Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Spider bite helppppppp!!!!?
i think i got bite by a spider the infected area is swollen and is turning black it itches and its stings and i feel a throbbin sensation is this a spider bite or jus a nail cuticle??
A...

I accidentally ate a bee, what do i do?
I was eating raspberries from the grocery store and i put one in my mouth and it was crunchy so i spit it out and i realized it was a bumblebee. It must have been inside the raspberry. Im afraid im ...

How a women become pregnant?

Brains or beauty? guys help me out here!?
I am so confussed right now. I really want people to like me, Mostly guys <wink>. BUT i have a problem. I am more of a Brain than a Beauty. Yeah i dont consider myself ugly or anything of ...

How do I break my toe?
I need the easiest way to do it
Additional Details
how hard do i have to kick a basketball for it to break?...

Ear Lobe infection from earrings! Need a QUICK FIX, that can be done at home!!?
Well, I wore a pair of fake, cheapy earrings, and waah-laah!

EAR INFECTION.

Help me please....

Help me to sleep!?
I havn't slept now for 3 nights and I think I'm going nuts! Someone please give me some ideas as to wot will help me slip off to slumber land. I usually take sleeping tablets as at the ...

Why do smokers continue to smoke when they warn that it's bad to their health?

In a few weeks im taking my boyfriend to get a pedicure with me?
do you think this is strange? i told him its very relaxing. he says his looking forward to getting a pedicure with me then going to the bar....

Does Anyone Know Of Any Natural Cures For Asthma?

What should you do if you are alone and choking?

Have u slept on the Toilet-seat when.....?
when u r too tired or just got up from sleep, but still feeling sleepy or tired, When u were sitting on ur toilet seat, did u get sleep anytime. How many minutes were u slept before realizing, oh no.<...

If you cut your finger and don't get stitches but probably should have???
What would happen?

My husband cut his finger with a weed eater blade......

Bacon piece in throat??
I was eating bacon this morning, and i like my bacon crispy!..About a little bit after i ate, i felt itchy in the throat. I thought it could have been the bacon scratched me...but now i'm ...

Whats the one thing you can live with in your life and the one thing you just can't live without?

Additional Details
Didn't know which catergory to put it under....

I have a tiny peice of glass stuck in my finger. How do I get it out?
It's so small that I can't even see it. I've tried a pin and squeezing it, but it won't come out it just hurts. I cut myself while cleaning up a broken glass, so I know it's ...

A spider web can stop bleeding??
Can a spider web heal a wound ...(at least stop bleeding)
by covering the wound ~ ??...

Can you cut/get a cut on your eye?
i was takin off my mayeup, and i swiped a cloth along the bottom of my eye, but i might have scaped it with my nail becuz my eye started to hurt. is it possible to cut ur eye, if so how long will it ...

I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years, and he's very mean to me. What should I do?
He tells me a women place is in the kitchen, and cleaning the house. I'm a 90's lady, I don't beleave in that....

How can we stop the drug problem in our society?

Brigitte
If a person cuts themselves bad enough to need stitches, but does not get them, what can happen?
I am worried about my friend with a very deep cut who has not gone to a doctor ...

cookiegal
Rating
well it will get infected, then they will say u have to get your limb amputated, or you will die. its called gangrene..........there are some excellent pictures of gangrene on the internet. check it out.

The Chick With Stix
Rating
It will definately leave a scar.
It will probably get infected and that could lead to amputation or death.

middleagedcowgirl
Rating
It could get infected and get into her blood stream and make her very sick. If she waits 24 hrs after the cut happened all the E.R. will do is clean it. By stitching it the infection gets closed in so if she keeps it clean & puts antibiotic ointment on it it should be o.k. Have her check her temp. regularly to rule out blood infection. Good Luck!

If you have any of the following symptoms, evaluate those symptoms first.

Most cuts that require treatment should be stitched, stapled, or closed with skin adhesives within 6 to 8 hours after the injury. Some cuts that require treatment can be closed as long as 24 hours after the injury. Your risk of infection increases the longer the cut remains open. For more information, see are stitches, staples, or skin adhesives necessary?

Review health risks that may increase the seriousness of your symptoms.

Has mild bleeding slowed but has not stopped after applying direct pressure 3 times for 15 minutes each time (45 minutes total)?

If you have answered "No" to the above questions, go back to Check Your Symptoms and continue to answer the questions to evaluate your Symptoms.

Do you have any loss of function at or near a cut injury?

See significance of loss of function if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Are you unable to move your limb normally (not because of pain) below the cut injury?
Do you have tingling, numbness, or loss of feeling below the cut injury, not just at the site of the cut?

If you have answered "No" to the above questions, go back to Check Your Symptoms and continue to answer the questions to evaluate your Symptoms.

Do you have signs of decreased blood flow at or near a cut injury?

Is your skin pale and cold to the touch (pallor) below a cut injury?
Do you have tingling, burning, numbness, or a "pins and needles" feeling (paresthesia) below a cut injury?
Do you have severe pain?
Do you have decreased blood flow below a cut based on the pinch test?

Do you have broken skin over the site of a suspected fracture?

Are you unable to remove an object or debris from a cut?

Do you have a deep cut on the face, neck, chest, or abdomen?
Are muscles, ligaments, tendons, or bones visible?
Do you have a deep cut over a joint?

Do you have a deep cut on another area of the body?

Has a cut removed all the layers of skin (avulsion injury)?

Have all the layers of the skin been removed (avulsion injury) in an area that is 1 in. (2.5 cm) or larger in diameter?

Have all the layers of skin of the tip of a finger or toe been removed in an area that is less than 1 in. (2.5 cm) in diameter?
Have all the layers of skin over a joint been removed?
Do you have a cut that opens or increases in size with movement?

Do you have swelling or bruising at or near a cut injury?

See significance of swelling or bruising if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Call your health professional immediately if you answer "Yes" to the following question.
Yes Do you have severe swelling or bruising?
Call your health professional today if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Yes Did a lot of swelling and bruising develop within 30 minutes of the injury and symptoms have not gone away?
Yes Did swelling develop after a cut over a joint?
You may wait to see if the symptoms improve over the next 24 hours (or specified time period) if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Yes Has swelling from a cut (not over a joint) gotten worse over the past 24 hours despite home treatment?
Yes Have you had a moderate amount of swelling from a cut for 2 to 3 days, but it does not interfere with normal function?

Yes Do you have any signs of infection?

See significance of signs of infection if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Call your health professional immediately if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Yes Do you have increased swelling, redness, or warmth around a deep cut?
Yes Do you have increased swelling, redness, or warmth around a cut over a joint?
Yes Do you have a cut over a joint and increased pain with movement of the joint?
Yes Do you have red streaks extending from a cut over a joint?
Yes Has a cut over a joint become more tender to the touch?
Yes Do you have any drainage of pus from a cut over a joint?
Yes Do you have swollen lymph nodes near a cut over a joint?
Yes Do you have a cut over a joint and a fever?
Yes Do you have diabetes?
Yes Do you have a cut on a leg or foot and peripheral arterial disease?
Yes Do you have a disease that causes problems with your immune system?
Call your health professional today if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Yes Do you have increased pain, swelling, redness, or warmth around the cut?
Yes Is the area around your cut increasingly tender to the touch?
Yes Do you have red streaks extending from the cut?
Yes Do you have pus in or around the cut?
Yes Do you have a fever?
You may wait to see if the symptoms improve over the next 24 hours (or specified time period) if you answer "Yes" to any of the following questions.
Yes Do you have mild pain and swelling with redness less than 1 in. (2.5 cm) around the cut?
Yes Do you have swollen lymph nodes near the injured area?

Yes Are you unable to adequately clean a cut using home treatment?

See significance of cuts that can't be cleaned adequately if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Note: For more information, see how to clean a skin wound.

Yes Are you unable to adequately clean a cut at home because it is large or deep?
Yes Are you unable to adequately clean a cut at home because cleaning causes too much pain?

Yes Do you have a cut that may need to have stitches, staples, or skin adhesives?

See significance of cuts that may need stitches, staples, or skin adhesives if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Note: Most wounds that require treatment should be stitched, stapled, or closed with skin adhesives within 6 to 8 hours after the injury. Some wounds that require treatment can be closed as long as 24 hours after the injury. For more information, see are stitches, staples, or skin adhesives necessary?

Yes Do you have a cut more than 0.25 in. (0.6 cm) deep and 0.75 in. (1.9 cm) long with jagged edges or the cut gapes open?
Yes Do you have a cut on the face, eyelids, lips, or another area that you are worried may scar?

Yes Do you need a tetanus shot?

See significance of tetanus shot if you need information to help you answer the questions below.

Yes Was your last tetanus shot longer than 5 years ago?
Yes Are you unsure of when you had your last tetanus shot?
Yes Did you not complete the primary vaccination series?

If a visit to a health professional is not needed immediately, see the Home Treatment section for self-care information.

firechick1721
as long as it is not bleeding, and they keep it clean, then the only major worry is a really big ugly scar... i have a few of those because i wouldnt go get stitches... but bleeding had stopped and i kept them clean.. dont pick at scabs!!!

Dr. D
Rating
anything from a regular infection to gangreen (which is severe), followed symptoms such as fever, nausea, flush, etc. But when ever you have a deep laceration its best to seek medical help ASAP!

maplewoodjoe
The wound will close itself probably better without stitches than with them. You do need to be concerned about infection, and obviously bleeding.

julvrug
It would depend on where the cut is and how they are treating it. if it does not heal and becomes infected, they really do not want to know what can happen. If they did not cut any nerves, or veins, they maybe OK if they keep it clean, and use butterfly sutures to hold the cut closed. it all depends on what they are doing for it and where it is located, at the first signs of infection, they best get to a doctor.

bssd12000
If they keep it clean it should not get infected. A very deep wound that needs stitches needs to have stitches with in 6 hours. It will be slow to heal, be more susceptible to infection and can leave a nasty scar. Tell your friend to keep it clean and dry. Use guaze to cover it and hold the edges together as much as possible. If it starts to get red, smelly or have a weird discharge to go to the doctor.

CR
Rating
first of all the bleeding can be hard to keep stopped. If it has been more than 12 hours they won't stitch it anyway. Go to a drug store and get butterfly bandages. They work good. Keep it clean and disinfected. If infection set in soak in warm water with dreft baby laundry soap, the dry kind, it works great on infection. Without stitches the scar will be more noticable

LuvtoAnswer
I wrecked my bike and got this really deep gash on my elbow and it needed stiched but I didnt wnat to so i Didnt i just cleaned it well and made sure it didnt blead and used proper wound care. But if you have this big long gash you really need to make sure they go to the docter watch for infection i really think you should convience your friend to go to the docter tell ur friend if it gets infected which is very possible that it will be bad and he will be sick for awhile and havta take antbiotics and its much easier to just go t othe docter and have it looked at to make sure its ok

Aymee L
Rating
Infection is possible and a bad raised scar is imminent. If she is cutting herself and not by accident she needs to see more than a medical doctor.

auntiee
Rating
When you go to the emergency room with a cut like that, the first thing that is done-it is irrigated or cleaned. Then if it needs stitches,it will be done then. It worries me that it may get infected. The other thing is that it may take longer to heal,or heal improperly,the two edges don't come together properly, and scar tissue may develop. Why don't you get this friend to the emergency room for them to take a look at it? Mabe it just needs to be cleaned and bandaged. Another thing is the tetanus shot up to date? Depending on the nature of the injury,that may need to be done. The doctors are there to help and want to help-see if you can get this checked out just to be sure. Good luck.

T White
If there is no infection, or they don't bleed to death, they will have a huge, nasty scar

wditt2
I would use some triple antibiotic to help prevent infection and then use some gauze and tape it up chances are it will heal with a small scar depending on the size of the injury that will disappear in a short time

coach81
If the cut is open, it will leave a scar unless it has been closed. Sometimes, the cut can be closed without stitches. A butterfly tape works well if the cut is not big. A butterfly cut is cut like the wings on a butterfly with the wings placed outside the cut, and the small piece in the middle/ It goes across the cut and holds the open together on the cut. I have seen the butterfly work very well. But--a tetanus shot may be needed.

eileenprince@sbcglobal.net
Rating
It depends on how bad it is. I know you can use butterfly stitches to help the wound heal, especially if it is really wide. They have websites that tell you how to make them at home. Just search up 'homemade butterfly stitches' and see what comes up. If you need more help, message me.

How did you friend cut themselves? Was it an accident? It'd be a lot better just to go a doctor, because you never know what could happen. It could get infected or something. If this wasn't an accidental cut, you could make up a lie as to how it happened so you or your friend can get the help you need.

Like I said, I'm here if you need me. Been through all of it before.

hotnerd11
Rating
it can get infected

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy