Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Can I get rid of a sunburn by breaking off a piece of an aloe vera plant and rubbing it on the sunburn?
And does it peel?...

What is that one thing in life that makes life worth living?

Does anyone know home remedies to lower cholesterol levels?
My husband's cholesterol is high and the doctor advised that he go on a low fat diet. He exercises too, But it hasn't had much effect after a month on the low fat - exercise regimen. Any ...

What's the reason for a hiccup?

Do men suffer from anorexia?
I know we hear about the women who suffer from this psychological disease, but I've yet to hear about a man with this affliction. Are there any?...

I haven't had my period in 4 months and have been have recently began experiencing cramping and fatigue, help?
my symptoms include, fatigue, frequent peeing, cramping in my lower stomach almost like i'm having my period but no discharge, had nausea for the first month or so but nothing since,
A...

I have a small sliver of glass in my finger, & I can't get it with the tweezers. Any ideas how to remove it?
I can barely see it, and the tweezers aren't able to grip it. I know about using elmers glue, like a peel mask but I don't have any....

Is this Burn bad?
I kinda poured boiling water straight from the stove on the top portion of my Hand. It's pretty much my whole hand, nothings left out...unfortunately. It happened a few minutes ago and it hurts ...

Mouth ulcers?

Ouch im in pain help!?
all last night i was in great pain so much i stayed up crying over it and still bloody hurts today and i have to be in my sons class room in 2 hour to work (preschool parent participation) anyways i ...

Why does arthritis hurt so much ...i have rumatoid arthitis?

My 6yr olds ear is bleeding inside!?
What could be wrong? My husband is taking him to a late dr or ER!

he's been sick and he is bleeding inside his ear!
Additional Details
Thanks. My husband has taken him ...

Frostbite: Do I have it?
I was playing street hockey for about an 1hr 1/2 (It is -10 degrees). I went in and noticed my legs felt really cold. I went in the shower and noticed slight bluness, so I put the warm/hot water on ...

Is it true that after one marry acne would go away?
does acne have anything todo with marriage?...

Pet Peeves....?
so what is one of your pet peeves about YOURSELF that drives you nuts... mine is that everytime i go to the bathroom i have to rip off the first 2 squares of t.p. before i'll use the t.p... ...

Why would you use heat rub instead of freeze spray?
What injuries do the 2 different types of relief cure/aid i dont ...

Is there a home cure for eyes that have been stung by a welding light?
My boyfriend has never been around welding before and for some "odd" reason he looked into the direct light? but he looks all red in the eye areas and is complaining about not being able to ...

How to live healthy?

Does constantly drinking lemon in hot water assist in losing weight?
My cousin has always managed to return to pre-pregnancy size despite having big babies. Even after child number four, she went from size 20 back to size 10. I've had 3 children and am still ...

I sleep off quickly when I go to bed but wake up in 3 hours...HOw to get a uninterrupted 6-8 hours sleep?

Additional Details
When I wake up I keep thinking of work, things to do etc..and just cant sleep.
How do I turn off my mind?...

jds3092
Does soaking an ingrown toenail in salt water help?
because i dont have that epson salt stuff. i heard regular salt water works.

DillyDallyLama
no

lilshrtcke2001
Rating
yes it will help you but you need to see dr and get it taken care of cause it will only get worse

luisa_mapacha
You should get Epsom salt. It's really realy cheap (under $1 usually) and you can find it in any pharmacy. It has special qualities and is different from table salt.

+bookish+
According to my handy Kaiser Permanente Healthwise Handbook: You can “soak your foot in warm water. Wedge a small piece of wet cotton under the corner of the nail to cushion the nail and lift it slightly to keep it from cutting the skin. Repeat daily until the nail has grown out and can be trimmed.”

girlonline64
Rating
It isn't the same. Try putting a little bit of cotton under the nail to relieve some of the pressure and to guide the toenail in the right direction.

Dale
Rating
Salt is fine, the idea is to soften the skin. But if it's really bad, you should see foot doctor and have it taken care of.

bflogal77
Absolutely....you are talking to a first hand expert on this. Get out a pan large enough to put water in, as hot as you can stand it. Add salt...it's part of Epsom Salts anyway. Soak two to thre times a day if posible. If the nail is still cutting into the toe tissue, you may need to see your doctor or a podiatrist.

Silmeria81
If you let your feet soak long enough, it should soften things up a bit so that you can cut the nail out. Epsom salts are best, table salt may cause your feet to sting if it gets into any cuts on your feet. I would suggest just warm soapy water. Then, if you remove the toenail, be sure to keep it clean and use some type of antibiotic cream to keep it from getting infected. Feet sweat a lot and bacteria breed in the warm, moist environment of a shoe.

Gypsy Gal
Yes, it helps to draw the infected area but go to store and get epson salt soon as it is better. and vinegar and a brown paper sack and this is how you use it heat to tepid temp,,,It is the warmth of a baby bottle of milk, the temp and {vinger} and tear brown paper bag and dip it intovinger and wrap it around your toe,,,and it takes the swelling out of toe,,,A arkansas hill old stand by and hey it works/

Nurse Annie
If it's a mild case, soak your foot in warm water containing antibacterial soap or a few tablespoons of salt for 15 to 20 minutes. Dry your foot and apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment and a clean dressing. Do not cut your nail. For the next few days, wear open-toed or loose-fitting shoes. When the nail grows out, cut it straight across. If it does not go away on its own in a reasonable period, if you are in pain or if you notice an infection please see your doctor. If you have diabetes or another health problem that affects your circulation, contact your doctor for treatment of your ingrown nail even if your symptoms are mild.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy