Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Should I be worried about a splinter?
I have a wee tiny splinter in my hand. I managed to dig out the bigger ones but this one is in too deep. Will my body take care of it?...

I just shot myself in the leg. Should I go to the hospital?

Additional Details
Yes someO, I was aiming for my head, but somehow I missed and hit my leg....

If you had one last word to say to someone before you die, what would it be?

Should i get my belly button pierced ?
im 13 is that to yung ? and can i do it my self ?...

Do you know what to do to releive Stress?
I am so stressed out lately and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do to releive my stress....

How do you get the itch out of Mosquitoe bites???

...HELP! I can't sleep!?
Usually I get 8-12 hours sleep.. I've been sleeping about 2 hours everynight. why do I just lay there awake.. even though I'm dead tired? any ideas? Thanks!...

I Have had a splinter for a long time How do I remove it?
Ok it might sound crazy but I have had a splinter for 6 years now and Its kinda bothering me..How do I remove it? Its like sort of deep...anyone know how or have any remedies?...

ANY good remedy for an ear infection ?

How many hours can a person stay awake?
How bout you? How long can you stay awake?
Additional Details
me? 2 days... when I was still an architecture student....

I have a friend who said she douches every other day ?
Am I doing something wrong I douche only after my monthly cycle?...

Can you use rubbing alcohol on a small cut or scratch to clean it?
I know it will burn and there other alternative to using rubbing alcohol but is it safe to use for disinfecting....

I want a flat stomach!?
My goal is to have a flat stomach and big booty and I've been on a diet and doing crunches as well but everytime I eat something it goes straight to my stomach but I'm not a big girl I'...

I can't help but sunburn HELP!!!?
I live in a very hot dry area. Natural selection clearly selected me for Germany but my stupid ancestors couldn't stay put. Now every time I step out my door I get burnt. I put on spf 45 and I...

How do you make yourself feel better when your sick?
If your sick what do you do to feel better. Come on and tell me ...

Can lack of sleep cause depression?

Additional Details
Not to sound arrogant or anything, but I would like more than a one word answer. :)...

Best ways to remove a splinter?
its on the palm of a hand and is hidden beneath the skin !...

Your opinions wanted....?
What would make you the happiest at this very moment? If you could be doing anything right now besides what your doing what would it be?...

How do I get this ring un-stuck??
I put on a ring on my index finger last night and now I can't get it to come off. It only hurts my finger when I try to pull it off but when I leave it alone it doesn't hurt, so it's ...

What do i do if i broke my hand?
I PUNCHED A WALL AND BROKE MY HAND NEAR MY PINKY FINGER...

firegal1979
Can u tan in a tanning bed if u are pregnant?

Aaron
Rating
You should think about your own health and your babys health, everyone thinks that using sunbeds are safe but they still have all the harmfull uva and uvb rays that the sun has, just in lower concentrations. if you were to use a spf with a factor 15 it would be ok, but that doesnt mean that you are safe from getting skin cancer. skin cancer can be one of the worst types of cancer because skin is the largest organ in the human body. the only safe tan is a fake one.

Chasity
You can tan in a tanning bed while pregnant, however, its really pointless, considering pregnant women are only "allotted" 5 minutes every three days, as tanning beds, MAY cause damage to the fetus, (Which has yet to be proved) The best thing I can tell you, is to forget the tan for now, the baby is more important, and if you need a tan lets say for a special event, and want to look good, use spray, it really is not fun, but it is safe, and worry free.

GG
No you cant tan when you are pregnant. They say you not even allowed to go in a hot tub when pregnant so of course you cant go in a tanning bed. That would be unhealthy .

redpeach_mi
Rating
You can, but you must be extremely careful. Women who are expecting should not raise they're body temperature to above 102 degrees or you run the risk for possible hyperthermic effects. You should limit your exposure to hot tubs, saunas, and fevers in early pregnancy.

adieu
Use that lotion from Jergens and skip the bed. your stomach will burn in the bed and your face will hardly be tan.

angie_forman
Rating
i wouldn't i have a tanning bed and i didn't when i was pregnet the doctor told me that it is really bad for the baby and it will change your skin color orange and also he told me to stay out of the sun as much as i can too because it will also make brown spots on your skin so if i was u i wouldn't and also stay out of the sun to.

hippyju
Rating
Don't do it, it's bad for your health, and for your skin, and definitely for your unborn child.

It's probably as bad as smoking when pregnant. Don't do that either.

OR drink alcohol, or take drugs when you are pregnant.

If in doubt SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR

COOKIE
I wouldn't either.
Why take the chance??
I wouldn't ask at the tanning salon for advise.
They don't know and would say anything for a sale.
Let's see, more important....
Healthy Baby??? or nice tan???
I'd go for the Healthy Baby. Lasts a lifetime..more satisfying and....you don't peel!!

Mrs. Rucker
i dont think its a good idea, if its something you need to question about usually its not good, if it was you would already know and wouldnt be on here.

new_booty_this
Rating
it would be best if you didn't do that

aggiebabe1
Rating
I wouldn't.

♥chess♥
ask a doctor... i would stay safe and not

╣China ♥ Doll╠
Rating
I'm not sure, I don't tan. Tanning in a tanning bed is unhealthy period. I doubt an unborn child would fare too well in a tanning bed.

Jen
Rating
noooooooooooooo are you crazy, just find a sunless tanning product there are lots out there that are good too.

BobcatChick
Can you? Yes
Should you? No

mentalcage
Rating
Of course! and then right when your baby is born, just put a cigarette in his/her mouth!

luvouhellen
Rating
I don't think it would be good for the baby,but check with your Doctor to make sure.

Silver Fox
I don't think so. It could cause damage to the baby. If U want to do it, why don't U do it just the natural way, taking some ray lights from the sun in appropriate hours.

seeking
please, don't do it! they sell self-tanning products that work. please don't.

blondyrenee
Rating
NOOOOOOOOO, THE RADATION CAN HURT/KILL THE INFANT!!!!!!!
I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT LAY UNTIL AFTER THE BABY IS BORN!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Sunshine
no, Just like you cannot get an xray while you are pregnant.

everything's eventual
NO!!!! Tanning beds are unhealthy for any one but using direct UV rays on your body while you are pregnant is a definite No-No!!!

curious me
Rating
No! Don't do it! I don't see how that could be safe for the baby in any way. It's not worth taking the chance. A pregnant woman gets her own special "glow" anyway, really. Your skin is going through enough changes (stretching, etc.) without adding any more stress or damage to it as well. I seriously think tanning in a tanning bed while you are pregnant can be unhealthy and dangerous for you and your unborn child, especially. I am sure that pregnancy is making you more beautiful and glowing than you realize. Enjoy your pregnancy, and Congratulations! (early).

Nurse Annie
Rating
While there is no evidence that a fetus is affected by its mothers' exposure to either the natural sun or indoor tanning equipment, a potential drawback to tanning during pregnancy may be the risk of the woman's body overheating. Pregnant women are cautioned to avoid prolonged sauna and whirlpool exposure due to the possible harm to the fetus from the rise in the woman's core body temperature. Core body temperature is the temperature of the blood as it is pumped from the heart, which normally ranges from 99 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Extended periods of sauna or whirlpool exposures or prolonged vigorous exercise may actually cause this temperature to rise. This rise in body temperature could result in developmental damage or possibly death to the fetus.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy