Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How do I know I'm smart?
I really don't know if I'm smart or not...can you help me find out?...

I'm told that placing a penny for 15 minutes on a bee sting will reduce pain & it won't swell?

Does anyone know the secret to happiness?
I think it's loving yourself and others comletely, knowing your not above anyone, and giving all you can to others while not forgetting to give yourself what you need. Has anyone out there ...

What bone do you need to locate before beginning CPR?
trying to do med term homework
Additional Details
I'm not attempting CPR on anyone so don't be afraid! It was just a question on my homework....

Does old wet hair clogging the sink bother you to touch it ??

I have chigger bites all over me does anyone know a Household Chigger Treatment???
What will help them go away?...

Why does a paper cut hurt so much?

Is it true that when a jelly fish stings you someone has to urinate on the wound?

How long should I keep a heating pad on my sore back?

Headache help???
I am at work so there isn't a lot I can do, like laying down, but I've taken 4 tylenol since like 8 this morning and my headache will not go away. Are there any suggestions of how I can ...

How do you get rid of hiccups?
I've had hiccups all day, I'm going crazy! They won't go away! HELP!...

Sunburn!?!?!?
Okay, I have been at the pool 3 days this week and the sunscreen I had didn't work too well, I have VERY BAD sunburn! Any tips to help relieve it or anything I can do to prevent it from ...

How do you get rid of nail-biting habits?
I bite my nails, yes. I'ts really hard to get rid of this stupid habit, so you got any ideas???...

I would like to know the quickest way to get a ring off of my finger?
i have tried babyoil, vasoline, ice cold water, windex..now what...Plz Help!!...

What tricks and techniques work to wake up on time?
Can't seem to drag myself out of bed on time lately. Any hints?...

Is it better to cover wounds with bandages or expose the wounds to air for the best healing?

How can i remove the acne on my face ?
i tried every thing i have gone to doctors ,, chemical dosnt ...

Hi i burnt my hand last sunday on hair straightners and the blister has peeled off what should i do?
the colour where the blister has come off is a redish pinkish colour and is sore what should i do pls help me :(?...

Can someone help me??
I have been expierencing some pains on the side of my hip...it started hurting last night 8/6/06 and it stopped this morning and then it started up again....i didnt bang it on a wall or anything to ...

Nose bleed?
how can u stop nose bleeding?
because my nose bleeding since yesterday
my nose bleed stops but after 30minutes it bleeds again
and also the blood cloth is coming from my mouth its sso ...

RED
Does tea count towards the 8 glasses of water Im supposed to drink every day?
Its too hard to drink that much water when its not hot outside, but I drink maybe 4 8oz glasses a day & 2 or 3 cups of tea, is that plenty?
Additional Details
It is plain unsweetened tea

millexuan
Rating
The 8 glasses of water a day includes all the liquids that you ingest. So I think you really only have to drink about 6 glasses of water a day and you'll get the other two from the foods you eat.

gahogdawg
Rating
No, only water counts as water. Tea is good for you but does count unless it's plain unsweetened tea.

willie47
Rating
I think your tea or coffee would count, as long as it is unsweetened, and they do have decafinated tea and coffee.

w00hahaha
Teas does NOT count. It does hydrate you a bit, but it has caffeine in it, which is a diuretic (makes you pee), so you're not necessarily getting the same benefit as water. Also, I'm not especially knowledgeable on the matter, but I think there is something about drinking just plain water that is better for you because your body doesn't have to filter anything out of it.

ctaylor66062
Rating
Is this for weight loss?? If it is then it counts if the tea is decaf.

Where Words Fail, Music Speaks!
no, besides, water is better:)i barely drink any soda, i just drink water

blessing in disguise
drink as much as you can... u don't have to drink exactly 8 a day...

the_muzikid
Did you know that there's really no reason to drink those 8 glasses of water a day? Doctors have not reported any significant health benefits. You get all the water your body needs in an average day from various foods and drink. Don't sweat it! Which reminds me--if you're exercising, be sure to grab a bottle of water to replenish the water you'll lose to sweat. Take care!

americanbrat019
no

jenfleur
Rating
Herbal (non-caffeinated) tea DOES count towards the 8 glasses of water. But coffee and caffeinated tea do not.

I believe you can substitute up to 2 cups of tea in order to "count" as having 8 glasses per day. So, 2 cups of tea and 6 glasses of water.

txhypnotist
Rating
No, but it does have water in it and does hydrate you, just not as well as plain old fasion water.

Genevieve
yes i believe it does but if it has caffeine in it then the caffeine can act as a diarrettic and make you lose more water so decaf tea should count

Twinkkie1989
tea makes ya pee a lot and it's bad for your teeth

auntb93again
Rating
I count tea, myself. It's mostly water, anyway. But coffee is another matter, if you have trouble with caffeine. (People keep telling me tea has as much caffeine as coffee, but I don't think so. Or if it does, I metabolize it better.)

serf
Rating
Tea is a diuretic. I would not count it towards your water intake.

Smarty-Marti
Tea containing caffiene is actually diuretic - As long as intake matches losses, fluid balance is maintained but increased losses can upset fluid balance. One way this can happen is via increased sweat production in hot, humid environments, especially during exercise. Diuretic agents, including caffeine and alcohol, can also upset fluid balance by acting on the kidneys to boost urine production. If fluid losses are increased without a corresponding increase in fluid intake, a negative fluid balance results. However, you'd have to drink a lot of caffiene to make such a drastic effect.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy