Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I AM FAT HElP ME lose weight?
I am 6 foot 4 weight 160 pounds, i need to be 120 in a week. I already vomit regularly and bearly eat food, i don't even have muscle mass, all i do is jog. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Additional D...

Whats the best birth control pill for an 18 yrs old?

If you safer from Depression would you do shock treatment.?
I'v had Deprssion all my life and I'm thanking about shock treatment. would like some input on this subject thank you....

Which one is worse for your health? weed or tobacco?

I stapled my eyerlid to my facee?

Does anyone have any really effective, easy, and fast remedies for really bad sunburns?
I got a terrible sunburn at the beach today and It hurts WICKED bad!! (can you tell I'm a new englander?) ive put lotion on it, used ice packs, and im wearing light soft clothes
NOTHINGS WO...

How often should i take a shower?

If you were skinny how would you get fat ?
what would you do to get bigger....

I quit smoking 2 years ago and i still want a cigarette a lot of times,Will this ever stop?
I smoked for about 25 years and im glad i quit but i still want a cigarette....

What besides peroxide can u use to clear up a child's ear infection?

Can someone give me a remedy for really itchy gnat bites please?

Help!!!!!!!!!?
i tripped and fell skating and my head is busted open and is bleeding continuosly and it wont stop!...

I just inhaled mustard gas what should i do?
just kiddig but but what would u do

a)call over your girl friend and pass on life
b)screm like a b***h
c)call a family meeting and confess all my secrets
d)pray to God and ...

Who is the one of the most attractive looking women in the world?
fire away! u shall get the best vote. Ok she has to be 5'9"+ have long legs, have shades of gold displayed naturally and have white skin color cuz it's the most attractive in this ...

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! I just dropped something heavy on my toes while wearing flipflops?
I think my toes are broken what should I do?...

How long does the a&e department usually take to see a person?

Do you believe that everything in this universe is made up of energy including us?

Does anyone else have major fear of death?
I worry about death and dying all the time. Not just about myself, but about people I love. Sometimes I even dream about it. My mom says this is abnormal. I know this is a common fear, but does ...

What is the most sensitive part of the human body for man and woman?

I burned myself with a hot glue gun. how do i relieve the pain?

mackwinker
Does a deep cut need to be stitched up if it is barely bleeding?

Xenie X
No, they rarely stitch cuts these days just stick it together with a plaster to keep it clean - if it doesn't heal well see a doctor

Al Inshearah
Just clean it out with a bit of spit and put a band aid on it

firerescue22
you don't have a lot of bleeding b/c you didn't hit any 'major" arteries. but if the cut is deep you want to get it stitched...get it closed up before something gets in there and infects it...

emily_brown18
It really depends on the particular cut. If there is any question, get it checked out by a medical professional.

Weapon X
no I've had a few of these and they healed up fine the only thing that you can see is a small scar

prettydarling1000
Rating
Yes. If you want to get an infection.

dee_ann
Rating
no you can get a bandaid thats called a butterfly stitch and it will close that wound up im a cook and get cuts all the time it works

Henry
Rating
Yes, unless you don't mind huge scars. Deep cuts must heal from the inside out and could take months, whereas if stitched, only takes weeks.

puggylover
Rating
The only thing stitches do is keep out infection and reduce the size of the scar. So if you keep it clean and it is not bleeding anymore than no. You can stop worrying about all the needles now.

cat
Rating
It wouldn't hurt to get a checked out- they may do butterfly stitches just to prevent it from reopening.

emsr2d2
Not necessarily. Last time I cut myself very deeply with a vegetable knife, I ran it under cold water for over an hour until it had definitely stopped bleeding. Then I put a very tight plaster and a large bandage round my finger. It took about 5 days to heal up, but it did. I kept it clean, kept checking it and I'm sure the scar is smaller than it would have been with stitches.
It's not that I'm afraid of the stitches, I just didn't have time to sit in Casualty for 5 hours waiting to be seen!

TheGeneral
Put a butterfly bandage on it, unless something really dirty cut you .Then you need a tetanus shot and stitches while your there.

jasminetablen
Rating
Not if you don't mind a huge scar...The other reason they do stitch besides to stop the bleeding!!!

Lori K
Yes. Otherwise, your risks of infection and complications during healing increase significantly.

I hate friggin' crybabies
probably... it helps it heal better if both sides are brought back into contact with each other. Also helps keeps germs out of the cut.

traveller
yes if you dont want a big scar

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy