Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Y do so many people endanger themselves by asking people advice on here when they should see a doctor?

If someone drink some bleach, what the best thing for them to do?
my best just drink some bleach and now we dont kno waht to do, we gave her warm milk? plz im freakin out, she's sleepin over at my house with some other friends. plz!!! i dont waht anything to ...

I cut my thumb, and i'm not sure if it's infected.?
I cut my thumb a few weeks ago and almost took the tip off. I'm not sure if it's infected or if the skin is just kind of dying and being replaced. Any signs to help me tell if it is?...

I hurt my ankle :(?
(I'm not the owner of this acount my friend is).
Aboust an hour ago I was taking a shower & I had reached up to get my shampoo, when I fell. When I fell my right ankle got twisted ...

ANsWeR ThIs! eVeN If uR sTuPiD U nO tHe AnSwEr!?
What's the most embarrasing thing that has ever happened to you?...

Why young people smoke?

Got any tips for curing a cold quickly?
I've been drinking OJ for vitamin C but I have to get this out of my system by Thursday so any advice?
Additional Details
Oh ya and I have been taking Dayquil as ...

What is the best way to get rid of hiccups?

Any body out there no any cures for mild sunburn ?
Hi sat out in my back garden and foolishly left my shirt off for an hour, and I'm pink and a little sore on my chest and arms, Anybody know I can put on or do anything to releave the minor ...

Spider bite on my eye... ?
I have a very painful spider bite on my eyelid. My eyelid is completely swollen, and I can barely open it. There is no sore, and it happened while I was asleep, so I didn't see the creature ...

Was my drink spiked??
i had 4 drinks which i would normally be able 2 handle. about 20-30 mins aftr my 4th drink i felt extremely intoxicated. i had blurred vision, extremely bad balance, vomitting and kept falling asleep ...

Is butter good for burns?

My daughter got a piece of wood stuck on her foot. She doesn't let me take it out. What should I do?

Help i acsidently got crasy glu on my mouth how do i get it off?
my frend dared me to lick a pen that was dipped in crasy glu n now its stuck to my lips lol we tried jus rippin it off but it hurt ...

Why do you stay alive?
With all the crap in the world. Why do you keep going on?...

Would it offend you if (read details)?
Someone (or a few people) kept calling you anorexic or bulimic?
I have a "fan" club of girls that persistently say rude things to me, saying that I'm anorexic, or bulimic... when ...

Is this serious Bleeding?
I just used a power-saw, and I kinda had a accident and cut off my leg below the knee. Is this serious?
Additional Details
Yeah, i'm efeeling g kinda a duzzyy....

EX-SMOKERS: Please tell me by what method you were eventually able to quit. I desperately want to stop.?

What was the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
For me it was getting shocked by 3000 Volts...

Go ahead, surprise me....

Whats the best thing to do when your depressed?

Kelly O
Can you use rubbing alcohol on a small cut or scratch to clean it?
I know it will burn and there other alternative to using rubbing alcohol but is it safe to use for disinfecting.

Trini~Gurl
yes

exo
Yah!

tandkalexander
The very best thing to do is to wash the cut/scratch with soap and water, and if needed, apply an over the counter first aid cream and a bandaid. Never use peroxide, and there is no need to use alcohol. Hydrogen peroxide kills thriving tissue. DO NOT USE IT.

Kitty
Rating
yes of course rubbing alcohol is a great disenfectant!! you could also use whitch hazel

Just Me
Yes.

ozman
It will sting, but works

cowsrulecanada
Rating
Yes, it works very well in fact.

packers2188
You can def use rubbing alcohol to clean wounds thats what its made for.

ilovethenyy2007
yes from experience and what i have been taught that the best way to prevent infection.in that event see a doctor asap.

Jess
Rating
Yes it is safe to use alcohol. Alcohol swabs are used all the time in the hospital to clean incisions, sutures, staples, etc.

Push_mb20girl
yes i use it, it burns but it cleans it out good

Lisa
Rating
Yes, rubbing alchol is fine, I use that. My grandma would use Witch Hazel cause it hurt less :)

Jon S
Yes

Joyce M
Rating
Rubbing alcohol is fine in small amounts, but in general it is not that good for your body. It will sting terribly too. The best thing to do with a cut (got this directly from a nurse) is to wash it out with soap and water and then cover it with a bandage.

Chloe
Rating
You can but that is going to sting really bad the best stuff to use is peroxide

sunset
Rating
Peroxide will do the trick without burning.

SALSA
Rating
It's safe to use and will disinfect but why put yourself through all the torture with other products on the market.

turtle
yes...use hydrogen peroxcide, pour it on it will bubble up a little and clean it
you can also wash it really good and put on some neosporin to stop infection
these are my two tried and trues...you can use both at the same time after the peroxcide and it airs out, put on the neosporin and bandage it

drdisaia
Rating
Yes, you can use it, but don't use too much. It can dry out the wound excessively. If you use it, follow by dresing the wound with triple antibiotic ointment and clean gauze or a bandaid.

Jammin' On The One
Rating
Yes, use Hydrogen Pryodixe. I'm sure I spelled it wrong....it's H2O2. It works great, cleans the area and does not burn. It bubbles and fizzes too....pretty neat.

purple_lily76
Yes, it is safe but will hurt alot. You should really just wash the cut with warm water and soap, this will kill any bacteria present.

amazin'g
Yes, hydrogen peroxide is an antiseptic and doesn't burn. Also there are many first aid sprays you can buy that will clean it without pain. Good old soap and water works, too.

shamyrah t
Rating
yes, you can but it stings .what i think you should use is peroxide that will clean the cut better .

Daniel L
You can use rubbing alcohol to clean the general area but hydrogen peroxide is more effective at cleaning out the cut or scrape itself.

KOI
Rating
NO. I can't believe all these people are telling you yes!!! NO.

FROM WIKIPEDIA:

Alcohol pads - should not be used on open cuts or wounds, since they cause tissue damage and delay healing. They can be used to prep unbroken skin for injections etc. or to disinfect equipment such as thermometers. While not a medical use, alcohol pads are also useful as a solvent to remove ink, adhesives, etc.

my nursing instructor said this as well

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy