Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

When was the last time you made a funny face in the mirror?

How can i get rid of hickups?

Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab?
I desperately need help. I dont want to do it no more, and I cant seem to stop this stuff.. Im asking this because I dont want to move onto another drug....

How to make a finger skin heal faster?
It's my index finger. I want it to heal in a week by next friday how can I make it heal faster. Thanks. Its the back part the part u use to type with....

What do you do to a stiff neck?

What is vertigo?

Old people?
can't they just die. they're hogging everything from us gen-xers. the world would be a better place if nobody lived past 50....

My 15 year old nephew has an eye stye, what can we do to treat it?

Additional Details
How long does it take to go away?...

Tell me something about HIPAA?

Why do mosquito bites hurt??
I was getting bit my mosquitos so I decided to let one land on my hand. I watched it for a while and it inserted its stinger and I didnt feel it at all. I watched him fill with blood and then he took ...

Whats a flee bite?

What do you think I have?
So I went to the dr yesterday and my temp was 101.1 when I was there. My highest today was like 101.8 I believe, but it normally goes down when I take a fever reducer. I was tested for mono but the ...

Why do people itch when they have a bug bite?

My daughters finger nail is yellowish and is falling off?

Mosquito bites!!!!?
i just got 17 mosquito bites! 12 on my right leg, 3 on my left leg, and 2 on my arm! there are driving me crazy!! wats the best way to get them to heal faster and wats the best stff to take or put on ...

My daughter has an ant like bite on her wrist but it its swolen very large and puffy what could it be?

Home remedies for burns?
my friend IMd me and said they burnt themself trying to make tea. haha

they live in a dorm room, so options are limited.

any ideas?...

What should I do to relieve stress?

Would like to know how to quit smoking safely and successfully?

I got bit by a spider. It is on my stomach and it looks like a bump. It was solid black until I put some?
medicine on it and now its black on the tip of it and the rest is red. I havent had any problems it just hurts and its been on my body for like a week or two. My question is what kind of spider did i ...

Morgan T
How do you tape a pulled muscle in the ribs?
I was kayaking at lake tahoe and we tipped over and i pulled a muscle located in my ribcage. it hurts everytime i breathe in, cough, sneeze or anything that inflates my lungs. i have a soccer tournament this weekend and I need to know how to tape the injury just to limit the motion and make it easier to move around and play. any suggestions on websites to look at or ways of taping?
Additional Details
thank you so much i will try it this weekend!

phattissimo
Rating
OMG it hurts really badly!! make sure its not broken! someitmes a fracture can take over a week to show up in an x-ray, but for a rib there's nothing to be done, anyway. My mother in law recently had three ribs broken...she used the ace bandage approach. it helps to have someone assist you, but make sure they are gentle!

AverageMom
Rating
The only thing I would add to the other answers is not keeping it taped all the time. By keeping it taped continually, this can inhibit your lung's capability to to expand and contract to its full capacity which could lead to a possible lung infection. So if you're at home, leave it untaped. You should really refrain from any sports-like activities for the next couple of weeks or until it feels better but if you insist on playing then it's okay to wrap it with a 6" ace wrap just tight enough for support but not so tight that your breathing is strained.

cmeand3
I agree with Annie.
How scary the "medically trained" are telling you to go ahead and wrap it and go play soccer.Of course there is no way you might actually fall down during the game and completely BREAK a rib or completely TEAR a muscle that might only be strained right now.
A torn muscle in your chest will hurt a hell of a lot worse than you do right now.
But you go enjoy your game and don't listen to your body telling you to slow down and let it heal properly.What does it know?

navyhm1983
YOU DON'T !!!

Taping ribs is a great way to cause pneumonia !!! Doctors quit doing that years and years ago !!!

chick a dee
OKAY, II just read all the answers and I am scared! I wonder about the doctor and the medical assistant. I would think that they would first recommend you go to the DOCTOR and get an XRAY. If your rib is broken and you participate in sports before it is healed properly. it could completely fracture and puncture a lung. Then you would be up the creek without a paddle.

fireman_sam
Rating
Your playing soccer so u'l be twisting at the hips and jumping alot,i reccomend useing a a bandage tape that sticks to your skin, making a continuest strip from your back around your stomach and the ribs,up your back and over your shoulder,do it until the tape runs out. Lol,its still going to hurt tho,but not as much

swim_coach_tracie
So did you play?? Don't try to be a hero. You can do more damage. Let it heal, take a break. You should probually get it checked out though expecially if it stillis unbearable.

moon and starz
Rating
I sugguest not playing, but if you must...wrap an ace bandage very tightly around your ribs . Start right under your armpits. End the wrap at the bottom of your rib cage. Make sure that you don't wrap it too tightly to where you can't breathe, but it must be tight to limit mobility.

foxyfoxyg
Oh for crying out loud get some rest and lay down. You will do a much worse injury even if you find out how to tape it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy