Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Whe you pop a blister on your feet, what is that liquid that comes ojut out?

I am an alcoholic. I still want to drink so bad.?
Besides suggesting I should go to an AA meeting is there any way I can get help to stop this madness. I have already lost everything and still cannot get rid of the urge, now it seems stronger than ...

Is it bad not to wear underwear?
i stopped wearing panties back in the summer and i like not wearing them but someone told me today that it could cause an infection. does anybody know if there is any truth to that or not....

Is ADD/ADHD genetic?
My daughters father has ADHD, and i have been told it is genetic. is this true?...

My Mother ios having trouble with her pace maker for her hurt . Is it a serious thing to get replaced?

How can I quit the smoking habit living in a pro-smoker city?

What is a good at home remedy for stretch marks?

What to do with bed bug inside ear?
feel somethign crawling inside the ear then come very bad ...

Why do mosquitos bite me so frequently?
I recently moved to Thailand from America and I noticed that I attract mosquitos much more frequently than other foreigners. They will mainly bite my feet and ankles, or whatever exposed areas they ...

I just got bitten by a black widow...?
what should i do?...

How do you remove a tick that has embedded its head in your skin?
What works best on a small child? Would like to remove the head of the tick in one fell swoop....

What Are The Many Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide?

Additional Details
...And are you using it for that purpose?...

We want to learn CPR!!!!!!!?
We are in North West Florida and are looking for cheap or even better FREE CPR training. 6 people who want to learn anyone got any suggestions?????...

Wasp stings?
hiya I was stung by a little biddy wasp24hrs ago on the outside of my hand below my little finger on the fleshy part. It stuhng like hell my hand swelled up and still painful and itchy after 24hrs. Q...

Required CPR?
I personaly believe that a CPR card should be required to get a drivers license and to graduate from high school. I think this only because many people don't know CPR and there should be some ...

Finger burn?
I burnt my the tip of my index finger and thumb about 20 minutes and it hurts like heck... ive been soaking it in cold water and icing it since... is there anyway i can get the pain gone quick so i ...

When applying for public aid/(wic)program, do they REALLY check all means of income?
I am pregnant & have an appt tomorrow for public aid in IL. I'm afraid i'll get denied if i include my part-time job! In reality i can't afford having this baby=( Please answer if ...

WHY is life so mean to people that don't have alot?
is this LIFE or is it not LIFE? its not like everyone have everything they want to have. So why is life so mean to people that don't have alot?...

What's the best way to get rid of gas in the chest?

I masticate many times a day, what long-term health effects?

Dee Dee C
I burned my arm on my curling iron......?
On Monday - it's blistered in two different parts. One part busted - but the skin isn't peeling and its seeming to be doing well. The other part busted and the skin has peeled away and hurts very badly still. (it's also seeping....so I've been trying to keep it covered.)

I've been using Neosporin and a burn cream in my work's first aid kit and keeping it covered - but I can't seem to get it to heal. Do I need to leave it uncovered? I'm worried about it possibly getting infected.....

Any advise is appreciated!

♪♥ ginger spice ♥♪
For minor burns, including second-degree burns limited to an area no larger than 2 to 3 inches in diameter, take the following action:

*Cool the burn. Hold the burned area under cold running water for at least 5 minutes, or until the pain subsides. If this is impractical, immerse the burn in cold water or cool it with cold compresses. Cooling the burn reduces swelling by conducting heat away from the skin. Don't put ice on the burn.

*Cover the burn with a sterile gauze bandage. Don't use fluffy cotton, which may irritate the skin. Wrap the gauze loosely to avoid putting pressure on burned skin. Bandaging keeps air off the burned skin, reduces pain and protects blistered skin.

*Take an over-the-counter pain reliever. These include aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others). Never give aspirin to children or teenagers.

Minor burns usually heal without further treatment. They may heal with pigment changes, meaning the healed area may be a different color from the surrounding skin. Watch for signs of infection, such as increased pain, redness, fever, swelling or oozing. If infection develops, seek medical help. Avoid re-injuring or tanning if the burns are less than a year old — doing so may cause more extensive pigmentation changes. Use sunscreen on the area for at least a year.

*Caution*

>Don't use ice. Putting ice directly on a burn can cause frostbite, further damaging your skin.

>Don't break blisters. Broken blisters are vulnerable to infection.

Ruby13
It sounds like a second degree burn. That's so painful. You can cover it in a non-stick dressing specially designed for wounds like burns. I agree, you don't want it to get infected. I use lots of lavender essential oil on burns. I gave myself a second degree burn on tues on a outdoor light - it blistered right up. I use the lavender (or fresh lavender flowers in water) and aloe vera gel along with cold water immediately on all burns - i keep applying it regularly. my burns almost better. Have you seen a dr? if it's not healing it may need some heavy duty treatment. Hope you get better!

KB
Ouch. Firstly, I am not a medical professional, but I have had many burns. It needs to breath, but you also do not want it to get infected. There are antiseptic sprays that will keep it clean and won't smother it like a cream/ salve will. I would suggest using one of those sprays and keeping it covered (loosely) with a band-aid large enough to cover the burn, while letting in air. It needs to start scabbing to start healing. I would also suggest talking to a pharmacist.

Sheraton
Nah, go the alternative med way - apply Neat, if tolerable, essential oil of Lavender.

as that begins to mend it apply Aloe Vera jelly to it faithfully everyday.

mistermark
Use bacitracin, a clear anticeptic gel...and keep it uncovered "after" the seeping has stopped.

You may want to get something with a mild anesthetic as well, to limit the pain. Over the counter meds, like Motrin will also limit the pain/swelling.

dallasdixie14309
just use a bandaid and keep it clean.
dont mess with it, let it heal by itself

Sparkles
Rating
This is only Thursday. You probably will not see results until at least Saturday. Just watch for infection. You are doing all the right things to treat it. You should keep the covering on it, but make sure it is loose. I got a 3rd degree burn from a curling iron so it was deep. On the 5th day I uncovered it after treating it.

Matthew is so correct about the newer gel bandages for burns. They really help a bad burn. Silvadene is the best for burns.

beaches
Dee Dee, the most important thing to do is to keep it clean. If I were you, I would cleanse it daily with soap and water and maybe use a wash cloth to cleanse it in a circular motion from the inside of the wound to the outter edges. This will help remove the dead skin which is a breeding ground for bacteria in burns. If the skin bleeds a little that's good because it means your tissue is trying to granulate(produce new and viable tissue) Perhaps you could start backing off on the ointments and just cleanse it daily and keep it covered. If persistant or incresed pain and or swelling develop, your going to need to see a doctor.

Matthew W
It's tough without seeing it. Antibiotics aren't needed, but sometimes I give them if I think the patient will not be able to keep themselves clean. There is better cream like Silvadene that I use plus bandages especially for burns. You should go to the ER or your clinician to get these. It will take awhile to heal.

•*´`*♥Valencia♥*´`*•
Leave it uncovered this will help dry the blisters, once it start to scab, use a scar preventing cream, I had the same accident, but i caught the curling iron and burned my tummy, using this cream, no scar, a bit of discoloration, but no scar girl!

People don't realize how much a burn from a curling iron really hurts!!!!! The price we pay to look Pretty :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy