Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Crutches Please Give me advice!!!!!!!!?
okay 14 days ago I sprained my ankle and it is still swollen slightly, and bruised and it hurts to move it up doen and around. the thing is it also hurts to walk on it and it pops when I do. It also ...

Any tips on to swallow pills?
I'm 31 and still I have the hardest time swallowing pills. If I have a cold, I take children's meds or in liquid format. I gag every time and can't swallow a pill. I guess this is ...

Whats the best remedy to revitalise your energy level?

Urination in own bath water is it bad or good for you?
Conflicting ideas are aired some say it is good others would disagree....

How to treat severe burn?
sorry bout awful grammar just got awful burn on right hand and typing with left, i was wearing an oven mitt but when i reched for the tray in the oven it burnt thruhappened about half hr. ago, burns ...

Can you name five things you do every day without thinking?

Why do women "perspire" but men "sweat"?
serious question. But open to funny answers....

Is it true that if you eat before swimming, that you'll drown?
It's an old wives tale, I think? Or is it?...

Please help, i burned myself how do i prevent a scar?
HELP!!! i burned myself with the clothing iron on my arm. it's the third or fourth day, right now it's still red and i've put a lot of neosporin on it but it's sooo red i'm ...

Do u smoke cigarettes?
if u do smoke..what kind do u smoke and how much a day?..and if u use to smoke and no longer do...how did u quit?...

Do paramedics cut off the patients underwear?
i know that paramedics cut off peoples clothes but are they allowed to cut the patients underwear off too? And if they do when would they do it?
Additional Details
do they ever cut off ...

Whats something that would help the swelling go down that i could put on my face?
i had a snowboarding accident and wiped out, at first it looked like a rug burn on my face, but its getting worse. this morning it looked like i got punched in the face, its kind of purple and stuff. ...

What is the best cure for a headache?
It hurts between my eyes and on my temples....

Whats the best way to cure a hangover please its a thumper in my head?

Are you a??????
scab picker or do you leave em to fall off and heal naturally???

im a picker! my fiancee hates it as when i have no war wounds i start on any he may have - if ive no nails left to bite! ...

I have a bug bite that itches like crazy and is a little swollen?
what can I put on it to make the itching stop and make it dry up and go away fast. I have already tried Itch Relief Benadryal and it's not working....

If fifty wolverines were tryin to attack ur cousins what the heck would you doin a situation like that??Gosh!?

Do you know CPR?

Whats the best thing to stop mosquitos from biting you?

How can i bruise my own eye?

shaz
I have just burnt my hand on the oven. What should i do now?
I have run it under the cold tap for a while, wha should i do next? It not that big 2cm by 0.3cm

Jojo
Rating
go to the hospital and get it checked before it gets infected, the doctors well gave you some medicine for the burn for it to heal faster.

Brn_Eye_Grl
You could try to put some ice on it. There is an ointment you can buy called Foille that is for burns. Works really well.

s l
Rating
first off dont put it under running water. put your hand in cold water still water . in a pot or something clean free of all chemicals.
soak it add some ice if you like soak some more if a blister forms leave it be dont break a blister. dont put anything on it nothing no cream no spray no crap someone suggests.
if the burn is bad open or does form a large blister cover it loosely with sterlie gauze nothing else. then if you feel you need to see the doctor at the office. you can take asprin or tylenol if you have had them before. dont mix the two one or the other asprin or tylenol.
soak your hand as long as you want but dont be stupid and freeze your hand.
if you get tired of sitting at some pot with water in it then get a clean tea towel wrap it once around a clean bag of ice or peas or whatever as long as its clean and put that on the burn . again not directly have the cloth between you and the ice.
oh turn off the oven and order in some food.

loud_n_disorderly
Rating
Paw Paw ointment always helps.That stuff will cure just about anything!

TBONE
Never apply butter, oils, or burn ointments. They make it more difficult for the burn to heal and can actually make the burn worse because the heat can’t escape
hold the burned area under cool running water for around 10 minutes to stop the burning process. You can also use a clean towel or wash cloth moistened with cold water. However, don’t use ice or ice water because they will further damage the tissue. Do not break open the blisters, or there will be a greater risk of infection.you can place a dry, sterile gauze pad over the burn, but do not use any bandages with adhesive

misspookett
neosporin and let it hang out in the open air. If you keep it covered it will take a lot longer to heal and it will stay moist. It needs air to help it dry out and produce new skin.

drdisaia
If it is small I would just keep it moist with triple antibiotic ointment. Clean it in the sink a few times a day with an anti-bacterial soap and wait it out. If it heals within a few weeks, you will need no other treatment in most cases.

jefftechcrew2006
Do what tangshang said, she has the right idea. I only want to add that using cool water right away could not only cause more damage to the tissue but may cause shock.

fluffyflo_1999
Rating
Rub it with an aloe vera plant or lotion with aloe vera in it. keep it dry. good luck

Shannon V
i know this sounds crazy but if you have an aloe plant break a piece of it of and put the juice on the affected area it will help take the sting out as well as cut down on the scarring

gazeygoo
Rating
You should NEVER put ice on a burn since it can actually make the burn deeper. Cool water or even a cool wet cloth is best. If it is more like a sunburn then whatever you would treat a sunburn with will work. If it is blistered and peeling you need something more and any burn ointment will do. If the skin is raw cover it until it begins to heal. If it is deeper than that which it does not seem to be it needs to be seen by a physician. Again, never put ice or butter on a burn they both can trap the burn and make it worse.

patmmcgovern
Rating
depends on how bad the burn is. If it is just red, like sunburn, you did the right thing. If it is more red and starts to blister, you should cover it, no cream or ointment, don't pop it either. The cream will irritate it more, popping it will possibly start an infection.

If the skin is charred, cover it with clean fabric and see a dr. promptly. don't wrap it tightly so it won't stick to the skin.

Tigger
Cover it with aloe gel or neosporin.

Union Jack
Rating
Buy Egyptian Magic - it works wonders!

www.egyptianmagic.com

Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream "The People's Choice" is new to your market. It is a phenomenal healing balm with legendary powers due to its unique mixture of all natural ingredients derived only from living plants and organisms. Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream "The People's Choice" has been on the market since August 1991 with a solid track record, a loyal word of mouth following, and twice the healing power for half the price of conventional skin creams.

sapphire25
Rating
put butter on it. it really helps!

Fire Lt.
NO BUTTER most of what people have posted is true cool running water (standing water in a glass) will keep the infected water in contact with the burn so run cool water from a facuet then let it air dry once its dry loosly wrap some gauze over it with a burn onitment on the affected area hope this helps

gurllucky7
No big thing, just put some ointment on it and let it heal in the air. People tend to wrap it up and that just slows down the healing process. Ointment and air heal:)

mrslititia
Rating
Use burn ointment if you have it. If not and you have something like neosporin, use that. If is still stings, cover with a soft bandage ( such as a clean, old tee shirt cut into a strip and tied loosely over the burn.) Sometimes air makes burns sting.

star_gazer
Rating
MAke an ice pack. KEEp ice on it till it stops hurting.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy