Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Help I've got poison ivy.?
Does anyone know of a good over the counter remedy?...

What's the best way to cure insomnia?

Are contact lenses scary?
I'm getting contact lenses but I think they're a bit scary. I mean, you like INSERT THEM INTO YOUR EYE or something! I really wanna get out of my glasses but I'm not sure if I'm ...

Why do blonds have more fun?
beacuse i have been a blond and a red and a black, but won i was blond i had more fun, WHY? plzzz help me find ...

Help! I grabbed the RECTAL Thermometer instead of the ORAL one and stuck it is my mouth...what should I do?

How do you get over a fear of ballons?
the fear of bangs like ...

How safe is the laser treatment for vision? Has anyone got it done?

What would happen if you totally ignored a severe case of gall stones?
First, please know that this is NOT our intention. I am only asking this question to find out what would happen {worst-case-scenario} if we did alternative treatment and it didn't work. I want ...

WHAT SHOULD i DO WHEN i CAN'T SLEEP?

Why is it my baby is super active all the time?

What would you do if you realize that you only have 3 years to live?

Do you prefer one ply toilet paper or 2 ply toilet paper? please explain?
And i would like detailed ...

Could a squishy kinda bump on the front part of my wrist be a pinched nerve?
on the left side of my wrist( back of the hand side) out of no where i got this squishy lil lump and it is slighly painfull but feels kinda tingly...pinched nerve?...

Please, quick! How do you treat a gun shot wound to the right shoulder?
Please hurry! Thank you!...

What is a healthy heart rate at rest?

How long does it take for a mosquito bite to go away?
I have one on my face, and have a couple dates coming up.
Help? Please and Thanks. =D...

Road rash...?
I recently fell off my bike and got a serious case of road rash on both my knees, shoulder and face. What are some ways to keep it from scarring..Should I put Band-Aides on it?...

What kind of bug bite is this?
it first looked like a mosquito bite at first. it bleeded a little bit but 2 days later (today) there is all this red around it about the size of a quarter. i live in ontario so what kind of bug do ...

Sunburn HELP!!!!!!???
i went to the tanning bed and my stomach got burnt and it itched REALLYYYYY bad!!! what can i do please help it itched worse than thing i have ever expeiranced!!!!...

Whats best for cleaning my eyeglasses?
I believe my lenses are plastic. I have tried one of those microfiber clothes and it gets rid of all smuges but it tends to leave behind a lot of dust and lint. I bought a cleaning solution spray ...

sweetsmile319
Can two parents with O positive blood produce a child with O negative?

wild cherry 69$$$
Rating
Now 2 be o POSITIVE n ur child is o NEGATIVE it could happen.Now it takes 48 chroms to make a baby u know that.Ur 24 n his 24.Well i have to tell how u can tell im an lvn but im at work so i have to teii u later i want 4get cha????????

jjbsdoll
Yes - I think it is the actual type (letter -in this case-O)that the parents pass on, not necessarily whether it is positive or negative. Here is a web link to a tutorial about blood types.

www.biology.arizona.edu/Human_Bio/ problem_sets/blood_types/inherited.html

Hallber
Yes they can. This is about the rhesus factor rather than the blood group. The same question was asked on the source site and this was the complete answer:

Each person receives an A, B, or O gene from each parent. In this system, the A and B genes are co-dominant and the O gene is recessive. Thus, a person whose genetic type is either AA or AO will have blood type A, those with genetic type BB or BO will have blood type B, and only those genetic type OO will have blood type O. This means that a child with type O blood could have parents with type A, type B, or type O blood (but not with type AB). Conversely, if two parents both have type O blood, all their children will have type O blood.

Another medically important blood type is described in the Rh system. These genes were first discovered in the rhesus monkey, hence the designation Rh. The Rh system is actually far more complex than the ABO system in that there are 35 different possibilities that one could inherit from each parent. These, however, are roughly grouped into positive and negative types. In this system the positive are dominant over the negative. If your genetic type is ++ or +-, your blood type will be Rh positive. Only if your genetic type is -- will you be Rh negative. This means that if both parents have Rh+ blood with the +- genes, they could have children who are ++, +-, or --. In other words, their children could be either Rh positive or Rh negative. Children who are Rh negative can have parents who are either Rh positive or Rh negative.

Two parents who have O positive blood could easily have a child who is O negative. In fact, most children who are O negative have parents who are positive, since the +- combination is so much more common than the -- combination.

As it turns out, there are more than a dozen complete blood group systems other than the ABO system and the Rh system. This makes great precision possible in looking at inheritance and family trees.

rickycool143
Rating
NO, for sure

Breanna
YES,definetly!! It happened to my freind.She was 100%faithful and the baby was hers.She talked to the hospital and they explained.It also happened with 2 of my mom's children.

ToMmYtErrIfIc
Yes. The Rh Positive gene is dominant, so if both parents were heterozygotes (Rh+/Rh-) there is a 25% probability of producing an Rh- (Rh-/Rh-) child. It's simple Mendelian genetics - if I spelled Mendelian correctly I'll be astonished.... I didn't, but spell check caught it...

azizah2minnie
Rating
i don't know bout that..my mum is A type..my dad is is O typed...but me and my sis is AB+ typed.....

LoneStar
Rating
Nope.

Brandon C
Rating
yes, the blood type is based on the genes of the parents, so there are 2 parts. being positive is a dominant trait and being negative is recessive. so the you also have to look at the grandparents. if one of them had both recessive genes and the other had postive, that would mean that one of the parents could have passed on the recessive gene and the other a dominant making that person be positive, but still able to pass on the recessive gene.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy