Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Dear Yahoo!?
Does eating chocolate or greasy foods get you pimples and blackheads?

C...

Can someone recommend a sunscreen for a 1.5 year old? Thanks!?

Paper Cuts?
Where on the body?
How severe a cut was it?...

How can some vegetarian become fat?

I've had a cold for about a week and the inside of my ears are hurting tremendiously! how can i make them stop

Help!! whats happening to me?
Lately i've noticed that i have trouble focusing on people's eyes when i talk to them. I feel like i'm cross eyed. It has become quite embaressing. People must think i'm rude coz ...

What are some of your flaws?

Is it true that when you break a bone and it heals, it is stronger than it was before?
Say, a collar bone for instance....

What can you do for a persistant "crick" in the neck?
any remedies or drugs?...

What could I take today to keep from feeling sick since I spilled my methadone dose this morning?

Is it wrong if ur 3&2 yr old to eat 12 weat bix 2 pecies of toast & stiil b hungry.or r they just growin.?
how many do u do!!!!...

What are the side effects of chromium picolinate?

Breast Reduction Surgery??? Anyone?? GIRLS ONLY!!?
Did anyone have a breast reduction surgery??? Do you think you will have side effects in the future? Did the surgery help minimize your problem?? Tell me all you know about breast reduction, please......

Why am I afraid of making phone calls?

What is the best way to beat the Summer heat ?

What is the best thing to do for a tooth ache in the middle of the night, and all you have is aspirins?

Is somthing wrong with me ?
i really want a ...baby. i know it sounds crazy but i cant help it ... im 13 ...how do i STOP this fealing ?...

What is the cause of low iron in your blood?

What should I do?
I have been really stressed out lately. I am working full time and going to school full time. I have a horse and 3 dogs and 2 kids ages 6 and 4. Lately I have been so tired but I get enough sleep. P...

Wee wee in the pool, is it really that bad?
I get yelled at all the time by my wife cuz i go pee pee in our pool. She says I should think about our kids who swim there, and about hygiene, and yada yada yada, a bunch of other stuff, i usually ...

remmus2k
How do you treat a puncture wound to the vein?
My sister was giving the cat a bath but he scratched her deeply and it shows as deep blue. Its to the vein and im a bit worried, she applied peroxide but im not sure if thats enough. Its not bleeding but it looks deep and she said one could die from a vain infection.

Mr. Why
Rating
You do not need to go to the ER pronto. Get some sleep and make an appointment to see your doctor in the morning. You don't get sepsis (a blood infection) that fast. Or, if you do, then you're sick all over from it with fever, chills, seats, etc. However, from a medical perspective, cats are "dirty" animals in that they can casue several different types of infection. One germ, called Bartonella, is responsible for "Cat Scratch Disease."

Please see http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/healthy/firstaid/bites/024.html
for more information on this and all your other first aid needs

Also, do be all of you get your tetanus shots every 10 years as any cut from any source can lead to tetanus. Tetanus is nearly alwasy fatal, but esaily prevented with routine immunization.

shity
go to the emergency room

cause if the vein get infected the blood gets infected and the blood would travel around the body getting other cells infected

plumblossom_inc
Rating
go to the ER pronto!

Demetrio9000
Put pressure on the vain with clean cloth for 15 minutes ...then check if bleeding stops .(DON'T CHECK before 15 minutes are up or bleeding will not stop)..if bleeding slows down but does not stop try for another 15 ...if after 45 minutes (3 tries ) it does not stop bleeding seek medical attention .If in 1st try it did not slow down the bleeding seek medical attention

DAVID W
If the puncture is into the vein this could be serious as she may get phlebitis and she needs to see her doctor without delay as cats carry several bugs that are harmful to humans

nendlin
Rating
to be on the safe side phone casualty,cats nails after all traipse in the mud and into litter trays,clean it well with boiled water and a pinch or salt left to cool.

emt_mom_of_2
OK boil it with peroxide and add a triple antibiotic ointment to it. When I say boil it I mean spend 20 mins slowly pouring peroxide over the wound. If it's not bleeding and her arm isn't swelling then I wouldn't worry to much about it. Also take a black sharpie and outline the wound or the red area around the wound. On a piece of paper right down what time you drew the line. Check the line in an hour to see if the red area has went outside the area that you drew. If so then I would go have it checked at the local ER or wait a couple hours and call her regular doctor. Either way if you decide to follow my advice or go it checked like other people have advised best of luck to you. She needs to follow her gut on this. If for any reason she starts having trouble breathing CALL 911

spongebob squarepants
Rating
if the puncture wound was from a claw, don't worry. Wash it, apply pressure to control the bleeding and maybe put a bit of neosporin on it (to help prevent infection).

If the bite was from the cat's mouth, then go to the emergency room. There is a bacteria that grows specifically in cat's mouths (I forget what it's called) but it can spread and become pretty nasty. I work as an emergency room nurse, and we've actually admitted patients to the hospital for cat bites (although these are usually people who wait a few days before going to the emregency room).

Oh, and speaking as an emergency room nurse, make sure your sister's tetanus shot is up to date!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy