Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Marijauna- little bit good or bad? Please help!?
I have a friend who smokes only a small bit of marijauna about once every two months. It's hard to argue with him that it's wrong, because there are no ill effects, he's not addicted, ...

I'm sick! Best remedy for decongesting sinus'?
I'm going insane, I am about to poke a pencil up my nose in hopes of puncturing the wall of mucuos that will not drain out of my head!...

Im gonna pop my blister on my toe but i have no ointment to put on it after?
i was playing basketball and then i got a blister on the edge of my big toe and i popped my blisters before with a sterilized needle but i dont have anything (creams/ointments) to put on it after.

My Friend just committed suicide...?
My friend just called me from st. v's and dropped all the right hints telling me she committed suicide (which she has done before), she didn't realy want to talk about it...

What ...

What is the quickest way to get rid of swollen tonsils?
Im going on a cruise in exactly 1 week. And of course,i HAVE to get swollen tonsils that hurt. I was wondering if ther was a quick way or remedy to curing it asap. It just figures,ya know. Need help ...

Please tell me why I shouldn't smoke? I need support.?
Its been 4 months smoke free but I have been wanting a ciggerette so bad lately. Please help....

Do we fart when we sleep?

I'm suffering from dehydration, what do I do?
I have a high fever and have been getting really dehydrated lately. Drinking water has been helping, but tonight for some reason it isn't. I've had liters of water and I just pee it out as ...

Are you what you always wanted to be?
Did you follow through on your dreams? Did you imrprove yourself spiritually/physically? Are you the person you always wanted to be? Why not?...

How do you treat burns?
i burnt myself like 6 hours ago by stepping on a hair straightener! i have 3 blisters that burn really bad. i have been putting ice on it does anyone know what to do?...

Help! My Little Bbrother just got wet cement splattered in his eyes.?
We've washed out his eyes, but he says he can still feel it in his eyes. He's getting really scared, we just called the hospital and they say we have to bring him into the Emergency room. I...

How do I tell my parents that I self mutilate without them getting mad at me? I'm 13 1/2 if that helps.?
Hey I'm going to be 14 in may '06 (a few months) and I cut/self mutilate/self injure/whatever. I want to tell my parents, but I don't know how. I'm afraid they'll get mad ...

I need to have positive thinking? Any advice????

Whats the best cure for a severe head cold?
Had it for a week now and its not shifting have tried hot drink powders but ive still got it....

Best way to relieve constipation?
I am on a medication which makes me very constipated, and I'm feeling very bloated and having abdominal pain because of it. I don't want to stop the medication because it's working, ...

Do guys REALLY wash their hands EVERY time before they leave a bathroom?

Whats the weirdest thing that has ever stung or bit you?

Burned my wrist whilst cooking?
Just cooked pork chops... the fat spat and I burned the inside of my wrist. Then I made it worse by putting it under tap which shot out boiling water. I put frozen peas on it but its red and sore. D...

Should I, or should i not? pull a sicky from work tomorrow??

When do you classify someone as an Alcoholic??
How much is too much if it doesn't affect your job or family life? Just curious.....

♥Mama_Leigh♥
I always get so tired at work around 2pm. How can I stay more alert?
I get so sluggish and exhausted. I feel like I can't even type...Sometimes, I even put my head down. Can someone help one this?
Additional Details
- I sleep 7-8 hours a night.
- I am a Receptionist (data entry).

rushprnews
At lunchtime, instead of sitting down for the whole hour, try to take a brisk walk or get to the gym for a twenty- minute workout...I find that it really helps me out to move my body at noon.
Best
Ane

dominiquesbethea
Rating
get you some caffine and sweets

Rupsy
first of all don't take lot of coffee or tea ,
try to sleep well at night .
take a tough breakfast , like glass of milk , eggs, oat meal (porridge or cornflakes)
and have a average lunch ... and if u still get tired , try to relax ur muscles be small exercise or yoga earl in the morning .

oceaticbeauty
It might have to do with what you eat, drink, and do on breaks that is making you crash. If you have sugars in the morning or at lunch, those can tend to cause people to get energy, but then crash later on. I've noticed caffeine does the same to me. The more you drink, the harder the crashes.
Make sure that you are eating breakfast and lunch. Don't eat heavy foods or a lot of potein.
Bring healthy snack, such as veggies and fruits to maintain your energy.
At break time, definitely get up, walk around and get fresh air.
Drink a lot of water
Hope this helps

jbrager
Rating
Stop whining and thinking you've got it so rough. It's all mental and apparently you do not have a good work ethic. Work hard always and never let up. Perhaps you aren't working hard enough.

vic
Cocaine

dollychatz
Rating
When you feel tired, go to your private room spend 2 or 3 minutes massage your head, neck for good blood circulation and drink a big glass of water you will feel refresh again.

londonon
Perhaps this is because you have a large lunch, and all of your energy is going into metabolise it.
Make breakfast your main and you will give your body lots of energy for the day (plus have a better chance of working it off over the course of the day), and have a light lunch.

?
Rating
Unscrew a lightbulb of a lamp and lick your finger, well never mind, see a doctor.

King of Hearts
Rating
Coffee and Tea

Hit on the crack pipe.... just kidding!

try running during you lunch break... it works!

tiashmia
Rating
You can try something with caffiene or and energy drink or you can try to get more sleep. If you can, take a nap...those help

dee
Rating
get up and move around drink water and eat some fruit during the day. it works for me........

joe_reggae82
redbull.., kitkat.. have a stick..

carlaccc
Rating
Drink some ice water. Walk around the office a bit. Go to the bathroom and close your eyes for a few minutes.

megancrtr
If you've lunched on a carbs especially a load of refined white bread or spuds, rice, etc, your blood sugar rose quickly and has now crashed. Try a week with only protein and veggies for lunch, and smaller meals throughout the day, such as snack on a few nuts, dates and raisins, salads, fruits, cheese etc.
Also are you getting your Serontonin levels up? You need a bit of sunshine for this and good full spetrum light in your eyes.
Change a few of you habits to healthy habits and you will wonder at the joy of life.

Rosie Young
You are probably on a sugar crash from your lunch. After you eat, take a walk (even just back and forth through the parking lot). And look at what you're eating. Lots of carbs? Carbs aren't bad, but they can make you crash. The only solution is to eat more carbs. It's a vicious cycle.

MRJS
Back in the day, I worked at a machine shop with a bunch of hockey fanatics. We played street hockey at lunch time. The heavy-duty cardio action kept us wide awake for the rest of the day. The sweaty underwear wasn't very comfortable though!

ecstasyg83
try to go to bed at a decent hr at night depending on what time you have to get up at in the morning,also try to eat a nutrious breakfast and lunch to keep you going,also take multivitamins.if all else fails,there is good old coffee.if you are constantly tired though for no reason,i would get a checkup at the doctors cause something could be wrong with your thyroid gland or you may have a n illness

♥ Mz Diettequila ♥
Rating
Sugarfree Redbull

dennise_14
Go for a walk and splash some cold water on your face. Stretching also helps.

A few questions you should ask:
Do you sleep well? 8 full hours?
Do you eat right?

If you really need to rest, just close your eyes and take a few minutes break. It helps too.

midwaymartha
Oh--can I relate--first I have to disagree with the coffee and tea answer. Hurts more than it helps for most.

Your work environment has a lot to do with it----do you have natural light--as in a window?

If possible, take a short break right before the "sluggish hour" and go for a walk, preferably outside. Fresh air and motion stimulates blood flow, increases heart rate, heightens alertness.

I am a woman nearing middle age, that is if I live to be 100, and I have found some things that work for me.

Keep hydrated--I know this is almost trendy in the US these days, but it is so important. Doesn't have to be expensive bottled water. I freeze bottles of water and take a couple to work each day in a small cooler bag with my lunch. The ice melts through the day, I have cold, refreshing water all day, and it keeps my lunch in the bag cold. I add fressh lemon for a little extra flavor.

Eat small amounts frequently thru the day-- a good mix of protein, vegetables or fruit, and some carbs. Depending on your work situation, this may or may not be possible, but your employer may give you the okay for several short breaks over one long lunch hour if it adds to your productivity.

Do I have to say get the right amount of sleep? Too much is just as bad as not enough and can really add to that 2:00 pm drop off syndrome, experience speaking. Adjust your hours of sleep and find the right balance.

Finally (almost)--are you bored with or resenting your job?? Time for a change, that will wake things up!

Finally-(really)--check with your doctor. There are a number of physical problems that manifest themselves as fatigue.

Good luck!

MM

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy