Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Sick and cant drink or eat --throwup?
help ...

My lip piercing is swollen. Is this an infection?
I was really drunk last night and made out with some people too. My piercing is a snakebite piercing (double lower lip) and was done approximately two weeks ago.

I woke up this morning ...

What could dizzy spells with some nausea mean I'm suffering from? I feel like *****! Thanks.?
I had a few spells last week and was very sick this weekend. What could it be? I'm stumped!...

What is the longest length of time you have slept for consistently?

Help - my grammie got me with butter!?
So yeah, I kinda burned my arm while cooking Easter dinner and my grandmother came at me with butter - which I later learned is a definite no-no too Daffy, so now I have an ickie redness on my arm (...

Why do knee's crackle and shoulders pop?

Burnt scalp?
I was dying my hair tonight, and it burned at first, but then it was ok. I thought it was just the inital dye hitting the scalp. I washed it out after 30 min and blow dryed my hair. Now my scalp is ...

Why is dieting so hard to do .?
I am constantly hungry and I will lose 10lbs and gain 7lds back. Know any good diets that work. I was put on some medication and gained weight....

Ok let me ask this question to someone intelligent?
ok i did not step in dirt or in poop or walked in the mud i have dry skin on the bottome of my feet and they have have turned brown on the bottom someone told me it could be cancer is that true no ...

Best remedy for severe heartburn?

When somebody chokes, why is it that blind finger sweeps should not be performed on infants or small children?

To weed or not to weed?
So far I have avoided partaking, but everyone says it is so relaxing. So, why not?...

I got a cut on my foot and noticed a red line going up my foot. what does this mean???
i think i cut my foot on a piece of glass yesterday. So when I got up this morning i noticed a thin red line going up my foot. I have heard that this is not good. Any help would be great ...

Is cheese cake fattening?

How do u cover old scars?
yes i did cut my self but im trying 2 stop .
so do u no any way 2 cover up old scars that wont wash off in water

plezz help

thanks ahead of ...

I accidentally stabbed myself with either a pen or a pencil, what should I do?
A couple hours ago I stabbed myself underneath my fingernail with what I'm pretty sure was either a mechanical pencil or a pen (I was blindly reaching around inside my purse). It hurt a lot and ...

Remove q-tip cotton stuck in ear?
I was cleaning my ears when the cotton slipped off my Q-tip and is now in my ear canal. How can I safely remove the cotton....

What do i do if my 2 year old ate some cigar tobacco(just a bite)?

Can u guys recommend Some Medicine?
I was jumping off the Diving bourd and scraped my knee....

This is very aggravating. Can somebody help me please?
I've had this numbness and tingling in the pinky and the left side of my ring finger down to the right side of my wrist on my left hand for about a week now. Now it seems as though every day I&#...

Steph
How long should I cover a medium (not too deep, but not just a scrape) cut? Or should I let it "get air"?
I fell off my bike and stopped my fall with my right hand. I had some gravel/rock in my hand that I took out and cleaned well. I have had it covered for a good 10 hours, as it was bleeding a lot!

Charlie C
Rating
Medium cuts, I think the liquid bandage works well (as an alternative to stitches). You can buy it now at drug stores. If it is still bleeding when you remove the dressing, wash the area with soap & water, rinse well, pat dry and apply the liquid bandage. It will dissolve as the wound heals.

Yurok Warrior
Let it get air. If you are thinking it may get dirty during an activity, then dress it and keep it covered.

hopeymagoo
Rating
The purpose of the bandage is to prevent bacteria and dirt from getting into the wound. A scab is your bodies version of a bandage. Once the wound scabs over it is safe to leave it uncovered. In the meantime, wash the area twice a day with warm soapy water and a clean cloth. Apply an antibiotic ointment and redress.

Mr. Why
You really only "need" to keep it covered until the bleeding stops. But keeping it covered with a Band-Aid until the skin completely closes over top and the scab softens and falls off will help it heal faster and with a smaller scar. Great job cleaning it well! That's easy to forget to do, but forgetting leads to infection.

More important question, "Were you wearing a bike helmet?" If not, please go get one. Your head bleeds ten times more than your hand and doesn't hold Band-Aids very well. Imagine what would've happened if you'd landed differently, on your head instead of your hand! Plus... if you break your hand it can heal; no such luck if you break your brain. Please be sure you and all your friends are wearing bike helmets.

gutz4glory_911
Keep it clean. If you are doing something dirty, cover it. Otherwise let it "air out" and form a scab (sometimes covering a cut too much allows moisture to build makng scabbing difficult and letting bacteria grow).

BRiDGET <3
ouchh. uhmm neosporin..bandaid.
wait a day.
give it air.
repeat (=

The Robster
Rating
I would cover it just as long as it takes to stop bleeding or if you might get it dirty. If it has stopped bleeding, it will probably heal faster and have a less chance of getting infected if you leave it open. Letting it "get air" is a good idea because it will be too cool for an infection to occur.

Nikko penn.
Rating
once it looks as though its closed up give it air. but if it is still an open wound then keep it covered as germs and lots of little nasties may infect it. good luck.

Emily Dew
Cover it to protect it just until it scabs over. Then the scab will protect it.

Tina S
Cover it when you are out and about when the chances of more dirt and bacteria getting into the wound is greater. When your at home around the house and sleeping, let it breathe some. If there is a lot of moisture built up when you take the bandage off, keep if off for a bit and let it dry out.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy