Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Is it safe to wash my eye to remove a drop of cooking oil which ropped onto it during coking with?
purified water sodium chloride which is meant for cleaning contact lenses?...

I think im depressed how can i find out before asking my doctor?
I have looked at "symptoms" and signs for this but I really want answers from people that have this or know of it. My dad has anxiety, can it be that? Im not too sure of ...

Inside of ear itches...beginning of ear infection?
For the past 3 days or so the inside of my ear has been itchy...and now every once and awhile I feel the slightest pain for a few seconds..that just started today.I had swimmers ear a couple years ...

Does taking a nap everyday affect your health?
I take a nap everyday arfter school for about an hour.. is this good or is it bad for me??...

What is a good treatment to relieve swollen, red, runny eyes?
Our 9-year old son has swollen, red, runny eyes since an hour or two ago. We don't know what caused it but he did go swimming in our apartment pool about 3 hours ago so, that's a likely ...

At what age did you start smoking?

Whats a good way for popping your ears when plugged?
I have tried ear drops to drain out the fluids (and i dont have ear infection) and i have cleaned my ears.
I have a cold i havent gotten over quite yet, even tho its getting MUCH better. My ears ...

Do you believe that size matters?
I'm the tallest in my class and they think it's great....

What household item can be used to ease the pain of a minor oven burn?

How can i give rid of sunburn?
how can i get rid of my suburn cause today i put sunblock every two hours with 50sph but i want to know if theres something to take my sunburn in one week, what do i need to apply on
Additional ...

What's the best way to get a tiny glass splinter out of my finger - I can't even see it, but can feel it.

What is the sickest thing you've ever heard of being inside of a person?
I'm watching this show on TLC... some guy had a 9 foot board stuck through ...

What are you to do if you get stung by a wasp?
I just got stung by a wasp and it burns really bad what am I to do because I dont know if you know I would appreciate it very much?...

Could i use expired ear medicine?
i have a mild yet bothersome ear pain. i have some medicine from a while ago that expired in january. the medicine is called VOSOL HC/ACETASOL HC. i have looked it up on the internet but cant find ...

Spider Bite!!!?
Today, I woke up with a big bump next to my ear. It is very painful to the touch and is hard. All day, i have been tired and I fell very weak. I have had a headache and a stomach ache. I have also ...

Help need advice?
say if u dateing a boy and he is a very good person and he is very easy going but one day he pop up and say are u ready to give up your virginty and u dont want to really so no or yes which one ...

Is booger eating bad for your health?
My little neice won't believe me that boogers are full of germs so I'm out to prove myself right. Does anyone know?...

I just got clorox bleach in an open scratch?
It burned like hell at the begginging but it's okay now. Do you think I will be okay or should I use a certain product to clean it?

Can you drink alcohol while taking penicillin?

Does anyone have that feeling ever when your mind feels cloudy and you can't understand wats goin on arnd u?
I feel that way all day whether at work or home.. just a kind of lethargy. I sleep well most of the time.. but I am always tired.. does anyone know why?...

subseven0802
I think I broke my pinky toe... should I have a Doctor look at or just let it heal?

tatmomx10
Have it checked, but they can't cast it. All they can do is make sure it's in the right place, then tape it until it heals. In the mean time, you're gonna be in some pain.

Hope you heal quickly!

Arbitrage
It's probably best to go to a doctor. Most of the time, they'll tell you to just let it heal and not stress it too much, but it's better to be on the safe side.

?
Rating
Go to the doctor to avoid any healing complications. And get proper treatment

furfaro123
well, its not like they can really put a cast on it. my sister had the same problem and it healed fine. if something really bad happens (like some kind of complication), then you can see a doctor. It should just heal, though.

ak222002
it probaly better to go the doctor he/she might do something to make it better

priss
Rating
keeping in mind I have no medical degree I know the cartiledge in said pinky toe is not something that a doctor will "set" so if you can bear the pain I would not go to a doctor. ....i would go immediately if you need 10 vicoden which is probably the best you can hope for.

milonakis_ 2012
well the doc cant do anything but they have little cast at like cvs and wallgreens thats what i used

stormy
Rating
Put ice on it to reduce swelling and elevate it. Then you can take some gauze and bandage tape and tape the pinky toe to the next toe. This works as a splint and will allow the toe to heal in a normal position. The ER won't do very much more. Take OTC pain killers (Tylenol, Motrin, etc.) Watch for signs of infection redness, warm to touch, swelling(after initial swelling has gone away.) Expect some swelling accompanied by bruising and discoloration.

Good Luck:)

resource man
Rating
as long as your toe isn't all bent up or bleeding there is nothing they can do but confirm if it is broke let it heal on its own if it turns funny colors or the swelling wont go down after a few days go to the doc

MentalCaseMaggot
Should probaly get someone to check it out. You don't want to get gane green or whatever that infection is...

geenabee73
Xray Tech here: when people break their toes, the orthopedic technologists often "buddy tape them," which means they'll tape the toe that's broken to the toe beside it, which keeps the broken bone from moving more out of place, so the place where the break is can "knit" back together and heal. If you want my opinion, save yourself some healthcare expense and unnecessary radiation from the x-rays they'll undoubtedly do and tape the toe you think is broken to the one next to it. If it was me, I'd take about 4 advils or tylenol xtra strength a couple times a day (but don't do this for more than a week, that's bad for the liver), and see if it gets better. If your problem continues after about a week, you might THEN want to go see a doctor, or if the toe swells alarmingly bigger. Slight swelling is normal, as well as blue/purple/black discoloration, unless the swelling is extreme, or the discoloration includes the entire toe. You can, of course, see your primary care doctor, instead of any kind of emergency facility, and save yourself a little money while getting expert medical advice. If taping it doesn't help, the orthopedic techs usually put a "Boot" on the patients which is a weird looking orthopedic shoe, which is very irritating, but will definitely cost more than tape. Good Luck, and use good judgement!!!!

maccagirl64
Rating
You'd probably be better off going to the doctor. There's not much they can do for a pinky toe (broke mine this time last year), but its better to have them take xrays and make sure that it will heal properly... you don't want to be stuck with a poorly healed toe =)

VIP
Doctor wouldn't hurt. It will heal, but it may not set right. So you could end up with a "crooked toe"

werbĂŁo
Rating
Go see a doctor. You might have to imobilize the pinky toe... Sometimes it can become crooked if you don't do anything about it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy