Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How do i stop really bad bloody nose?

I have two little wooden splinters in my index finger and i refuse to let my mom use a needle any suggestions?
when ever my mom uses a needle i start crying and ...

Is cocaine ever used during sinus surgery? they found cocaine in my blood and i do not use it. ??
i had surgery on my spenoid sinus two days ago. i woke up this morning (4-22-06) and was told by my surgeon to go the the ER. i went and they found cocaine in my system. i *never* use cocaine. i don&#...

Should this guy I know go to the emergency room?
My friend stepped on a piece from a broken plate. It's not very big and he didn't think he needed stitches. It's been a couple of days and it was bleeding every time he put pressure on ...

I recently smoked pot about 5 times but it's been 6 weeks since I took a hit. Will I be ok for a urine test?
I've been doing a lot of sauna and steam rooms and taking a liver detoxifier. I'm skinny and in good shape. I was hoping my healthy lifestyle would also help me pass the test.

A...

What's good for a leprechaun bite?

How long does one have Mono for?

Can someone give advice my friend has food poison.. Anything she can take to feel litle better? ANSWERS ASAP?

HELP i got my foot stuck in a toilet how do i get it out?
well i was just walking into my bathroom and i fell and now i cant get it out i am on my laptop help!!!!!!!!!!!
Additional Details
i am still ...

If a Cobra bit it's tongue, would it die?

How can i maintain myself without getting fat.?

Life is too short to...?
(Finish that sentence)I say...hold grudges....

Why do people take weed?
those things are really bad for health.why take it when you know it's not good for your body and ...

I have a piece of paper stuck in my ear, what should I do?
Help, it hurts, shoul I go to the doctor!...

How to get relieved from strain?

Is it okey to go to tanning beds if you are on your period?

Burn on my finger?
i burnt my finger on a gauze in science (http://www.thesciencefai and now i have a scorch mark on my finger and a zig zag pattern has implanted ...

Do Multi-Vitamins Really Work?
Word is the pill and everything with it goes right through you, being ejected by urination....

The inside of my ear is itchy? PLEASE HELP!!!?
just lately the inside of my left ear has been kinda itchy. idk if its the hair around my ear or what. pls help!...

Pain killer, my back is aching so much?
Why me having so much back pain, I idea have no about back pain, I no able to sleep or sit,I keep changing my sit way ,no treatment is ever effective.
no spinal cord injury! what could be the ...

losermagnetgrl
How do you dry up poison ivy or poison oak? please help?

DUHLAiNE‚ô•
Rating
OH MY. i'M GUESSiNG YOU HAVE POiSiN iVY OR POiSiN OAK. i'M NOT GOiNG TO LiE, YEAH THEY BOTH ARE SO UNFORTABLE AND iTCHY. WELL i AM SO ALLEGiC TO BOTH OF THEM, EVEN iF iM WiTHiN A TEN FOOT RADiUS OF EiTHER OF THEM, i'LL GET iT. iT STiNKS!! WHENEVER i GET iT THOUGH, i GO TO THE DOCTOR AND i GET PiLLS. THEY HELP SO MUCH. YOU TAKE iT FOR 7 DAYS. THE FiRST DAY YOU TAKE 7 PiLLS, 2ND DAY YOU TAKE 6 PiLLS, AND ETC. (EACH DAY iT GOES DOWN ONE PiLL.) iF YOU LiKE THiS iDEA, PLEASE TELL ME AND i'LL TRY TO FiND OUT THE MEDiCiNES NAME.

butwhatdoiknow
Rating
i don't really know about poison oak, but i imagine it's the same as poison ivy: you can either take antihistamines which i think are supposed to help (but might make you tired), go to your doctor (if it's really bad) and have them prescribe a mild steroid that will dry it out, or you could pop the blisters if there aren't a ton(sorry, i know it's gross) and dry out the liquid..
poison ivy doesn't spread from one outbreak on your body to another, so the last option won't spread it or anything..
i hope that helps
oh, and calamine lotion helps with itching...

kellycarp29
Rating
this is what my husband does and he swears by it_take a brillo or scrubby pad and scrub the area till it opens then pour clorox bleach on it_it will hurt and is painful but it saves him from going to the doctors and goes away the next day

shoe2222
I generally put cooked oatmeal (just make sure it not too hot for your skin) over the rash. It dries up the ivy or oak. Hope this helps. Good luck.

The Archive
http://www.ivydry.com

Avoid using the Ivy or Oak as natural toilet paper.

klit7127
Rating
Are you going to die if we don't tell you? Calamine lotion.

cynthiabonacasa
Rating
Vinegar kills the stinging, and oatmeal.
Bath in the vinegar, and then in an old stocking, or thin sock, put about a cup of oatmeal, uncooked. Then, in the bath water(which should be really hot!) get the oatmeal sock wet, and mash it until a creamy paste come out, and rub that on the area. It helps SOOOO much! Hope this helps!

-Cin

steve_erickson86
Rating
GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET A SHOT/ ALSO THEY GIVE STEROID PILLS NOW WHICH SPEEDS UP THE HEALING/ THERE IS A WASH CALLED TEC-NU YOU CAN GET AT YOUR PHARMACY IT HELPS REMOVE THE OILS FROM THE SKIN/ AND I T REALLY HELPS WITH THE ITCHING/ DONT TAKE HOT SHOWERS IT MAKES YOUR PORES OPEN UP AND CAN CAUSE MORE SPREADING/ CALAMINE LOTION WILL HELP WITH THE ITCHING

my2girls44260
Rating
Try calamine lotion or go to your doctor and they will give you steroid pills. It's the kind where you take so many pills a day and each day you decrease your doseage. They are for 7 days.

jibbers4204
Rating
calamine lotion

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy