Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How often do you look in the mirror and tell yourself i love you? Just curious to know. Thanks.?

How would you care for a child with a sore throat?
Little One (who wonders about things like the Easter Bunny and turtles) isn't feeling well today and on Sundays our stores are closed. (Really!) I know some tried and true family remedies/...

Why am i tired all the time?
i take vitamins, but i never have energy. i'm accused of being lazy, but i just feel tired constantly. is there anything i can do to feel better & have more energy? thanks for answers.
<...

I burned myself! Ouch! Help?
Anyone know of a good cream or home remedy to make the stinging stop? I didn't burn myself on purpose. Was getting some toast out of my toaster oven and burned the top of my hand. Anyone know a ...

How do i remove a small fish bone from inside my throat without going to the e.r..?
it is not blocking my air way but it makes it hard to swallow and it hurts like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

somebody ...

What will happen if I just leave the splinter in my finger?
I am wimping out on the tweezer ...

My 5 Year Old Has Been Stung by a Bee. What will take the pain down?
I know about getting the sting out but he has to go to school so i don't really want him to have calpol or anything. Is there a topical pain reliver. AND THE STING IS OUT! Thanks.......

What were you like when you were ten years old?

How can I gain 20 poundsin 3 months?
I want to gain weght because i am sick of being the werid skinnk girl with the bones coming everywhere i just want to be a normal weight and i am not the skinny that looks good i am the skinny that ...

Best relief for sunburn?
peeing is for jelly fish bite...what other than aloe can I use?...

How do you get tics off?
I've heard you can't just pull them off because they leave their head behind....

Dose anyone know any home remedies for extremely painful ear infections?
Ive had this ear infection for 2 weeks and i have no health insurance and no money to pay a hospital bill. The pain is horrible, a friend gave me a few pain pills but they didnt help the pain at ...

Which is better baths or showers?

Bee sting in dogs mouth and swollen up what can i do?

I haven't had a bowel movement for three weeks, should I be worried.?
When I try to go, all that comes out is this puss-like discharge. Only about one heaping teaspoon. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?...

What is worse a paper cut or stubbing one of your toes?

How do you tell a co-worker that their body odor is offensive? Especially if you do not want to hurt them?

Can u tan in a tanning bed if u are pregnant?

My daughter has earache, what is the best home cure I can give to her?
She has just taken a paracetamol, so hopefully that will begin to work within a few hours. Is there anything else I can do?
Additional Details
She is 13 years old....

Mosquito bite!?
i have been getting alot mosquito bites lately...but most of them are usually small and the itch goes away...but for over almost a week..i have gotten one..and it looks like this : http://iboo....

Alice cullen
Does scratching poison ivy make it worse???
And does anyone know how to make it stop itching?? thanks!!!!! :)

Lick My Nose
Rating
si senor.

Brad
Never scratch an itch. Put ice on it immediatly.

Amandaa<33
Rating
YESS it does make it worse!! Buy calamine lotion at a walgreens or something, it really helps!!

Feel Better!!<33

mackenzie_mr
Don't scratch your poison ivy. Try not to touch it. Scratching it will make it spread because you are spreading the oils around. Usually after a about 5 or 6 days you can scratch it because the oil in the rash is gone so it wont spread. But to stay on the safe side you shouldnt itch it at all. Calamine lotion will make it heal better and faster.

edie08
Don't scratch it, it will get under your finger nails and spread it to the next place you touch. Wash your hands if you do touch it. But I would just go to the drug store and buy cortisol ointment or some other kind of anti-itch cream, ir will really help aleviate your discomfort! Good luck!

Katie
Rating
Yes, it's just like chicken pox. It can make it even more itchy. If you scratch it too much, you can create scabs which, in this case, can turn into scars. To sum it all up, just, don't scratch it. Sleeping makes it so you don't have to feel the itch. Good luck.

Tactical Medic
yes it will make it spread, try calamine lotion or aloe Vera maybe some other medicine!

JuMa
Rating
Yes, scratching poison ivy makes it worse. It increases the liklihood of breaking the blisters and opening your skin up to infection. It can also leave scarring. So try not to itch at all cost.

Some ideas to get it to stop itching:

Try topical (for skin) first aid creams with an antihistamine as an active ingredient. I think that band-aid brand makes one but I can't think of the name.

Taking benedryl also will help but it does have a tendency to make people sleepy, so maybe only at night.

If you don't like antihistamines, there are aloe vera gels sold at pharmacies or you can use it straight from the plant if you have it.

Oatmeal baths (look for colloidal oatmeal--aveno has a product with it to add to your bath water) are another option for you if you are trying to go au natural.

I hope you feel better soon. Poison ivy is horribly uncomfortable.

Rhonda & Cats
Rating
Yes it makes it worse, that spreads it. Take an antihistamine like Benedryl & use caladryl lotion.
We get it so bad we always have to go to the doc & get steroid shots.
Good luck.

Jen
You could get a local infection, and it can cause the rash to spread by transferring the "fluid" from original site. Benadryl cream, benadryl pill, calamine lotion, oatmeal bath, aveno. If it is real bad you can get a shot from your doctor. The rash needs to dry out, and anywhere or anyone who comes in contact with those weeping area could have an allergic reaction that you are suffering from.

♥Nikki♥
it makes it worse and it will itch more, you could put cortatzone on it.

House
Rating
Yes! This will cause it to spread all over you, and greatly worsen the infection. Trust me, you don't want it on your hands, between your fingers, and scratching at it will cause this to happen.

Try placing a cool, wet cloth over the area, possibly even ice, for temporary relief. If it gets really bad a doctor can give you a cortizone shot, which usually makes it clear up right away.

PlanetBerry
Rating
Any time you physically touch and open sore or as you note here, poison ivy you can irritate the area and cause it to spread. You can also transfer the area to other parts of your body.

my cara mia
Rating
yes,you can transfer the poison ivy from one spot to another just by sccratching, to eleviate the intense itching use benadryl cream or calamine lotion,it wont stop the itch altogether but it will slow it down some.

thathockeychick23
Rating
Yes it will. Put Calamine lotion on it, which should stop the itching

silvertonsVIP
Rating
uh yeah....

THE MIST
Rating
If the blisters are there do not scratch them because you will break them open and then they will spread and it will get worse. Get a Corticosteroid cream and it will stop it from itching. I hope this will help.

Country Pride
If infected site has been washed thoroughly with soap and water. NO. Only the oil from the leaves can spread the poison ivy or sumac. So watch where you put your hands after you come in contact with it. Especially if your a guy,know what I mean? You can also contract it if someone is burning it around you.

staci
Rating
yes, it spreads

try calamine lotion

Mommymonster
Rating
YES YES YES!!! Don't scratch! If it gets into your bloodstream it will pop up all over the place. The best thing to use is Lotramin. If it gets really bad, rub the area with alcohol to sooth the itch. Every time I get it I end up having to go to the doc to be put on prescribed steroids to kick it. I feel for ya honey, I really do!!!

Tracy M
yes, it irritates the skin, and actually can cause an infection, such as cellulitis. The clothing you were wearing at the time of exposure to the poision ivy should all be washed, even your shoes. If you wear them again without washing them you make the poision ivy worse and re-expose yourself eash time. You can try some calomine lotion (the pink stuff) also some benadryl for the itching. You may have to see a doctor if it gets worse or looks infected. You could need antibiotics or even some steriods to help.

Kelly
yes, scratching the rash only spreads it.

Use Calamine lotion, the pink stuff, it stops the itch really quick and it's just for poison ivy. you can get it at any pharmacy.

Britt
yes.. it makes it worst you should never scratch poison ivy because you spread it to other parts of your body

supak464
Yes it makes it worse and spreads...

use calomine lotion, buy at walgreens or grocery store etc

hope u feel better .. xoxo

goldwing
Rating
Scratching will make it worse...you damage cells, they release histamine, and histamine causes itching. Get some cortisone cream immediately and sooth the area with that..the itching will stop quickly. Good luck

T-Bone
Rating
Does scratching any rash make it better?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy