Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Qustion about sunburn please help?
i have really bad sunburn on my face and my nose is blistering and peeling. Does anyone have any sugestions on what i could do to reduce the redness and peeling. thanks a ...

What is the best thing to do for a bee sting?

I have an excruciating headache. Any ideas what could be causing this...?
I rarely get headaches, and this one is awful.

It is only on the right side of my head, and it is extending from all around my eye to my jawline. When I close my left eye, everything ...

Are you a LEFT-HANDED or a RIGHT-HANDED (in using pen for writing)---?
What causes some people to be a left-handed writer? Is it genetic?
Additional Details
My sister is right-handed, her husband is left-handed, their daughter is left-handed, their son is ...

What kind of doctor do I need to see about my knee popping out of place?
Ok, a few weeks ago I was moving furnature and I guess I was carrying too much weight because my left knee just popped out of place. My knee isn't broken or sprain or anything and when it ...

Which is better shower or bath and WHY? CHUCK :--# )?
I like taking baths and like to soak. I wash with soap several times. This taakes about a half hour. I rinse with clean water after the bath. I'm told that is like being in a sewer with all ...

Hydrogen peroxide?
I have heard hydrogen peroxide is good to put on cuts and abrasions. But I have also heard that it is damaging and not good. What's true?...

Does chewing gum if swallowed get stuck in side your body?
I heard that if you swallowed gum it would be left in your body for 10yrs before it passes through.Is this true do you know. Ive swallowed gum quite a few times and just thought about it......

What have you been stung by?
I am so scared by anything that stings....

I know someone who drinks rubbing alcohol. what can i do?

Why do I get headaches every afternoon?

Can u eat the skin of a babybel?

How much water should a person drink per day?

Whats the best way to get rid of love bites?

What's your greatest struggle in life?
Why you should even struggle at all

a. Escaping your past
b. Getting through life without it cramping your style
c. Finding people who get you
d. Dealing with all the ...

Is Your thumb a finger? is your pinkey a finger?
only bc i tink u have 9 fingers or 6 because i pinkey iz a pinkey right like a thumb is a thumb right? i know they're on your hand but.....

I cut off my litle finger and i didnt tell my mom what should i do?
ok, im 14 yo. my mom says i could get a rabbit 4 my bday if i take care of it and make it a cage, and my dad buys me the wood and says he can help. but i wanted to make it, so after skool the other ...

Hey, why do people cut themselves, other than depression or self-esteem?
why do people commit suicide? has anyone ever thought of doind it before??? why?? there's still hope for some people, now, i don't wanna preach, but there are other ways to deal with pain ...

How do I get this splinter out of my finger!!!!!!!!!!!!?
It's really really deep and tweezers and squeezing and pulling. But it really hurts please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Spider Bite? PLEASE HELP, MY DAD IS IN A LOT OF PAIN!!?
My dad discovered a bite last night on his inner thigh. This morning there were two more one right above it and one right below the original one. It is extremely red, puffy and hard and it seems to ...

JooLee
I am sunburned. Do I take a cold shower or a hot shower?

Secret Mango
its not about wheather it makes you hotter
so it doesnt really matter
which ever is more comfortable
and then use alot of moisturizer

Arthur A
Rating
cold showers will draw the heat from your body

tientienxinh
Brew some tea like Lipton tea bags and then use a cotton ball and dab it on your skin. It will take away the redness. This works for me all the time.

abster101
cold it feels niiiiice

Twist S
Rating
best thing is to take a lukewarm bath...gentle...with tea. Yes...some good old black tea...like lipton or whatever. boil some water, steep the tea bags in there and then let it cool for a bit after its made. add it into your bathwater after it has COOLED by pouring it onto the sunburn areas, lightly and gently, it shouldn't burn too much more then touching it but it helps with the healing BIG time. I used to suffer from burns all the time.

Sarah C
OH my gosh a hot shower would KILL!! Go for cold!! Try putting milk on the burn afterward to zap out some of the heat

Lucy
COLD, hot makes it sting really bad! and it cools the burn down

shambala707
Rating
go for a cold bath (as u can stay in for longer than a shower.) stay in for long as u want, make it nice and cold! Get some protein into you to help with recovery.

MRS.JONAS1
Rating
i would say cold because when i was sunburned the hot hurt bad and the cold hurt just cause of the pressure but it was better so cold! oh and after but aloe or lotion on after

mizfurrocious
Rating

take a cool shower. to hot would hurt a lot, to cold will give you a bad chill. remember that sunburn is a burn, just like a cooking burn, and you have about 30 minutes to lessen skin damage. you may want to get in and out of the shower a couple times.

WBFC 2008
Skin will continue to burn until cold water or ice is applied, so always cool down the burn first. Ice is good for most burns, but severe sunburns can only tolerate cold water.

Lavender Essential Oil is a miraculous, natural cure for sunburn. You want to be careful getting the oil onto the burn because simply touching the burn will hurt. It is best to drip it on, then spread it (using very gentle pressure) with a piece of tissue. After about a half hour or less, the pain should be gone. The pain should not return unless you jump in the shower soon after application of the oil. You may need to reapply the oil in the morning. That's it. No more pain, no blistering, AND you get to keep the color. Even those of us who are pale as ghosts won't peel.

Seaaannnn [gives good advice]
COLD. Hot would kill you! I have heard that white vinigar takes the burn out. I know that noxzema *sp* does the trick too.

Chels =]
Rating
COLD COLD COLD. it'll feel better =]] I wouldn't do it all the way cold cause that will just be really cold. I would do about medium or so. Don't do it hot cause that will just hurt! Lol.

♥Skyway Avenue♥
lukewarm

Np3oD
Rating
Def go for the cold shower and get some aloe vera...it works really well

Dew
Rating
take a luke warm shower
aloe
or lotion with aloe
wear loose clothing,Expecially to bed.

miss.priss85
Rating
R U insane?? seriously? lol.

Go for a nice cool shower - put some aloe vera on or if you don't have any try some moisturizer - to help relieve the pain I keep mine in the fridge - nice and soothing.......

Merryberry
Try luke warm to cool. If you take a hot shower you will most likely be in tears from severe pain.

DH
As backwards as this sounds, I always take a hot shower, at least for my initial shower immediately following the burn. Yes, it hurts, but for me, the hot shower helps to take the sting from the burn away. Then I spray on Solarcaine and let it air dry for a few minutes before getting dressed. The Solarcaine contains Lidocaine, which is a numbing agent used in Dental offices. Its chilling when sprayed on, but the relief is instant and lasts quite a while.

Once the initial sting from the burn is gone, cold or luke warm showers are the best. Don't forget though, natural aloe, straight from the plant itself, works great with keeping your skin hydrated and stops the peeling. If you don't have an aloe plant, the gel stuff works good too.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy