Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Blister???
My husband was digging a ditch today in our yard and he has a huge blister. Is there anything that he can do about it....

Do you smoke? What do you smoke and what kind? How often?

How do you treat a severe diaper rash?

What am i suppose to do ? i got bitten by a dog but it isnt deep should i get tetnus shot ?

Additional Details
umm he dog isnt stray ..the dog has got rabies shot so wut am i suppose to do ?...

Why can't I stop sleeping? I'm sleeping so much I'm starting to feel dead. How do I stay awake & active?
I broke my foot about 2 months ago & the doctor ordered me to stay in bed. Now my foot is much better but I am sleeping to the point where I literally can't function. What the heck is wrong ...

What will happen if you drink to much gatorade?
Um ya....wut happens? cuz i love my ...

Can I remove my stitches?
I got stitches a week ago today. There was some pusing and oozing a couple days ago but it's stopped now. I'm on antibiotics, and it looks like the new skin is starting to grow over the ...

Please give me any advice you can?
i have been throwing up so bad and cant stop i have thick mucus in the back of my throat what can i do???...

Help me!!!! I've been stabbed!?
By a pencil accidentally. I accidentally jammed my palm into a pencil tip. please give advise
Additional Details
pencils are graphite not lead. ...

What should a practitioner use to clean a minor cut?
formalin?
cresol?
isopropyl alcohol?
sodium hypoclorite?
please help!!!...

What was your most 'memorable' trip to the Emergency Room?

My friend just got stung by a wasp on his finger, it is swollen any recommendations on what he can do?

Daughter cut her hand, it has dirt in it?
My 22 month old daughter cut her hand last night while playing outside. It isn't a terrible cut, but it is on her palm. It has dirt in it, but she wouldn't let us clean it out. And, to make ...

Can your palms get sunburned?

I have a sunburn on my back it is really hard to sleep cause it hurts so much?
it is 3 am and nothing is open to go buy any sprays or creams anyone got an idea how to realeve it?
Additional Details
ha ha ha wish i could not sleep on my back if it was that easy i ...

What is the best way to remember something you read?

I burn my self?
not bad just my thumb on a candle but it hurts ive been putting ice on it for one hour.what do i do? it hurts
Additional Details
i kept it there for three seconds not ...

Spider bite on face, HELP, need swelling to be down by tommorow!?
Yesterday morning, I woke up to what thought to be a huge pimple, then as the day went on I ended up having this huge swollen lump with what looks like a pimple in the middle, and it is right below ...

Am i well?
some times ok a lot of the times I sit up and I see black spots the room spins and I half to grab hold of something or I'll fall is that normal or is it just a head rsh it cant be serious cause ...

How can I treat my finger if I smooshed it in the door?
it's getting stiff and bruised....

hatfield41
I have a large splinter in my heel. How do I get it out?
I've tried tweezers, and needlenose pliers. nothing will grip onto it. I've also cut away the skin around it, but I still can't get it out? Anybody know any tricks? It hurts like heck!

­
yeah don't wear heels, us guys hate it when you complain about how they hurt.

-
Ask your mom to burn the tip of a needle on the stove and take the splinter out for you.

thisiswhatithink
Rating
old school homemade technique - get a peice of bacon fat and use tape or a bandaid to stick it over the splinter, over night the salt should draw out the splinter -

pom_pom_girls_SUCK1
OKay get a safety pin REALLY HOT, then cut at it, what a coincidink I have one in my foot too!!

Princess
Get a lighter and a safety pin. Run some heat over the pointy part of the pin then wipe pin with alcohol. Insert pin under your skin not far enough to make your self bleed but right under the skin. Dig around the splinter until you reach the area. Next, remove the splinter. Whoola

Just Q
Rating
The glue idea sound great and one I have never thought of nor have ever seen used but in all reality it sounds like a workable solution.
Sometimes a magnifying glass,needle and tweezers are called for as suggested by some of the other people answering the question.
Sometimes just leaving the splinter alone it will fester up itself and break through the skin but you gotta be able to gut up and take the pain til it does.
Baking Soda paste or salt paste when it dries helps to draw things out but it is messy and takes time.
Try the glue thing or maybe even 2-3 coats of fingernail polish if you don't have glue. Let it dry between and after each coat and use the same method as prescribed with the glue.

Good Luck

mhiaa
Quick and easy. Elmer's glue, or whatever you have lying around. Put it on, let it dry. Peel it off, out comes the splinter. No pain!

‚ô†Dino‚ô†
my mom always used to use a needle to dig [ i know it sounds painful but it only lasts a second] the splinter out.

she would just cut open the skin around the splinter and clean the needle with alcohol and quickly take it out.

make sure you have lots of light when you do it though

just me
3 words, pull it out. and if its not sticking out then do what I do ( i kno sounds gross) Take a clean knife a just cut it out if its not too deep and if it is really deep if it doesnt hurt to bad they find theyre way out after awhile

Novel Hack
Rating
Soak your foot. WHen the skin swells, the splinter should pop out. DON"T put animal meat on your open wound, ever. Bacon fat!?! You might as well rub dog poop on there! Jeeze!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy