Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Poison Ivy!!!!!?
I used to not be able to catch it. Now I can and I want it GONE. So ineed some tips. I already kow about calamine lotion....

I can't seem to sleep at night?
I was awake almost all night last night. Why can't I sleep today I am going to drag myself around at work. This is a common thing for me lately, any hints
Additional Details
Thanks, ...

Can u get AID's from mosquitos????

How do I deal with insomnia?
I have had insomnia for over a month. IĀ“m desperate. IĀ“m taking meds and sometimes they help and sometimes they donĀ“t. Every night is like the lottery. I am going crazy. CanĀ“t function, canĀ“t ...

I got bit buy something, I believe it was a spider. The area is red , hard and raised. Do I need to see a Dr?

Should I take him to Emergency?
I have a son who is 5 years old.. and this morning he suddenly has a bruising like rash all over his ear, under his eye and on his cheek. Should I take him to Emergency?
Additional Details<...

How can u get rid of a love bite?
by the end of ...

Good Luck???
Does anyone want to wish me good luck as I have an exam tomorrow on life support and first aid and I want to be a lifeguard when I grow up and im a little nervous, im 13 and a girl! Its a lifeguard ...

Is chewing tobacco bad for me?
I do it maybe once a month or so....

Which is stronger a muscle or a bone?

How do u get krazy glue off skin?

Do stiches hurt coming out?

Why is marrijuana a gateway drug?

I have hot pepper juice under my fingernails and my fingers are burning. what can I do to relieve the burning?
i was cleaning seeds from Banana peppers with my fingers....

What to use to quit smoking?
I need something that really works....

Girls have period, what about guys, what do they have? period too?

Any bad experience with Fire Ant bites.........?
We live in central Florida. My b/f is allergic, was walking outside last nite, got bitten by fire ants. Now his feet feel like they're burning. Ouch!! That's gotta hurt....

Does any one have any tips on losing weight?

Is good idea be vegetarian?
I want to be vegetarian, but I wanna be sure if it is a good ...

What are some causes for a bloody nose?
I have never gotten a bloody nose before, but I've had a bunch just this year. I had surgery on my sinuses last march, but the first time that I got one was this January. It only bleeds on my ...

lily
I burned myself with hot glue from a hot glue gun. What do I do?
I accidentally got hot glue on a small part of my skin, but I immediately rinsed with cold water and got the glue off. A small bubble-like thing seems to have formed (I think it's called a blister?).... What should I do???
Additional Details
It has stopped hurting...

Sparx
Rating
Treatment:

First clean the blister with rubbing alcohol or antibiotic soap and water. Then sterilize a needle over a flame until the tip glows red; allow it to cool, and the puncture a small hole at the edge of the blister. Drain the fluid by applying gentle pressure. Put a bit of antibiotic ointment on the blister and cover with a bandage.

And, this treatment will work for all blisters... not just blisters on your foot.

Cali
Rating
Don't hold onto it (your first instinct) or put ice on it. It doesn't help. It needs air to heal and let the blister form. It'll be just fine try not to bump it.

James
GET A VERY VERY COLD WATER AND DUMP SOME VERY EXTREMELY COLD ICE (FROZEN TO BE EXACT) THEN PUT YOUR BURNED SMALL PART OF UR SKIN INTO IT.

Monoi
Rating
get some ice

Mike L
umm...idk, get help.

Shy
The bubble-like thing that you have at the burn site as other readers have expressed is probably a blister. A blister is sorta like nature's bandaide. Try not to pop the blister and I donot suggest covering it unless you have to.( in a particular situation, such as a job or exposing it to a danger of infection.) If your blister pops, it would probably good to cover it with a bandaide as well as using an antibiotic cream of ointment. You can get the cream or ointment with a pain reliever. The main thing is to try and keep clean. Donot touch it unless you have too. As others may have mentioned, it begins to become more red or having a nasty discharge, follow up with your doctor. You may apply ice if it is too painful,but be sure to use a barrier between the blister and the ice. Sounds like you are doing just fine. Sorry to burst your bubble, try being more aware of the way that you treat readers that gave you honest answers. Be careful where you aim your glue gun and I can tell by the answers that you received, that the readers were concerned and wanted to help you. Take care and I hope life treats you fine.

nikki
if the blister is large enough and you are ashamed of a boil of such degree..you can always buy a small top hat and cover it. you can usually find such hats at your local craft stores from the small plastic couples that go on top of cakes. if you plan on traveling any time soon...you are going to need to get it a passport (if you are traveling outside of thecountry). you can get it done at CVS. simple and easy. a new blister is usually quite shy and timid so a good idea is to bring it to your local postoffice...young blisters tend to like stamps. if your feeling charitble..you can even buy it a roll of stamps! and then put it on the blister! it will really make its day..trust me. whatever you..dont buy it a gazebo because it will get conceided. now that its stopped hurting..dunkin donuts plastic straws and mollasses will make sure it does not turn lavender.

good luck!

it's_love
it's a blister, but it'll go away in a few days/a week or two. put some neosporin on it

rinihanlon
well you were smart to put you skin in cool water and now you have a blister, well you should if you have a check-up soon you could bring it up or ask a friend who has gotten one. but what ever you do DO Not try and pop it. that will make it worse!

pullthetrigger
ooh i did that recently - it really hurts doesn't it! dunno but i'd leave the blister alone - don't burst it or anything. mine didn't blister so i was lucky. Damn hot glue!

Coope
Rating
Depends on where its at. Most places, you just need to keep it covered and clean. Sometimes it feels better to just pop it, but that all depends on where it is, and how big it is.

In other words, you'll be fine,lol.

BrownEyes1
Rating
Honestly, just take a couple of advil, tylenol for the pain, it will go away in a few days, just keep it clean, apply antibacterial ointment, they also have ointments with pain relievers in them, as long it is smaller than a postage stamp you will be just fine.

breakwhatz
Rating
seeing as the pain has stopped don't worry about it your body will heal without have to breaking the blister

Arcangel
I did the same thing...only mine was on the top of my hand. I ran it under cold water until the glue had dried. The glue peeled off and left a small blister. I didn't pop the blister for about a week, but I finally thought that it was healed and rubbed it off with an eraser (I was in 6th grade). It was fine after that. I do have a pretty wicked looking scar from it though.

Kate S
Rating
Leave the blister alone- it is a natural sterile dressing and will subside in a day or two. If it pops on its own keep the area clean and cover with a band aid. Next time you use a hot glue gun keep a glass of ice water right next to you so that you can immerse fingers or hands in it if you get a bit on your skin- it will limit the burn.

Mischele, RNā™„
Rating
Don't pop the blister at all. Just leave it alone, it'll go away in about a week or two.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy