Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I am 13 and need to lose weight. How can I do this before summer?
I am 13 and 165 ibs. I need help to lose weight and be a regular 13 year olds size. I also have a lot of muscle, but i still have a lot of fat. Please help....

Whats the best cure for a hangover?

I got burnt on my hand,and I was wondering what is the best thing to do? It hurts.?
It was just something out of the microwave, and it happened about 20 minutes ago, but, it hurts really bad, and is red....

Girls ONLY PLEASE!!! Should IO pluck or shave?
Is it better for me to pluck or shave right around where my underwear is. I have hair growing there and I can't get rid of it with shaving. I'm embarrassed to go out in a swimming suit. A...

What does it mean when your urine is clear?

Is there any way to get rid of a cold before this fri.? b/c i have to sing a duet & speak for my graduation.?

Help i just got burned ?
i just got burn i tried aloe vera and ice but after a while it comes bck i need help what else can i use and wen is it going to go away....

Nose bleed: Hold your head up or down?
My grandma and aunt, both nurses, say that you should hold your head up. But most other people say head down. Wich is it?

I get nosebleeds alot due to clutzyness so I need to know this....

How can you help a cut heal really quick?
I have a cut and it's really annoying, it's like, deep enough to bleed but not too bad...how can I help it heal quicker...?...

My wife and I are mixed on this question: What is the correct way to stop a nose bleed?
My wife got a nose bleed a few night ago, now I have always been told to pinch the nose and lean your head back, she was always told to lean forward. Which one is it....

Weird Spider Bite, I think?
I have this weird red bump on my stomach and I think its a spider bite, but Im not sure. Its smaller than a dime and is sometimes itchy,Ive had it for about longer than a month. It has not decreased ...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH help i just got Windex in my eyes???!!!?
what should i do it burns!!!!??????
Additional Details
this is her sister writing this question and i dont know what to ...

I have a bottle of polysporin eye/ear drops that expired in April/07, are they still okay to use?

Additional Details
These are for my ...

Why should you rub it when it has become stiff?
Or should you just blow it instead?...

What causes hair loss at 23 years ? and how to stop getting bald ?
No one is bald in my familly, not even grand grand father. From both sides, mother and father.

What can it be ?...

How to stop swelling from a bee sting?
My son has gotten stung by a bee or a yellow jacket, and the stinger was still in. I removed the stinger, and a bit later, he broke out in "hives" all over. I gave him benedryl to clear ...

Does lack of sleep cause death?
I heard from a friend that there was this girl who didn't sleep for three days and she died instantly... Do you think thats really because of lack of sleep? Does lack of sleep cause death?...

Whats the best medecine to put on scars?

Can my new born baby get aids from air??????????

How should a person doing night shifts get proper & restful sleep ?
I'm doing night shifts in a call center. How should I get proper sleep so that I wake up refreshed....

nemo.lullabye
How can you get rid of uncontrollable shaking? That is caused by fear...?
Every time I find myself in a situation Im not comfortable with, I start trembling uncontrollaby, and aside from the fact that it's really disturbing for me, it's simply embarassing. How can I cure this?
Additional Details
This only happens to me at school, so I can't bite my fingers or talk to myself during the classes I have these 'attacks' in.

cricket6273
Try going to the doctor and getting on some kind of anxiety medicine. If this only happens in social settings.

desishinobi899
Rating
Maybe it's a genetic inheritance from your family. Talk to them about it. It might also have to do with the fact that you become uncomfortable. Some people start sweating, and others stagger their words. You can try, by overcoming your nervousness or try by not thinking about the situation so much to the point you become uncomfortable.

lawmanlaf136
Rating
I AM IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND I COME ACROSS ALL KINDS OF THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE THE AVERAGE PERSON SCARED. THE TRICK IS THIS. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, IT HAPPENED FOR A REASON. IF YOU CAN CONTROL THE SITUATION THEN YOU WOULD HAVE NO FEAR. IF YOU CAN'T CONTROL THE SITUATION THEN THERE IS NO NEED TO HAVE FEAR BECAUSE WHAT EVER HAPPENS WILL HAPPEN. IT IS NATURAL TO BE SCARED BUT JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS AND NEVER LET ANYONE ELSE CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS.

bthyann
Sounds like adrenaline. I get like that when I am scared or mad. I just try to avoid those situations and when the are unavoidable I try to breathe in through my nose out through my mouth and make the best of the situation.

bulldoze2005
Rating
I think first you need to determine what types of situations are causing this problem. If they are serious situations where your life really is in danger, then you need to avoid that situation.

Now, if they are not dangerous situations, then you are having an anxiety/panic attack which is more common than most people believe, and your body is just dealing with it how it *thinks* it needs to.

If you know that these are simply panic attacks, you need to go visit your doctor and share with him or her what is going on, when they are happening, what triggers them, etc. They can then suggest a treatment of medicine, therapy, or a mix of both.

Trust me, from experience I know that anxiety and panic attacks can completely and negatively alter your life. For example, you will begin avoiding places that may trigger an attack because of the negative effects that go along with them, such as elevators, baseball games, etc. That is no way to live!

So get to the doctor and let the healing begin!

nnn_company40
Rating
Chubs said think of a happy place.

wickedkitten
Rating
A doctor can give you meds for the anxiety ..panic attacks.
It will stop making you tremble.

up_all_night420
smoke a joint, then you wont care

eileenprince@sbcglobal.net
You probably have some sort of Anxiety Disorder. Please consult your physician, so you won't have them anymore. ;)

®PsychologyGuy
Well, I wouldn't listen to some of these people and jump the gun into the realm of anxiety disorders and drug therapy. Thats a little extreme for a first step. I would like to talk more with you to find out what else can be behind the behavior. While I have not earned my license yet, I am graduating (in 2 hours actually) with a degree in psychology and I have spent considerable time dealing with things such as depression, anxiety, and relationship problems. At any rate, the best advice is the person who said to try deeper breathing exercises to relax when you feel the onset of the problem. Close your eyes, try to use imagry techniques and breathing techniques to calm down.

Definately stay away from a doctor or psychiatrist until you have exausted all other avenues. All those two professions will do is start pumping chemicals into your body and I have yet to see a single perscription medicine that doesn't have some form of negative side effect...especially those dealing with the mind or the nervous system.

jhchang
Rating
you could ask to be tested for general anxiety disorder. the trembling that you are describing sounds like a medical issue associated with situations. there are meds that will help address that but I don't know how you feel about taking meds for something like a social phobia.

rilindy
Rating
Please see a doctor, maybe a psychiatrist. It sounds like "panic attacks" and can be relieved by medication. I hope you get help.

Godson.......here and after
Rating
u need to have Someone who really loves u in ur life.thats God.PERIOD.

sweetness
put ypur self in a relaxing state of mind breathe deep think of calming things i get very nervouse myself i relax and think of wonderful times i just spent in floridiahope this works and remember your not the only nervouse nelly out there give it a try good luck

wisgal1101
Rating
bite on your finger... it works for me.

asmikeocsit
Rating
Take a deeep breath,hold it a second or two,let it out slowly and turn your thoughts to something else briefly.This should help.

soleil_fairy
Rating
I am exactly the same. I don't think there is a cure, though. We just have to control ourselves from inside. Try deep breathing and talk to yourself. Tell yourself its OK and its just nerves.
It might help you. It helps me at times.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy