Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How do you get a bee sting to stop itching

Burnt fingers??
i was moving a iron and i thought it was off cause no one was using it for a while but when i touched it it was hot... i have tried everything to help my burns:
-mustard
-aloe
-cold ...

How do you get a "bubble" out of your ear?
I've had this so to speak "bubble" in my ear for about 3 days. I have tried a few things. If you have ANY idea how to get rid of it please share! It makes it very hard for me to hear ...

How should i cure my sunburnt liips?
My lips are swollen, and they have blisters... what should i use on them?...

What's worse. Anticipating pain or pain itself?

I have a large splinter in my heel. How do I get it out?
I've tried tweezers, and needlenose pliers. nothing will grip onto it. I've also cut away the skin around it, but I still can't get it out? Anybody know any tricks? It hurts like heck!...

How can i prevent a scar?
I was playing a soccer game about a week ago, and some girl missed the ball, and kicked my shin, and for some reason, my shin guard broke, and the plastic part went into my leg. Well I'm glad it&...

I've been having a discomfort below the bottom of my left rib, what could it be?

Additional Details
could it be from constipation?...

I bite my nails, any sugestions on how to stop???

How can I improve my eyesight ???
I have a power of almost -9 Dioptres, actually more. Can't go in for LASIK (LASER) as my power hasn't been steady for the past few years. Is there anything which someone out there has tried ...

I have a problem of going to bed too late, what should I do?
I go to bed really late every night because instead of doing homework, I find some distraction like TV or computer. I stay up unnecessarily late, and end up extremely tired and feeling horrible every ...

Hey guys, what is the big deal about swallowing??

Can someone help me????
A very small particle of plastic glass has stuck into my throat...can someone help me get rid of this...it's really irritating me?? please help!!!...

Has anyone's LIPS been sunburnt?
what did you do for the pain?...

What is the best thing to put on a severe sunburn?
I`m cooked and in pain for the 3rd day now. HELP!!!!...

Can you bite your own toe nails?

Blister???
My husband was digging a ditch today in our yard and he has a huge blister. Is there anything that he can do about it....

Do you smoke? What do you smoke and what kind? How often?

How do you treat a severe diaper rash?

What am i suppose to do ? i got bitten by a dog but it isnt deep should i get tetnus shot ?

Additional Details
umm he dog isnt stray ..the dog has got rabies shot so wut am i suppose to do ?...

DREA D
How long do i have to wait before I can take out my stitches?
my cut is healing fine, and looks like it has already sealed up. but how long do i have to wait to take them out? My cut itches so bad and I am so ready to take them out. I got them put in 1 week ago. is it too early to take them out?
Additional Details
the cut is on my forearm, and about 3 inches long. It only took 10 stitches.

T H
Rating
You should look over your discharge instructions to determine when the correct time is to have the stitches taken out. It all depends on the location of the cut. If it is on the face, then the less time the stitches are in, the better. But there are a lot of factors involved. Where is the cut?

David C
I had surgery recently and they left them in about two weeks.
Why not phone the hospital and ask?

Muschi
Rating
One week should be ok, I took mine out after one week. My sure you snip the loop first. Do not tear or you'll have a scar.

graybear
Two weeks is standard.

SusiQ
Rating
Your doctor should have given you a return appt. to remove stitches. You shouldn't do it yourself.

kelly a
Rating
yes wait one more week and that way it is surely healed and u will be able to remove them with no problems..

Mermaid
It depends on the wound. Minor surgery stitches can be removed in 5 days. Normal surgery stitches abt 7 days. Major ones take abt 10 days. Some stitches will just resolve and fall off without having the need to remove. I dun think your doctor is that ridiculous not to have given you a date to have them removed instead of asking you to do it yourself. It is best for you to call the hospital for an appt or walk-in. Dont keep it too long, it may get infected too.

beaches
Rating
In general, 7-10 days is the amount of time for sutures. If it is itching and the sutures are clean and dry, then it's probably time to remove them.

hotdogsarefree
Rating
generally /7-10 days/what does /your discharge /papers say/

Manda
What type of stitches? Some disolve and dont need removal

inkeddoc
normally you wait 7-10 days. If you are going to take them out yourself becareful. If the laceration is completly healed than you can "rip it open" by taking the sutures out to early.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy