Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I got stung by a bee, what should i do?
i was on top of my house when a bee stung me it looked like a regular one and stung my left hand close to the wrist, what should i ...

How do u soothe a burn?
i spilled a little boiled water on my fingers and it burns and doesn't seem to stop burning, is there something i can put on it to soothe the burn and make it feel ...

What does HIV stand for?

How long are tetenus shots good for?
I had an inch long peice of wire pulled out of my knee and want to know if i need a tetnus shot....

Whats the best thing to do for mosquito bites so they don't get infected?

If you get stung by a bee...?
and you're allergic and your tongue is swelling/ you're feeling dizzy, but you get to the hospital right away, you'll definitely be ok, right?...

My two year old son was stung by a wasp..what should I do?
Just a few minutes ago my son was stung by a wasp. It was rather big in size and I killed it and saved it just in case I have to take him to the hospital or the dr. He seems to be doing fine and only ...

Umm i smoke?
im 14 nd in da 8th grade ive been smoking on and off for about 6 months now im beginning to thinkim addicted so 1st wat do i do nd second can smoking make u gain weight or like make u hungry or ...

I'm feeling a bit dizzy, can anyone help?

Anyone ever hear the sound of a TV on or radio when it is off?
This happens to me sometimes. also happened to my husband and then my dad told me about it happening to him! anyone know what this is?...

How often do you..?
take a shower........ my friend is in 8th grade and says she takes one about every othere day is that good?...

I have a big bruise, help me, please?
my sister's bruise is the size of a bowling pin. how do you heal a bruise that big asap?...

Do u smoke? why aren't u dead yet?

Additional Details

Am i weird because i choose to be depressed?
like i may have some happy days here and there, but in general i tell people i will always be depressed. it kinda of keeps me grounded and in my place. is that good? does anybody else here choose to ...

My dad got stung by 2 bees??? Help!!!!!!?
My dad got stung by abee and we don't know what kind it is. We have tried everything. This happened like 4 hours ago and it still stings. Help!! He is not allergic.

~Sarah~...

What does the cigarette do to our lives?

How do my cat and allergic boyfriend coexist?

What should I keep in my first aid kit?

I lost my virginity, how do I get it back?
A question for my ...

How to treat .22 rifle wounds???
i am 14 and my father said i could use his brand new .22 cal rifle to play with while he went out to dinner. i didnt reall yknow how to use it. so i while i was trying to reload it it went off and ...

bob's aunty
Cut won't stop bleeding, please help?
I cut myself with a new blade and didn't realise how sharp it would be. The cuts are quite deep, about 1/2- 1 cm. There's one on my chest and another on my leg.
How can i close it ?
I have sterri strips, will they work?
Additional Details
I don't want to go to the emergency room because they won't be able to put stitches on them anyway because of the scar tissue underneath the cuts.

I have cut myself in those places many times.

Stevo
pray.

tma361
this is gonna sound weird but look for cob webs like on your walls and bunch them up then put on the cut. trust me it will stop bleeding

cool breeze
smooth move bilimic-if steri strip don't work use duct tape. it's not so sanitary but it will hold the wound together until it has a chance to clot off. next time numbnutz, watch out for what you are doing.

Chaz
Relax. The strips will work. You should also try putting a bag of ice or frozen veggies on it...that will help also.

Live & Learn
Apply pressure for about 5-10 minutes. Cold water is used to clot it off also. Yes, put steri-strips close together over entire cut. Dont put no ointment on the cut b/c then the steri strips wont stick.

Coffin33
Apply pressure and bandage it up. If it doesn't clot up within a few hours or slow down to an ooze, you are allowed to worry.

LT
go to the hospital, get stitches

scottcollins83
Keep pressure on it until it stops bleeding, might take a bit, then bandage and keep the bandages clean. Next time, be more careful with blades.

sharon j
Oh, that must hurt.
It seems deep, go to the hospital immidiatly or it may get infected.

Alli
Rating
go to the emergency room. if your blood isn't clotting, you need to see a doctor.

♥ Candice ♥
its called going to the EMERGENCY ROOM or calling 911 tell them that you won't stop bleeding are you anemic that would explain why you keep bleeding

shakensunshine86
Take a clean piece of cloth and apply pressure on the wounds. If the wound does not stop bleeding, go to a doctor to get stiches.

purplemonkey6662000
did you get in a fight with the knife? use a butterfly thing, or go to doctor, watch out for sharp objects. if bleeding persists, seek medical website.

Minipinmom
Rating
If applying pressure to the area doesn't stop the bleeding...get off the computer and go to the ER!

gutterflower.
Rating
pressure.

take a sterile gause pad and apply pressure with one or two fingers. do this for at least 15 minutes.

if you peel it off too early, it will re-open it and bleed more.

curious.. d you shave your chest? xD

hUskygUy
dude..it's very deep.. go to hospital and let the nurses clean your wound, it's risky if u only know..

Lori S.
You need to apply direct pressure
with clean cloth,
only change the cloth used when it is blood covered otherwise not.
I don't think there is much choice of whether you want to go to the hospital to get stitches.
The stitches will close the cuts
but this need to be done within 24 hours.

Trout Pout (Lollie)
this won't help you straight away, because I don't have first aid experience. however, I do have mental health experience...

you don't say where you have cut yourself, but you do say that you have done it many times before - which indicates to me, you are doing it on purpose.

your user name alone is a cry for help "bulimic ballerina"

I'm not at all judging you, but I am scared for you.

please, please, please see a counsellor. talking to someone about your problems (no matter how small you think they may be) can and will REALLY help you.

I'm sorry I cannot assist with helping your injury, but please feel free to email me if you want to talk about anything. check my profile for my email, I dont check that one all that often, but if you let me know it's you, I'll give you my real email address.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy