5'3. Does anybody know any tricks to get taller??...

WHY am I so f'n CLUMSY!?!?!?!?
I thought it was something that only bothered me and others during puberty or "the awkward years" or to some women who are "on their monthly" and are tired/not paying attention... ...

What is the fastest way to grow your hair for free and that's easy?

How should i treat a burn on my hand caused by a hot pan?

Can I open my eyes underwater if I have contact lenses in?

For the Guys.?
Do you wear underwear?
What kind of underwear and brand?
What color and does the color have any significance to you?
Additional Details
I was inspired to ask this question ...

Do caterpillars bite?
I've just been out in the garden barefooted and came back in to find a caterpillar like thing stuck to my foot! I flicked it off but didn't get a chance to catch the little blighter to ...

Accidently drank bleach?
Accidently drank some water mixed with bleach. Apparently in a 1:2 bleach to water ratio. Was a mistake. Drank about a glass of it...tasted funny. My brother told me he was using it for some ...

Do you think my finger is infected?
My cut could be infected? I cut my finger 6 days ago! It is still open and is swollen a little and hurts. There is nothing coming out of it and are no weird colors. What should i do?...

How do you get high?
im not going to get addictive......................

I have intense lower backpain, whats a good way to releive it before i visit the doctor?
ive already taken ...

I like to bite my toenails off, is that nasty?

Have you ever hated yourself? Why? How could you get over it?

AHHA
Infected [new] ear piercing--should I leave the earing out?
I got my 2nd set of ear piercings done about 4 weeks ago. I am supposed to leave the studs in for 6 weeks, but yesterday it began to swell on one ear and it bothered me today, too. As I was washing my face this evening the towel got caught on the earing and some red/pink puss and a little blood came out. I took the earing out to clean around it and put some disinfectant on it. Should I leave it out over night, or put the stud back in?? Am I at risk of the hole closing in any when it dries out over night? Advice?

Jessica C
Rating
The hole shold not close over night. I would clean the wound really good and leave it out for one night and then push it back through in the morning. You may even have to let them heal and close and then go back again. I know that is not what you wanted to hear, but it needs to heal or else you will have bigger problems on your hands.

tini.marie
if you take the earing out you can trap the infection in and it can spread. guess what organ is closest to your ear...

MoE
yea i had the same thing happen when i got my ears pierced........you can buy some ear peircing cleaning stuff....that usually works pretty well......just clean it OFTEN and try to sqeeze the puss out.....if you have to take it out to do so then do it but dont leave it out for to long

Cindy F
it would be best that you leave the ear ring out. It definitely is infected.

Lisa
Rating
No, don't take the ring out! It will most likely close up on you and it needs to stay open for the infection to drain. Disinfectant isn't that good to use on your peircing either. I had trouble with my nose peircing, and I used tea tree oil and it cleared it right up within 2 or 3 days. I had tried every other thing I could possibly think of for weeks, and as soon as I tried tea tree oil...voila! Bye, bye infection! Depending on where you get it, it will probably cost around $10, but it last for ages and is so worth it!

Good luck! :)

lemonbeards
Rating
yes you should take it out but it will close up. i suggest that if you want to keep it in keep cleaning it.if it gets very painful then go to ur doc and they will prescribe meds to fight the infection if this dosent help then it will need to be taken out.

hotdogsarefree
the hole / will close up / clean with peroxide /put back / in /apply / an / over the counter /antibiotic / ointment / do this /3 times a day / if not healed / in less / than a week /take it out / do not put / back in /good luck

emily
its really up to you.. I had a cartalage.. swell up and pounding in my head really bad.. but my school nurse was like you could die.. really didn't think so.. but I don't remember if I took it out.. I think I took the back off.. and let my ear breathed.. and tried to and hurt really bad.. and its hard to get back in... but if its been 4 weeks and douple on the lobe then I think it would be fine if you did take it out.. clean it.. put it back in after an hour or 2.. like my nose if i leave it out for more then an hour.. it begins to hurt really bad and its been almost a year. good luck hope I helped..

bkgrl718
Rating
chances are it will start closing so you could either take th chance and put it back in but just clean it much more often or you can keep it out wait for it to heal and repierce which I had to do once because the infection was not getting any better

peterbilt197
Rating
Take out your earrings and get a pair of hypo-allergenic ones. Clean your piercings 3x aday with hydrogen peroxide.Take your earrings out when you do this and rinse then with peroxide as well.

punishedpanther
Rating
no. i pierced my ears two years ago, and they were infected CONSTANTLY for the first year and a half. now their finally grown in and right. just give it time, time i tell you! and clean your ears GOOD. and spin/rotate your earrings.

wildbeauty123
Rating
NO! You must NEVER take the earring out of an infected ear piercing, or infact piercing of any kind. Go to your doctor and he/she will give you some cream that will soon eradicate the infection. Trust me, I've been there! Hope this helps x

Sumeraine
Rating
Don't take the stud out. If it's a minor infecton & it sounds like it is, use alcohol to clean it & apply neosporin twice a day. (You should have been cleaning it with alcohol twice a day anyway for about the first week or 2 & rotating them so the skin doesn't grow to the earring.) If the studs are cheap, you can take them out & replace with hypo-allergenic ones but do it quickly as the hole will scab over after a short time.

If it's bad, go to the doctor & get an antibiotic. You may be forced to take the stud out & get it re-pierced at a later time because, yes it will close up if you remove the stud.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy