Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What kind of spider bit me?
I was bit by a spider and it immediatly swelled up and I started vomitting. The next day I had horrible heart pains and past out for a while. I was lathargic and vomitting for the next four days. I ...

Puntured vein in my hand?
hey.
a few days ago i accidently smacked the top of my hand on the corner of a metal counter top and it formed a really tall bump for a few hours, and then the next few days after that the ...

What noticeable damage will 8 or more Advil's in one dose do to someone?
How quick will your body tell you that you took too many Advil's in one dose, and will it do to show you?...

Swollen right corner eyelid and when I blink it hurts, what do i do?
On Sat. I woke up with the lower eyelid swollen and now it hurts and it's swollen and it's red inside.
Additional Details
Today I went to pick up my no line reading bifocals ...

I have this huge bump on my tongue?
I really need to get rid of it before Monday , any suggestions....

What was the happiest moment of your life!?

How do you tape a pulled muscle in the ribs?
I was kayaking at lake tahoe and we tipped over and i pulled a muscle located in my ribcage. it hurts everytime i breathe in, cough, sneeze or anything that inflates my lungs. i have a soccer ...

I have a second degree burn. Will it scar me?

Dreaming while falling asleep?
Do you ever have extremely vivid dreams/visions while on the cusp of falling asleep, but are not quite asleep (like you know you're not asleep)? I have this often and I wish I could harness it ...

I Have A Weird Blister Thing On My Finger?
I get these weird blister things on my fingers every year. I haven't hurt myself. It's really weird because it's only on my left hand, and all my fingers get it. After a while, they go ...

What causes that pain you get in your right side after you run for awhile--then it goes away?
I think my mother used to say it was a 'stitch in your side?'...

Boil treatment?
I got an ingrown hair on in the inside of my calf that is drastically changing into a huge boil. Any home treatments I can do over the weekened before I go to the doctors on Monday? I've had ...

Can babies get breast cancer?

How to stop hand sweating?
how to stop hand sweating?
Additional Details
with out ...

Can an infant contract HIV/AIDS from breast feeding?
Saw a TV show where the child was being taken away from his mother, because she wouldn't quit breast feeding him. I believe it would be like kissing. Not being able to contract HIV or AIDS ...

What is a good (non narcotic/perscription) way to help fall asleep faster and stay asleep?
FOr some reason i have great difficulty falling alseep quickly... like my mind won;t shut down at it takes me 30-45 minutes, sometimes anhour to fall asleep. I also wake up often during the night....

Should i answer the door when im home all alone?
im 13 ..and some dude ...about 18-24 idk stoped and i have no idea who it was! i got his plates and i did not answer the door. he looked like a nice person (but you can never tell) i think he was ...

When was the last time you made a funny face in the mirror?

How can i get rid of hickups?

Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab?
I desperately need help. I dont want to do it no more, and I cant seem to stop this stuff.. Im asking this because I dont want to move onto another drug....

SuzyQ359
Does Ginger Ale help cure the common cold?

E L M S
There is no medical tests to prove it, but Ive found in black n latino cultures that our grannies gave us Seven Up without ice for stomach aches. i was lawyas told the bubbles helped! Could be one of thsoe great home remedies but i think it actually works.

fthnature
Ginger Ale makes you feel better when you have a cold because it is gentle on the stomach and somewhat filling, sadly though, it doesn't cure the cold unless you consider the positive effects of feeling good.

If you are looking for some help though I'd like to recommend using more locally harvested honey (you can usually buy some on local farms). Honey Bees fly around and pick up germs in the air, when they make the honey it gets incorporated into the honey. This works much like a flu shot, it gives your body a chance to experience a significantly weakened form of the germs so it can learn to fight against them. Using honey throughout the year is a good way to reduce your likelihood of getting waylaid by the common cold.

Hope you feel better :-)

theca_va
it doesn't cure it, but it helps a upset tummy.

mykonthc
yep

fungusbrains1
Rating
No. The common cold is a virus, and although ginger ale may offer some relief for some symptoms, it is not an antiviral, so it will not cure any virus.

As of now, there is no cure for the common cold. I think if they do find it, it might help with the cure for the AIDS virus.

jennygump98
Nothing can cure the common cold... it is a virus, and viruses cannot be stopped by medication, much less ginger ale.

HorB
Rating
Nothing helps cure the common cold, but if ginger ale did, it would probably cost $17.00 for an 8 oz bottle.

jfer
Nothing can cure the common cold but time and rest. You should drink plenty of fluids, and if ginger ale floats your boat then OK!

Ginger ale (assuming it really does have ginger) has some benefit with nausea, so if you feel sick to your stomach it can help settle it.

geoshady
No, but if you stir in a little JD with that you won't care so much that your nose is running. I hope you feel better.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy