Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Once an addict always an addict? once an alcholic always an alcoholic?
i have never had a substance abuse issue...i dont drink or do drugs at all...but i have friends who have or do. what is your take on this one?...

Bee stings help!?
hi, i just got stung by a very very big bee, probably around 2 cm to 3cm long, tried to kill it with a thick tissue, eventually it stung through my finger and its really really painful, i just got ...

What part has the protein, the egg white or the yolk??

Why people like coffee more than tea?
Why people like coffee more than tea?...

Do you have any tips for faster healing of skin wounds? (Scratches, cuts, etc.)?
My skin is very sensitive and scratches very easily. This, combined with the fact that I'm sort of clumsy, means that my hands are always full of red, sore scratches. Paper cuts take weeks to ...

What can cause your lower legs and ankles to swell?

What can i do?
What can i do about a bee sting? I got stung yesturday on my arm. My whole arm is swollen and it hurts real bad. I don't have any Medical Ins so if anyone knows any home remedies please let me ...

Is it healthy to drink tea daily?

I need people to vote here please on one specific answer?
what do you think the most effect that pushes teens to get malnutrition diseases?
a. our community poeple we live with
b. the modern society
c. the person himself(his low self esteem)...

Is it normal to have severe bruising after bloodwork?

What can i do to cure my ear affection?

I just swallowed my chewing gum...what should i do?

Why humans have white hair?

Pass drug tests tips?

Additional Details
I smoked some pot 30 days ago, and I have to take a drug test now, I am very casual smoker, and don't smoke cigarretts... Thanks for the ...

Why do i suddenly feel an urge to smoke after 2 months of stopping?
i am 20 years old male guy,i used to smoke for 4 years,but i stopped from 2 or 3 months now with no irritability or nervousness but only some withdrawal symptoms that passed away and i thought that ...

Can you do first aid and how old are you?
I can and I'm 13...

When you bleed. what cells rush to the wound or cut and help stop the bleeding?

Trouble sleeping?
lately, i have had trouble sleeping. i work until 10, and go to bed around midnight. i feel tired, but am so restless.some nights i wake up 2 or more times. then i usually get up around 6 or 7 the ...

I cut my finger and my blood is orange!!??
UMG

I was cutting the grass and I cut my finger off and the blood was orange like an orange!!!

Am i Iron man???!!! Plz plz HELP HALP HULP HLP HOLP HILP!!!!!
Additional D...

A doctor said I should eat more garlic, but when I do, it 'sticks' with me for the day. Any advice?
I have been told the garlic pills are worthless because the enzymes are dead, and that's where the benefit is?

I brush my teeth, gargle with mouth wash, and nothing helps. It really ...

todieisgain_121
I have a tiny peice of glass stuck in my finger. How do I get it out?
It's so small that I can't even see it. I've tried a pin and squeezing it, but it won't come out it just hurts. I cut myself while cleaning up a broken glass, so I know it's there.
Additional Details
My tweezers are too big and clumsy. I can't even see the glass, never mind be able to grab it.

Garacaius
Let a puss build up and it will pop out.

sems48
Rating
go to the doctor

Hippie of the millenium
Rating
tweezers

Tom Da Bomb
Rating
just put a bandaid over it and let your body take care if it still hurts then put 2 over it

sunshine25
Rating
Magnifying glass to locate it then use the best method to remove it depending on the size and where it is - small tweezers, pin, suction or squeezing can be good. The right medical clinic might be useful in finding and removing it - they have the magnifiers etc.

Benji Duncan
Use those little pliers for slivers. Or try soaking your finger in Epsom salt and perhaps it will come loose.

Suzanne
Rating
Soak it in salt water. This will cause the finger to swell and it might force it out. Otherwise, feel free to try all the interesting remedies everyone suggested. Who knows? If it starts to look infected and you still feel the glass in there, go see a doctor.

magu2k
Tweezer, magnifying glass, and some sort of lubricant. However, if it is that small, and it is not protruding out from the skin, it may need to be cut slightly to allow extraction. I suggest getting a doctor to do that, you should NOT try that at home unless your medically trained, which I suspect you are not. If it is small enough and isn't casuing any discomfort, leave it there, clean it good and band-aid it. It will eventually be broken down by your body's processes, and disappear.

Dave F
Rating
use a drawing salve on a band-aid------yrs. ago we used a small piece of bacon fat secured with wraped tape to draw out the splinter or glass...

undercovernudist
Rating
baby tweezers

Naway
If you are going to use a needle or tweezers please remember to sanitize them. You can use a lighter and burn the end of a needle and dip tweezers in alcohol. Hope you get it out!

MELINA
Rating
if you know its there then try to get it out with a pair of tweezers

january202
This may seem weird, but when we were kids and we got a tiny splinter in our fingers, and mom or dad could not get it out with the tweezers, they would take a small piece of bacon and place it over the splinter, then wrap it with a bandage. The next day, the splinter was out of the finger and stuck in the bacon. I swear I am not kidding about this, as strange as it may sound!

Rose
Rating
Use a tweezer.

MIKE L
try elmers glue or a piece of tape

Meli
Rating
OUCH!!

I have 2 suggestions

#1 put a piece of adhesive tape on the area where you think it is then go to bed in the morning the glass sliver should be stuck to the tape.

#2 Soak your finger in Hot water for 10-15 mins, until your finger gets all wrinkly then squeeze the area gently. When the skin around the sliver is swollen it should help to push the sliver out.

Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy