Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Does salt help clean minor cuts and wounds?

Help! I have major heel pain!?
It seems to have happened over night. Went to see Taking Back Sunday on Tuesday night - stood entire concert. Got up next day, excruitiating pain in heel! Guess it's "plantar fasitis" ...

How can it be that EVERYONE's normal temperature is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit?
Everyone is different: Different height and weight. Different amounts of fat and muscle. Different levels of just about everything in our blood. We all have different lifestyles, different diets ...

Why the lifeguard kept looking at me?
I've been extremely stressed lately bcuz my father's been in the hospital for more than 40 days. Anyway, I went to the beach in the early morning & I sat down @ the edge of the water. I ...

What would make you stay?

What animal best represents you when you wake up in the morning?

Are there any ways to make a sunburn stop hurting?

I have large red ring with a white spot in the middle. Could this be a spider bite?
I think its a spider bite. It doesnt itch but its sore. No other symptoms from it.
Additional Details
I really don't think its lyme disease and it definitely not staph. I would ...

I'm looking for a good list of questions to ask my patients to help differentiate what their main complaint is

How to do Heimlich maneuver?

How do you stop biting your nails?
Is there a special trick anyone has learned?...

Is a sunburn sopse to blister and bubble?
i got sunburn realy bad on my shoulders and back i cant sleep on y back and they are starting to blister and buble is that good?...

What is the easiest way to quit smoking?

I think i got BITE by a spider?
I think it was 2 days ago and now theres a swallon line from were the spider bite is and puse is coming from it is it a brown recluse bite?...

How can I stop cutting /reduce the urges to cut?

Paramedics: What do you do if there is a dog that won't let you into the house.?
I'm thinking the only person home is the patient and they are not able to control the dog....

How do i loose weight i weigh 72 and have 4 fat rolls?
I'm really unhappy and would like to loose alot of weight by june thats when my ball is!!...

Does deoderant/antiperspirant give you cancer?
if so, what is the chance you'll get cancer ,what kind of cancer, and is there a better alternative to deoderant?
how come so many people use it then?
Additional Details
cause ...

When u go to sleep at night do u like sleeping in the dark or do u need a small light on somewhere?
i like my bedroom pitch black..don't know why..if there is just a tiny light on i can't sleep unless i am so pooped that i can't keep my eyse open...My parents told me that i was like ...

How would I calculate the amount of morphine that kills a person?
How is the dosage calculated? Are a patient's height/weight/age a factor? If so my hypothetical injured patient is 6' tall thirtysomething and weighs about 160 pounds.
Additional D...

Chelsie S
How do I get a tiny piece of glass out of my foot?
I've tryed tweezers and i've had my foot in a bowl of luke-warm salt water for about 30 minutes.

It's agonising to walk on! Please help!!

osto
one time i had a piece of glass in my foot. it was about as big as a grain of rice. i went to a doctor, he would not try to get it out. he said it would have to come out on its own. about 2 weeks later , it did. i was putting on a sock and i felt it snag the sock. it was sticking out a little bit. i scratched at it, and it came out.

i was upset that the doctor would not try to get it out. he said it wouldnt show up on an x-ray, and he would make the injury worse by cutting and digging around looking for it.

after about 2 days from first injury , it quit hurting. i could walk fine, and had forgotten about it.

Peaches
Take a yoke of an egg, add a teaspoon of salt, mix together, put it on where the piece of glass is, bandage it and wait a few days and see if it will draw the glass out, if not, go to a doctor!

sharrona
If the tweezers don't work, ask someone to help you with a magnifying glass to see if they can do it. If not of the Clinic.

nceml
Rating
there isnt much you can do, glass eventually works its way to the surface and then you can get it out, good luck

Jezibelle
Put a strong sauve on it, like the kind people use for really bad pimples and stuff. It will draw it out of your skin enough to pull it out, don't walk on it if you can help it, that will only further imbed it into your foot.

Grainov Truth
Rating
Maybe it is something YOU cannot do because you can't contort yourself over well enough to get a good look and relax the foot muscles at the same time. You need a bright light to see what you are doing. Time to get out that bottle of whiskey and call a friend over to do the tweezer digging or go to a "crawl in" clinic.
Next time be sure the piece is bigger.

fishing66833
I've used a salve type product called "Prid" that is available at pharmacies as over the counter. Sometimes I get small splinters or thorns that I just can't remove. I put Prid on it and a bandaid. It causes the area around the object to fester up a little. Then just a slight squeeze and it pops right out with no problem.

Tony Vas
Rating
Have someone do it for you, a friend or family member. I agree in having them use a magnifying glass or a pair of those cheap magnifying reading glasses. Please tell them to first sterilize the tweezers, and clean both their hands and the area of your foot where the glass is. They should carefully pull away the skin as well as they can, they look in to get the glass out, they of course when they are done to simply put some neosporen and a band-aid on it........Good Luck

M.S. Mom
This is going to sound odd but it works. Try spreading ELMER'S glue on your foot and let it dry then just peel it off. I know it works with splinters in the hand, so maybe it will work for your foot.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy