Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

My 1yr old was stung by mosquito a day later his eyelid is swollen should i take him to doc immediately?
the mosquito bite was near the ...

8 glasses of water a day?
I know your so supposed to have atleast 8 glasses of water daily, but i was wondering if the one cup of water added to soup or the water in your soft drink or the water in your fruit drink are all ...

A wood splinter?
i was making food with some wooden skewers and got a splinter in my finger, so small its rediculous! i scratched it and tried to get it out and thought i had. but i hadn,t and it is obviously still ...

What is the difference in Level 1,2,and 3 Emergency Rooms?

My diaper wont stay on how can I keep it from slipping down?( I have a medical condition)?
The fastening tabs keep coming undone causing the diaper to slide off my waist....

Werewolf bite cure?
i was bitten by a werewolf when loking for my flash light i droped out side two weeks a go. i think the next full moon in on the 30th and i herd if u cure yourself befor the fist transormation, your ...

Is it true the putting a penny on a bee sting helps the swelling go away?

What should I do after burning myself from a pan? please help!!?
it seems like its forming a blister.......

Help! i think ive got a spider bite?
ok i had this big spider jumping around my room last night and i woke up and i have this bite on my foot that has this swollen bump around it on my foot. all the veins are popping out of it and i ...

Burned With No Aloe.. anythnig else?
I can use around the house to ease my sunburn? my NOSE ESPECIALLY HURTS TO THE TOUCH!...

Whish one is better the health or money?!?

Is it true that being in total darkness for 14 hours will cause blindness?

Additional Details
My family went to a cave, and the person giving the tour told us that....

Why do I not stop bleeding?
I always bleed a lot. My nose will sometimes bleed for 2 hours. I just got a little paper cut the other day and it bled for an hour and a half. Is there something wrong with my blood or am I just ...

Treat a 5yr old that has sunburn?

Help! Mosquito Bites!?
Okay I got about 10 mosquito bites last night, ahhh!

I wanted to wear shorts on Saturday but my mosquito bites are VERY big.

I don't mind the irration, I just want to know ...

Is there anything between those ears?

Additional Details
curiousgeorge has no sense of humor or is jealous of my questions. ...

What, besides aloe, is good for taking the sting and redness out of a sunburn?
I am burnt in several places. THe most painful being around where my swimsuit was. It is kind of a reddish-brown color, so I know it will be a tan, but I want to get rid of the discomfort. I have ...

Why do i sleep in classes and when i study even though i had a decent night of sleep?
Well, when i drive im not sleepy, but as soon as i read a few lines from my book to study, i instantly feel sleepy and my eyes starts to close. When im in class, i would start to close my eyes, ...

Can you suggest me how to get rid of sever headache?
I stay in Bangalore, software profession, I get sever headache very often, The headache will be unbearable. Most of the time I get this headache when I go out in sun. Please let me know if you know ...

I'm in SERIOUS pain from what could be a flea bite...Does anybody know what could possibly help?
I started developing 3, what first itched like mosquito bites behind my left knee. Two of them have now started going away but the third one has remained and is now VERY RED & SWOLLEN! Somewhat ...

Kat
I ingested a little bit of bleach. Besides a bit of a weird taste I feel fine, should I call the doctor?

Additional Details
It was just a tiny bit that got onto my hand from the counter while there was cleaning solution on it. I don't think it was enough to do much but I just got nervous because the smell is so strong.

scoobyshomegirl
Rating
ok i know people who drink a little bleach to pass drug test and they puke a little but thats about it

Catt the Points Hunter
Rating
call the doc

medic737
Rating
Dentists use bleach in our mouths every day and some def. gets swallowed. I wouldn't worry!

Haley
Yes, you should call your doctor.
Just because you feel fine now, doesn't mean you'll feel fine later.
Bleach can be very harmful, so call your doctor.

Man U
Only call the doctor, if you begin to feel a little dizzy or ill.. If that happens call your doctor and get to a hospital as soon as you can!! hope its fine though

TA*KAY
dont call the doctor, call the poison control center. the number should be on the bottle. they will tell you if you need to see a doctor or not. it all depends on the amount and if the bleach was diluted or not. good luck!

nite_angelica
What is a 'little bit'? If it really was a tiny amount, you will be fine.

EDIT: Nah, that won't hurt you.

Sean P
Rating
Drink lots of milk to neutralise - dont vomit. The risk is the bleach burns your food pipe and/or stomach. If you drank lots of fluid quickly it will neutralise it.

As for the pipe burns, well if you havent got any burning feeling or pain when you swallow anything, then you are likely ok. If you feel any pain or sickness, then go to ER.

djb2099
Drink Milk and do not vomit

paramedicgirl
Rating
OOH! I just had a 2 year-old patient who swallowed some bleach (according to the 5-year old brother). Poison control said that it would take over 2 full swallows for it to really harm the kid, and to have them drink at least a full glass of milk (NO VOMITING). They also said to watch for excessive drooling, vomiting, and diarhea, and to take the kid to the ER if these do occur. I would imagine these would be the same things to look for in an adult (and it would take more than 2 swallows to be harmful). Hope this helps!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, December 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy