Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I wake up after sleeping with a stiff/paralyzed arm?
This only happens on occasion, but to my right arm it takes me about 10-20 seconds to regain control in my hand, maybe its how I sleep on that side???...

What is an biopsy?
MY 7YR OLD COUSIN HAS AN SMALL LUMP UNDER HIS NECK AND HE HAS TO GET AN BIOPSY DONE I GUESS TO SEE IF ITS CANCEROUS...

What is the difference between overweight and obesity?

I burned my back with hot water and now I have a large black mark on my back. What should I put on it?

Additional Details
I burned my back on Monday, is to late to heal it. It doesn't hurt, it just that mark and the skin feels a little ...

How can I prevent a migrane from getting worse, and if I already have one, what can I do to relieve it faster?

Looking for treatment for spider bite.?

How long can you hold your pee before you lose bladder control?
Is there a standard? I used to have a teacher in high school who would not allow students to use the bathroom because he said humans can hold their pee for something like one hour before they '...

Why is when you wake up you feel so numb?

Additional Details
yes, i hate feeling so tired. lately my body hurts back pain, neck pain. anyways i think its time for chiropracter. thank u....

Are chiropracters real doctors?

Have you found a good hangover cure that performs a miracle recovery?

How do you get a shaving cut to stop bleeding?
I was shaving this morning and nicked my upper lip. It started bleeding a lot, and i kept some tissue on it for an hour. It still was bleeding a lot when I took the tissue off an hour later, but I ...

What is the average heartbeats per minute?
rapid heart ...

How to treat a chipped ankle bone,until you get to a doctor?
i hit my ankle on a corner of a desk....

What is sodium? and what does it do to your body?

My daughter has me worried ,she is 11 yrs old and her complexion is very pale and she has very dark shadows UN
ive been with her to the doctors but the doctor looked at me as if i was stupid she was very patronising with me.i thought maybe i am worrying too much until just by accident one of my work friends ...

Whats the best way to get rid of migraines?

I face planted snowboarding a week ago, i had my cell phone in my chest pocket?
I landed right on it just under my chest on the right side of my ribs and it @!#$%^ to breath in. My friends think I fractured it but I dont know....

Sawbing in the mouth method of DRUG TESTING?
my job does drug testing where they have to swab your mouth, and they send it off to a company to test it (mostly for w-e-e-d i guess cuz its the most common drug). Does anyone know how accurate they ...

Where can I find pictures of fruit,vegetables, nuts and grains?

I have trouble sleeping? Can anyone tell me of a natural sleep aid that works fast?
I sleep somewhat but wake up with aniexty when I do....

capriseyhaze
How long does it take for sunburn to stop hurting?
is there any way i can stop the pain

Grumpyoldfart
Rating
Get some Noxzema and slather it on.

Josherz
Rating
Use aloe vera, you can find it at just about any supermarket. It looks like green hair-gel. But all foolishness aside, it significantly cuts down on the burining and you should be better in no time.

Agent D
As I'm sure you've been told, aloe works well. You can also get medicated aloe with menthol or something along those lines to protect your skin against infection. How long your sunburn will hurt depends on a number of factors: the intensity of the burn, your pain threshold, the length of time your skin was exposed to the sun and how your skin reacts to the sunburn. I had a sunburn on my legs that hurt for two weeks (most likely because I didn't put on sunscreen and I have lily white skin).

The best things to do are drink lots of water to rehydrate your skin, put on aloe vera or a lotion with aloe in it (the lotion can help you keep the color if your burn turns to tan and doesn't immediately peel off), where loose fitting clothes where the burn is concerned to not cause unneccesary friction on said burn, and (if you're man enough) take a cool bath, or you can just pour cupfuls of cool water over your skin to cool it down. If these don't work well enough for you over the next few days, try using some burn cream to alleviate the pain and the possiblity of infection.

As a survivor of severe sunburn, I can assure you these techniques will work.

rjr
Check this site ... http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_sunb.htm

Candii JoJo is a groovy chick.
vinigar will nuteralize the burn...mustard is vinigar based, so if that's all you have you can use it , too. keep pouring it on the pain will subside soon

i love my garden
In the kitchen find white vinegar and dab it on the burn. Also raw tomato is good in taking away the sting of sunburn. Aloe Vera plant is another thing that could be used. I wouldn't do them all together. Try out the tomato first. Remember you are burnt and burns are very painful. cold water on a face washer can give relief too. Tkes about 3 days for the burn pain to go.

gordon l
Yes, you can stop the pain. They make after-sun burn gel specifically for sunburns and it works quite well. The main ingredient is just aloe, so really any skin moisturizer should work. Also drink plenty of water.

If you use the after-sun gel immediately after sun exposure your burn will go away within a day or day and a half; untreated it could take up to three and will peel within a week, depending on the severity of the burn (moisturizing will also prevent peeling).

maria d
Rating
u cant really stop the pain, but u can treat it. apply some cool water in the burnt areas, and also u can try lotion.

beez
Get into a tub of water as hot as you can stand it. Lie down if burn is on back. It will hurt for a bit but that's the end of the sunburn, truly.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy