Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How long do you have to be off birth control to have a baby when your ready?

What can i do when i have chills every five minutes?

Would you drink camels milk?
The milk from a camel is 15 times more nutritous than cows milk and lasts a lot longer, too. Would you drink it??...

Help, my earring is stuck!?
Well I just got my ear peireced and its already been 4 weeks since I got it peireced, so it's ready to be taken out... But when I try and take it out it wont budge... I even got my mum to pull ...

I just tore my toenail completely off! Help! What is the best first aid approach?

What is the best cure for chicken pox?

I am 28 yrs woman and weigh 230 pounds(105kgs). How much workout should I do/day to reduce my weight to 60kgs.
I am also allergic to eating raw vegetables and fruits. Alternately I can eat cooked vegetables and drink fruit juices (strange though). I am 5ft 4 inches tall. Please suggest me the best method to ...

Does anyone ever eat raw eggs?
What does it do for you?...

My first aide kit is 6 years old and was wondering if I should buy a new one or can I still use my old F.A.?
I am going to go to Seoul Korea in two week and I want to take my first aide kit but it is 6 years old and I never use it but I am glad I did not have to use it. it is best to buy a new first aide ...

What are some poison ivy home remedies?
I didn't know I was allergic to poison ivy, but I got it. I thought it was a mosquito bite, but it got worse. I tried hot water, rubbing alcahol, calamine lotion, Ivarest lotion, and a cold ...

Is it ok to put hydrogen peroxide in your ears?
I have a bad ear infection so can I pour hydrogen peroxide in? My mom isn't home otherwise I would ask her sorry if this is a stupid ...

What is the best solution for excessive perspiration?

What does carpal tunnel sydrome feel like?

Hi all, I have been stung by a wasp while sleep. I have not been able to take out the sting , but is applying?
gel(benadryl), however noticed the area affected is becoming bigger and bigger(swollen) and bit wider in area. What does that mean? thanks....

What's wrong with my ear?
I got in clogged with water a few years ago and now I can barely hear out of it. Whats wrong with it and can I try anything to clean it?
Additional Details
Also, there has always been ...

What is Vitamin E GOOD FOR?

My stomac hurts but my parents are not home. what do i do?

I have eeerything i could ask for and am so depressed for who knows what, how can i cheer up and live life now
i am always so tired and stressed, i have the perfect life but am just in a slum mood where i just am blaaa help ...

Why dont humans have hair on their palms?

Any ideas on making nausea calm down?

swishyvt
How long does it take for blisters to appear on a burn?
I just burned my arm with hot water and I'm trying to figure out if it's 1st or 2nd degree. It's been about 2 hours and it's red and slightly swollen right now.
Additional Details
The blisters showed up five or six hours after the burn. I've kept it wrapped and apply aloe twice a day. I feels a lot better now. Thanks everyone.

AngieBaby
Rating
Blisters would have already formed by now I believe so it's probably just a 1st degree burn. I'd apply some Neosporin anyway just to keep the burning sensation down.

michele d
Rating
Depends on severity. Could be days. Important! Run cold water over your burn ASAP. Use a cold compress, I'd wrap the cold compress with a wet cool hand towel or cloth for the size of the burn first. "Do not" use "butter" on a burn! See a Doctor he can prescribe Silvadene Cream which is used to treat burns!

If your burn blisters, you "do not" want them to become infected or scab, see a Doctor for Silvadene Cream and proper care.

gousa1991
Rating
it can take a few hours cuz i burned my finger last night on hot glue around 7 oclock n it started to get a blister around 10ish.
if its red n swollen is prob. a 2nd degree burn

ReReBaby
Rating
I think that maybe if it is a second degree that you should probably already have a blister.

Muffett :
If you applied a cooling agent such as water to it, it may not blister. This of course depends on how long the hot water was on the skin to burn it. If it has been 2 hrs and it is only swollen and red you probably have first degree burn. Keep the area clean and wrapped. If the burn was worse you would have had blisters after 2 hrs.

Shutterbug
Rating
2nd degree burns may or may not produce blisters. Check out this website for more information.

http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz/Atoz/common/standard/transform.jsp?requestURI=/healthatoz/Atoz/ency/burns.jsp

Ruby
sounds like a 1st degree. blisters may not appear. just use cold water, ice pack, and an antibiotic like Neosporin

emt_me911
Rating
Blisters can take a few hours or a few days to appear. Scald burns are often 2nd degree. I suggest you see a doctor. A doctor can prescribe silver sulfadiazine cream ointment. This will make the burn feel much better. I do not advise the use of aloe or other lotions as they are not sterile. Keep the burn flushed with cold water. If the burn surface area is larger than the palm of your hand, I urge you to see a doctor as burn this size or larger can easily become infected. You will need to get some sterile gauze and sterile water from a drugstore. Place the gauze on the burn and wet it with the sterile water. Wrap loosely in a clean towel and go to your doctor or to an ER.

ramjet
1st degree.
2nd would have a blister showing within the hour.

run COOL water over your burn for as long as you can stand it - the pain will disappear within an hour or so.

Marilyn B
Rating
It reads as if this is a 1st degree burn since it was caused by hot (not boiling) water, the area is red and painful but not blistered. The best thing to do is to continue to run cold water over your arm or use a cold compress, and DON'T use ice or ice water. Avoid putting any ointment on the area, for now. An oily oinment will only prevent heat from escaping and drive the burn deeper into the skin. Leave your arm exposed to the air to promote healing. Starting 24 hours after you have burned yourself, wash your injury gently with soap and water or a mild Betadine solution once per day. Then bandage the area with a light gauze or other sterile bandage, and keep dry and clean between washings. Two to three days later, then you can apply a soothing, over-the-counter anti-bacterial ointment that contains aloe and Vitamin E. Aspirin, acetaminophen (Tylenol), or ibuprofen (Advil) may be taken to ease pain and relieve inflammation.

drdisaia
If it is either too deep (3rd degree= all the way through the skin) or too superficial (1st degree=not into dermis,) you might not have blisters. Blistering can take a day or two to start showing. 2nd degree burns also vary in severity, but tend to have blisters form.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, December 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy