Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Whats a good way to relieve stress when you pissed off?

How do i cure a mosquito bite?
i dont have any cream or meds..and its too late to get a ride to the store. HELP IM ITCHY!...

Please!!! Help!!?
My sister is 20 years old she just took about 12-13 aleve pills. she said she doesn't want to live anymore, my mom came over and gave her milk, i don't think that will do anything. we told ...

You are coming out of a mall, theres this guy at the parking lot, on a wheelchair, next to a Van...?
and he says, hey miss could help me, could u please pass me those glasses? (pointing at some glasses that are inside the van, at the drivers seat)

What would u do? would u help him? or ...

How much sleep?
How much sleep do you need to be "at your best"? I tend to peak at 6 hours a night....

Anyone know the symtoms of a brown recluse bite?????
i thought i got stung by a bee yesterday but now im not sure, my foot is still swollen and where i thought i got stung at is turning purple and a white line keep appearing on my foot, its hot and ...

Please help. This is not a joke,What should i do/?
While making the bed just now i snapped my long nail. It is bleeding and sore. I have wrapped tissue round to stop the bleeding but i don`t know whether to cover it and hope for the best or cut off ...

What do boogers taste like?
ive benn pickin for awhile and i have always wondered what the hell they taste ...

Do you have or think you have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)?
hi, i think i have it, mild though, as it doesn't rule my life really.

what do you obsessivly do/symptoms?

mine are: counting things over and over, having to even things ...

How do you stay off the Internet ?
If it is interfering with your life? Especially if you are so involved with an online friend? Please dont say JUST DO IT!!! Thank ...

How do I stop hiccups?

How can I stop my finger from bleeding?
I cut my finger trying to open a can of cat food. My finger won't stop bleeding. I tried pressing down on. Doesn't work. HELP!...

What causes bad dreams?
I have been having bad dreams almost every night for years now. I really need to find out whats causing them. I don't feel like I get enough sleep due to waking up after each one.
Any ideas?...

How many times a week would you consider taking a shower?

I know alot of people smoke pot to help with chronic illness..but are there any illness caused by smoking it?

Are u againts plastic surgery?
I dont like people who goes for plastic surgery.U should be grateful with what u have.
Unless if u have some sort of handicapped problem....

I have glass stuck in my foot?
couple weeks ago i smashed a glass and a little sliver got stuck in my foot,i still cant manage to get it out..will this cause any harm..im not gonna die or anything!!...

When you do CPR do you have to break the ribs? ...I'm suddenly really curious.?

Why dont humans have tails?

How do you say no to a teenager?

mwilson106@sbcglobal...
Has anyone ever heard of using super glue instead of getting stiches???

Maillot Jaune
I think that could casue serious damage.....

one day at a time
Yes but make sure it's the medical grade kind and if in doubt let a doctor make the decision.

Sarah has a secret!
Yes, but it depends on the severity of the cut. It helps by not creating scars, but doesn't hold some cuts.

Brad H
Rating
Yes. This is a very common home remedy for SMALL lacerations. Although super glue itself is not recommended, there is a superglue-like substance available at your local drug store in the bandaging isle. This is a substitute for a substance used in emergency departments, called Liquid Stitch. This should only be used on SMALL lacerations. Your wound should be checked for any debris that may exist, and if any exists, the debris should be removed using various techniques, this may require you to see a physician. Be sure to clean the wound thoroughly before applying the substance, and keep in mind that super glue is toxic (although nontoxic may exist, not sure), pull the laceration together and apply a small amount, you may want to utilize butterfly bandages (available at any drug store) to help hold the laceration together. Be sure to check the area regularly for any signs of infection such as redness, fever, etc. Any of these signs, as well as failure for the wound to heal, indicate the need to see a doctor. If you do not feel comfortable using super glue, not sure if the wound is minor enough for home care, you should go ahead and see a doctor.

KENNETH B
Rating
MY NEPHEW WAS PLAYING AND RAN INTO A WALL. HE BUSTED HIS FOREHEAD OPEN AND IT WAS GLUED TO ELIMINATE THE STITCH SCARS...BUT I'M SURE IT WASN'T THE TYPICAL "SUPER GLUE". i think!

wdr31
Rating
Not necessarily super glue, but we use, for minor cuts, some junk called derma bond which basically is super glue.

Bubba13
yup, surgeons do it all the time.

120 IQ
Rating
noooooooooooo

gousa1991
yea
i had it

squidly leu
Rating
Dermabond,and it works great with little to no scaring.DO NOT use crazy glue or Super glue you get at Wal-mart.

david b
Rating
It will work.they use it in surgery. Just be careful not to stick other parts of yourself together. You are better off using New Skin or similar products.

help me
Rating
i think i did when i was like 6

x_lil_redangel_x
It's common place practice and has been for years. What do you think the liquid bandage crap is? It's tinted super glue basically. Super glue works great as long as the cut is held shut and glued, then when the skin is healing, the super glue falls off on it's own. Don't pick it off.

amae_2399
Rating
yes i have actually, i asked my doctor about that. if you don't want stitches and the cut isn't really severe(like you can see ur bone)then no. but other wise you can use super glue. she said to draw a line just under the skin and hold together for a couple of seconds till dry and try to keep it from being used much that day. then tomorrow it will be brand new. believe me me and my husband have done it. several times. its worth it. i always carry a little tube of super glue in my purse.

pjflyr
Rating
Medical grade glue (one is Dermabond) is packaged single dose and sterile.
You really should have a wound assessed to see if it needs traditional stitches which leave a smaller scar and is preferred for large or deep wounds. Stitches are rarely placed after 24 hours, so time is important.

zander_kingofanime
Rating
TXKnight is definitely on the right track; I'm an athletic trainer and we typically use the "super glue" for cuts, scrapes, lacerations, etc., when dealing with athletes that have injured an area important to their sport. We generally cover it with a layer of pre-wrap over the adhesive, and then apply a layer of power flex.

i.e. Baseball player's hand
Soccer player's knee
Basketball/Football player's wrist

barb
i have used super glue on small cuts to stop the bleeding, works great.

boilerrat
Rating
yes its pretty common in civilized nations.

soapsoap
Super glue was originally invented to close human wounds, but the reason it's not generally used is because of the fear that the glue could seal in infection and wounds need to be able to heal in the open air. Liquid bandaids are essentialy super glue mixed with antibiotics to prevent this problem with infections.
If your cut is serious enough that you think you need stitches, you should go to the doctor anyway rather than trying to fix it yourself. For smaller cuts, though, super glue should be fine. My husband always uses superglue or nail glue to fix small cuts on his hands that aren't closing on their own.

Serena M
Super glue is not a good substitute because it is not sterile. The wound needs to be cleaned- and depending on the depth- some doctors use a "new skin" type of product which is like a sterile glue. You can buy it at the store for minor cuts, but you need hospital strength for something deep enough for stitches

Due May 17th with #1!
Rating
Yes It all depends on how deep the cut is. If the cut goes through a major blood source, such as an artery or vein, it's not good because a piece could dislodge and cause a stroke. If the wound is a large gash or something, it would work. Hospitals use a sterile version for that purpose.

fossilfrontier280
Rating
Yes, in fact I heard some hospitals use super glue instead of the kind the hospital orders, supposedly it holds better and is cheaper. I've also heard that it burns.

Crazy_person
that is a very bad idea

Attitude Chikz
I don't know about super glue but there is a glue that doctors use. It's medical glue tho, I don't think they work the same.

Russ
Rating
yes, they do now some type of glue they use

avery
Rating
Yes, very common now, and yes, i've had glue used instead of stitches.

rkn3480
Rating
yes ,its a pretty common practice in the U.S. but its not normal superglue , it is made just for that purpose ,of stiching small cuts

mkulda
It's not really SuperGlue.
It's called Dermabond and it works great.
Very little scarring.
I was upset though because my daughter got it for a forehead wound and we paid an ER doc about $400 to put it on when after watching her (the doc) do it, I clearly could have done it myself.

It gets much more air and it heals a lot better.

After the Dermabond dries...about 5 minutes, there is no need for a bandage.

They even have an over the counter style of this called Liquid Band-Aid.

lala15
Rating
super glue could be toxic you may want to reconsider

TXKnight
Rating
They do have a medical "super glue" that they use in place of stitches on some lacerations. Now depending on the length and depth of the laceration depends on whether you need stitches or if the glue can be used. Also location of the wound is considered due to some areas the skin and muscles move more frequently.

Georgie
Rating
Yes medical grade super glue.

My hubby who is insulin dependant had a very nasty cut on his big toe, and the hospital used super glue on his toe, rather than stitches
1. Because he is a diabetic.
2. He was travelling the next day and would not be close to a hospital.
3. Doctor told hubby it would heal much quicker, as long as he kept it clean.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy