Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I'm so irritable today.......what should I do?
I don't know why, but I'm incredibly irritable today, I'm just getting pissed off at the smallest things, I can't be bothered with anyone and the smallest noise from my flatmates ...

Why do my ears hurt when I swallow or chew something?

Additional Details
if it's an infection couldn't it just clear itself.. I hate antibiotics --...

How do you get water out of your ear after a bath?
please help its driving me McNuts!...

Please Help!!!! Ring emergency!?
I'm not kidding, I've got my mum's wedding ring stuck on my finger and it's pretty awkward..!! I've tried everything! Water, vaseline, leaving it for a while and then trying ...

How do i know if i need stitches?
my dog bit my nose and i'm not sure if i should go to the dr......

I am terrified of slugs; are there any cures?

Should I go to the E.R.?
I am having severe pains so much that it hurts to walk in my back I have taken way too much Ibuprofen already and the doc can't get me in. This hurts like heck people! HELP...

How do you get a roach out of your ear?
There is a roach stuck in my husband's ...

I think I have an ear infection. Am I going to go deaf?

Additional Details
Yeah, my doctor's office isn't open during the weekends....

How often should you wash your bed sheets??

Help, I need to know how to remove an arrow from my back!?
I was attacked by a detail of ancient Sumerians and they shot me and left me for dead but I came to and I'm alive and everything but I can't reach the arrow to pull it out. I broke the ...

How do YOU spell, "Relief"...?

I have a small injury....can someone advise?
I cut a small piece of the tip of my thumb off. It is bleeding fairly continuosly. What is the best way to stop it?...

I have cotton wool from ear bud stuck in ear?
I was cleaning my ear and the wool part came off and is stuck down my ear the misses can't get it out as we have no tweezers should I see the doctor or will it come out on its own?
It has ...

I got my period when I was 12. Now i'm 15 and my chest is still pretty much flat. Is this normal?

How to remove stiches?

Is it vinegar or lemon juice for a wasp sting?
I heard you should put one or the other on a wasp sting to neutralise it, but I can't remember which!...

I have a bite on my arm i think it was from a spider what could it be?
i woke up this morning with a medium size swollen area right next to my elbow and there was a bite mark. and white clearish puss keeps coming out even around the bite and it itches like crazy i dont ...

What do you think is the worst pain in the world?

What is the best home remedy for bug bites to stop the itching?
Mosquito, deer fly and spider bites. Just some home remedy that stops the itch and swelling....

milessumner
How much tip? I got a good massage for $60 & gave $20 tip; she wanted more, suggested I use credit card; sup?
15% is normal tip for massage. Until I began seeing Asian (Korean, Chinese) massuses I did not recieve negative feedback. It seems they are not pleased with 15% & when I question what they want/expect they do not seem to understand English but make faces and I feel cheap. The hourly rate in LA/Hollywood area is about the same as in the South Bay but the girls seem more demanding/unappreciative in the S. Bay. New places open regularly and I like to go a few times a month. A good experience can be spoiled by a bad attitude from the girl when I feel I give a generous tip.

diamond_butterfly24
I have to say that I cannot believe how rude that person was to you. I am a hairstylist, as yes, I do rely on my tips, but I could never even imagine actually asking someone for a bigger tip! The thought is just ludicrous! The word tip is a deivative of 'gratuity' meaning GRATEFUL!!! And I have to say that as much as we hate the days that tips are bad, everyone I know that is in and service industry that tipping is the norm, we are GRATEFUL for what we get, so it sounds to me like this is just a rude ungrateful person, and I would have taken my $20 back and informed them that they had just lost my business for being so tactless and rude. I would probably also let their boss know how rude they were.

brian_0_0_5
Rating
20% is the norm for tips nowedays in every normal place... never had a massage, so don't know what they expect. also if the bill was $60 and you gave a $20 tip, thats 33% tip... don't know what they are expecting!

nursesr4evr
You just gave a 33% tip. I'd find a new masseuse if she thinks thats not enough. Use a credit card, huh? She may be trying to scam you. I worked in a gas station long ago. I found 3 different ways to charge someones credit card.

MaryAnn
Rating
sounds to me that this person was being greedy! They get paid for the massage and it is your perrogative whether or not you leave a tip. It is good form to leave a tip but that is entirly up to you. If they are not happy with the tip you leave them then go elsewhere. Let them know that you can take your business some where else. Usually they want to keep thier customers.

janjan84
Did you get a "Happy Ending"?

Just kidding. $20 is definately plenty! I would suggest that the next time you go S.Bay that you ask for someone different, and tip exactly tthe same. Watch for the response. If they seem to respond all the same way then it seems that place is over demanding of tips or there are people that come in that over tip.

I live in San Diego and theres a massus school that i go to. Its really cheap. And they dont expect tips, i dont think they are allowed to get them, but i slip them a $5 and they seem happy about it.

vicky
DEPENDS IF YOU'RE A MAN OR A WOMAN, ALSO HOW BIG YOU ARE

thequestioner
Rating
$20 IS a big tip for a massage!!

bigtalltom
Rating
A 33% tip seems like more than enough. If a someone I tipped said that to me, she'd be running the risk of me taking it away.

DebEgirl
That's pretty cheeky of someone to ask for a bigger tip. A tip is a gratuity. That means it is not required. Should you give a tip? Of course! That is only fair. But 15% is fine. 20% if it was the greatest massage ever. Anything more than that, is up to you. But, seriously, I wouldn't go back to that massuese.

hermom
A $20.00 tip is more than enough. If they are that rude take your business someplace else.

C Dog
I am going to school for massage therapy and, I gotta say, if someone is in the business for the money, you need to find a new massage therapist. Think about this... I've looked around at what I could make once I finish school - on average, a MT makes 50% of whatever they do - and they make a percentage on the sale of products. So, say you pay $60 for a massage. That person is getting $30 for ONE HOUR of their time... Granted, a massage is very rewarding both for relaxation and healing - but it's still one hour. If you have a MT that makes you feel uncomfortable because of something money related... truly, you need to find a new one. To me, the relationship between a client and their MT is very intimate. I mean, what other random stranger sees you naked, even if you are covered by a sheet. So, you need to look around and find one that makes you feel totally comfortable in every aspect of the massage process - including payment! :) Hope that helps... from the point of view of the therapist.

UCSBgirl
You are supposed to tip your masseuse 20%. So $20 is MORE than enough.

seatonrsp
15% is plenty. Your $20 is more than enough. If they are not happy with your tip, find someone who is. You deserve a gracious massuse who gives good masssages. You should find a new massuse who will give you a good experience. The attitude totally spoils your experience. Instead of leaving relaxed, you end up stressed again. It is not worth it. I don't know of anyone up in LA to refer you to. I do know of a couple places in Orange County.

skybludeb
Rating
I DONT AGREE WITH VICKY..... IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT SIZE YOU ARE THAT IS A VERY SKINNY PERSON ANSWER. A 33% TIP IS QUITE ENOUGH. I WOULD HAVE ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER AND RAISED H***!

Leah_W
I think that's more than enough. I would have taken the tip back if I were you. I always go to a privately owned massage parlor where there is usually only one or two workers. I feel like I pay enough for the massage why should I have to tip too? If she does an especially good job I might give her an extra ten or something but normally I don't even tip. I hate how everyone thinks that any service needs to be tipped. These people are making more than minimum wage. The only people who need to be tipped are those who make under minimum wage or who live off their tips. No one else gets a tip from me.

Officer Me
Rating
Do you tip the cashier at the local grocery store, your car mechanic, the postman, the McDonalds workers, your local police officer, the weather man, your good neighbor, the flight attendant, your bank teller, or your parents?

lisa p
Seems to me like she's a little greedy. Orientals are known for being very shrewd business people. Money is a very big deal to them.

Hopeful
I hope you didnt give her greedy a** more $....20 was more than enough

coryshawn
Rating
You leave as much as you want. $20 seems more than enough

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy