Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What will happen if I have a cut that requires stiches but dont get them?
I got a pritty bad cut on my arm and I know it needs stiches but I did not get them. I got a kit that has some things to hold skin together and has bandages to go over them with medicated stuff on ...

My shoulders are badly burnt?
they hurt really bad whats the easiest way to make the burn go away?...

What would cause a baby to be born with an extra thumb?
was wondering cause i had a friend that had this happen and i wanna know why!...

Cut my foot off while trimming my hedges last week. It smells and is green, does that mean it is healing?

If your life is in a spin...........?
Jump up and down in a bin. You know it makes sense.
Additional Details
Thank you asbo arry. I`m sure I will....

When did you hit puberty?
I was talking to my girlfriend the other day about puberty and when we hit that age. And I just wanted to know how you guys compare to us (we were both 11)...

Whats the best way to dry out poison ivy?
What is the best way to dry out poison ivy?...

Can i put super glue on a finger cut?

Anyone know anything about black eyes?
I suffered a black eye over a month ago and there is still a slight bruise underneath my eye?...will it eventually heal?...

What medical procedures should a first aider in an office be able to perform?

Stinky sac.....My sac smells really bad, even after I wash it. I wonder why...?
Scrotum. Balls. Unit. Guys. Jr....

What would be your ideal way of dying?
We all have to die people! How do you want to go?...

Should I have a Tuna Salad Sandwich or a Chicken Salad Sandwich for lunch?
I'm working out, trying to get in shape. So, I want to eat healthy. Which is better?...

How to successfully treat a 3rd degree burn?

How do you stop a cut lip from bleeding?
Its fairly small cut from shaving but it got the top layer of skin. It has been bleeding for an almost an hour. We applied direct pressure and ice... and it slowed but its not completely stopped. Any ...

My pink eye wont go away!?
i have had it since friday and i have been using drops from my doctor .. one moment it looks better and the next it doesnt and now it seems to be spreading to my left eye too... any ideas for a cure?...

Owww!!!!my sunburn hurts like crazy what do i do?
i tried aloe vera but its not working....

What's the best way to make a 2nd degree burn on the palm of your hand and fingers stop hurting?

I feel a strange pain in my knee..can anybody help??
I was going down a stairs when suddenly my left knee started to hurt a lot...I ignored it at first but the pain raised too much...there's no swelling at all...so i can say there's no torn ...

I grate my teeth most nights while im sleeping, does anyone els suffer from this and is there a prevention?

Additional Details
i partake in over 1 and 1/2 hours of cardio exercise a day....

Catherine.
I just accidentally cut my leg off with a power saw... i put a towel around it, but it keeps soaking up!?
what the hell do i do?

Victoria
Rating
You cut your whole leg off and your on the computer?!!! Get to hospital.

Me
LOL R U serouis, you you cut off your leg yet you had time to go on your computer.

But if you are serouis call 911, while you wait get a new towel and freeze the amputated leg, this will help preserve it then there may be a chance that they can sow it back on.

jmarie2186
Yeah ok, and i just cut my head off, but yet im on the computer.

Terry O
Rating
If you can't get the bleeding to stop you should get to an emergency room. First aid is to raise the wound above the level of your heart, which can be tricky unless you are lying down. Apply a tourniquet above the wound. Release the tournniquet momentarily every fifteen minutes.

HappyAtlantaGirl
Rating
Call the police? What is this a riddle? Your blood loss should render you unconcious by now.... Should you happen to be alive, apply pressure to it... tenderly wrapping a towel around it is gonna give you those exact results...
But hey, thanks for the 2 pts, hope everything works out for ya...

EDIT: I'm not saying wrapping a towel is suffient pressure, I'm saying her wrapping it around her leg is gonna give her the results she got.... anyways it's all fake.

Dawn R
Rating
i agree with aarons girl. you really will look silly with one leg longer than the other.

Vagabond
Rating
With an injury like this, you're at risk for being permenantly paralized from the neck up...

Aaron's Girl
Rating
cut off your other leg so you dont look stupid. then you can be like lt. dan! (from forrest gump if you dont know.)

Edie
Rating
If I cut my leg off I hardly think I'd be on the computer asking strangers what to do. Obviously you would be at the hospital if it were true. Why do people ask phony questions?

Nick Nack
Rating
GET A NEW TOWEL!!!!

Teacher
Rating
Go to the hospital. Call 911.

Bryan
first of all your a young girl so what are you doing near a power saw, and why are you in the computer if your leg got cut off. and why out of all websites like web md do you come here.

bananafish6726
Rating
I find it a little hard to believe you cut your leg off and stopped to ask about it on Yahoo! But, just in case, first have someone call 911 NOW! You are in real danger of bleeding to death. In order to prevent this, you are going to have to put a tourniquet on your leg. Direct pressure with a towel is insufficient for a severed limb because of severed arteries. Give nothing by mouth until paramedics arrive.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy