Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Is it normal to have no feelings?
I feel as though you have no feelings for others like 75% of the time? I am feeling very lost and i dont know why.
Am i bi polar?
Additional Details
and i dont have feelings for ...

Should nurses put on gloves to take stiches out on a patient?

Whats the best thing for a mosquito bite?
Having a few drinks in the garden last night and was bitten 3 times on the leg. I didn't feel it at the time but now leg swollen OUCH!! I've taken piriton but still driving me mad and its ...

Are you a good eater?
do you eat right plz answer this question by saying never always sometimes maybe
thank you for you ...

Really bad burn!!!?
I burned my hand today on a weld. and it's a Huge blister now how do i go about popping this thing what should I use?...

Please help. Urgent response/s needed. What am I to do?
I am suspecting that my one-year-old son has diarrhea. He had been vomiting and having LBM (loose bowel movement), but I also noticed that his gums are swollen. Could it be the reson why he was sick? ...

What's ICU?

What romoves super glue from fingers?

Have you ever stapled yourself?
And what happened and why did you do it?...

My Mom Is Taking Me To The Doctor Tomorrow To Get Shots! 3!!! Help or Advice please?
Please give me some tips/advice or help! I can't calm down when I get them! It hurts soooooooo bad. I usually end up having about 3 nurses hold me down! x______x

Give me some tips to ...

Why don't I ever get any sleep?
I'm tired, just can't sleep....

Have you ever been stung by a bee?
I have never been stung by a bee, and believe its time! I was wondering if i am the only ...

What's the quickest way to get rid of a bad sunburn?
I got burned while working outside and i need to get rid of the redness quick along with the pain....

I am going deaf in one ear can anyone recommend a good optician?

How do you stop feeling like crap?
I have given up everything. I prayed. I tried not to worry. I'm not working and I haven't been for five months. I'm tired all the time but I can't sleep. Everything is in my grasp ...

How should I handle this situation?????????? My son was beat up by a gang of boys?
My 13 yr. old son was beat up by about 6 boys ranging in age between 14-18. I called the police and they talked to the boys, but said there really wasn't alot they could do. My son doesn't ...

Would you eat a human to stay alive?
So you're stranded, trapped, whatever and you know help will not arrive in the next two weeks. However, a member of your group just had a heart attack and since the weather is so cold you can ...

Has anyone ever heard of using super glue instead of getting stiches???

What's a good way to help heal a sunburn?
I know Aloe is good but is there anything else? Here afew weeks ago I went to the pool and din't put sunblock on. I ended up with an awful burn, 2nd degree. Yesterday I also went to the pool. My ...

URGENT help please?
I just got bitten accidently by the dog i rescued, its not deep, but is bleeding a lot. its on a finger - ive had a tetnus three years ago, would i still need another, and what should i do?...

wandering
How do I stop the burning from a burn to my fingers?
I was cooking and liftef the lid and got burnt on my fingers from the stem.The burning hurts and I need relief any ideas on some home remedies to stop the burning.The burn does not need medical attention its just a minor burn.

SusanS, Incognito
As quick as I get a burn when cooking, I run my hand under cold water. I think it takes the burny out and lessens the chance of blister. I have no scientific basis for this,but it works for me.

Sharon B
Rating
Put your finger on an ice pack or a package of frozen vegetables for about 15 minutes.

speedemon6999
I have always used pure Aloe and that has worked amazingly well.

mrcricket1932
Just find a glass and fill it with cold water.. something you can carry around with you. Keep your fingers emersed.. when you take them out you will find out they still burn as intensely but, you can function and continue your daily chores.

Trapz
Rating
Run cold water on your burn. You may also apply an ice pack on the burn to ease the swelling. Applying toothpaste may cause inflammation to the burn.

Not a Daddys Girl
Now don't laugh cause this really, honestly works.
I got a really bad burn covering my in tire palm of my hand and fingers.
I was told to put regular yellow mustard all over thin coat and let it dry..and I did and my burns didn't blister or anything.
I felt silly while I was letting it dry but it really worked.
That and you could always use Aloe Vera, liquid, burn spray...
and cold water....
But try the mustard really .
I also used the mustard on my sons hand when he burned himself, it really does work.

dsmith68111
Rating
run cold water on it for a couple of seconds that will cool it down some

windyctlvr
if you Are burned and go to the hospital they will try to cool your burn so cool it w/ ice water frozen peas 15 min on 15 min off cocoa butter is way old remedy

Dana
I burned my finger on a hot pizza pan...i took a wet tea bag on it and it went away

Capt
Aloe is the best....butter also works but by now its likly too late....both need to be put on immediately.
With due respect to "mr 1st aid below" we're not speaking of third nor second degree burns here, and the advice is what to do for immediate relief...not prolonged treatment. Butter, as you see some others advise is just fine for 1st degree burns to try and stop the pain. IF it is more serious...2nd and third degree like scalding water or large portions of skin SEEK ONLY Hospital Emergency Room help FAST!

Every household should have an Aloe Vera plant. The properties of snapping off the end of a leaf and applying the ointment are such that often you will not even blister. It happens to be one of those folk remedies which not only work but works remarkably well.

1GR8MOM
Rest, Ice, Elevate

Wajiha
toothpaste white its my personal exp

oklatom
Keep the affected part under cold water until the burning sensation stops.

Addendum: NEVER put butter on a burn, or any thing else which will coat it and keep the burn 'in'. Cold water, immediately, for as long as it takes.

fonzie1956
Rating
RUN COLD WATER OVER YOUR FINGER

cmhurley64
Rating
aloe vera on them
baking soda

renegadesail
Make a pulp out of raw potato, it will stop the burning fast Better than anything you can find.

kookybockers
Rating
vaseline,bacitraction or that spray that numbs&cleanses at the same time

Genevieve
Put ice on it or aloe vera gel.

canada_srs
Rating
(1) Immediately after it happens cold water works well

(2) A lotion with aloe vera works well. I once scalded my arm and it went very well using Landers aloe vera lotion. I am not sure if still available.

(3) I am not sure if it will work but Polysporin has anti burning. My wife peeled Jalapeno Peppers a few years ago and this stuff was the only thing that gave relief. So I hoping it will be true of a burn as well.

princessdog1
Rating
Run it under cold water.

AMBER D
Try rubbing tomato on it. It works wonders.

dolphin2253
Rating
I've heard yellow mustard. Hope it helps.

Texas T
Aloe vera plant is the best to use but if you don't have a plant, aloe vera gel will work too.

whocouldthatposs
Maybe it sounds strange, but....what I always do and it really works....instead of running around with a cup of cold water or some strange stuff on your burn...just hang in there and tolarete the pain, you won't believe it but in a few minutes it will completely disapear and you won't even remember it anymore. It always worked for me.

Anthony
run the finger under warm water then gradually turn it to cold water

tiravellian
Rating
Anytime you receive a burn (not with every burn, just burns like the one you described), the first thing you should do is run cold water on your finger, or the area of the burn, because the thermal damage goes down by layers. Run cold water on it.

As far as applying something to it, you might could use some aloe vera. You could also take aspirin or something to lessen the pain.

MellyMel
aloe vera and cold water

Bella Know All
run cold water over it for 1o mins no less. if not use an ice pack or frozen veg on it for 2 mins on and 2 mins off for 15 mins. dont add creams as they will trap the heat in,.

ernu
Ice till the burning stops.

Brownskin
Try toothpaste

toe poe gee gee oh
Keep it in cold water and purchase a product called burn aid or similiar product...it is a topical ointment that takes the pain away.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy