Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Help i cut my finger really deep!!!!!!!!!!?
i cut my pinkie a bit lower than the skin and its bleeding ever since..???
how can i stop it from bleeding?????...

What do you do when everybody hates you and you feel like commiting suicide and such?
someone just please suggest something that i can do to relieve all my stress and depression.... i would really appriciate ...

Do you sweat when you swim?

I'm going to attempt to quit smoking in 10 days.?
Should I warn people ahead of time, or just remove all sharp cutlery from my home?...

Help!!!! Quickly!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
I really need help! My sister just got stung by a bee on the lip! It's kinda inside her lip and she was riding her bike and the bee just flew onto her lip and stung it. It's all puffy and ...

Do aliens exist?

Ladies, what do YOU do to unwind or spoil yourself?
I love a big bowl of ice cream, peanut butter cup and a good movie depending on my mood! I also like to take drives and turn up the radio!...

Any good ways to stop smoking cigarettes?

Have you ever been stung?
By a bee or a ...

If i don't breath will i die?

Is sitting for a long time bad for you?

Is it easy to stop smoking?

Do you get liver pains when you drink alcohol?
I get a discomforting feeling in my upper right abdomen when I have had a few ...

I get a terrible headache if I don't drink coffee in the morning. Am I addicted to caffeine?

Did anyone miss me?
I'm feeling a little sick and I'm supposed to go to my gandparents place should I still go or should I stay home and stay in bed all day!...

Is there any cure for onion tears?

Shouldn't everyone face the face that eventually we are all going to die...?
I mean no person can live forever, and some people live there lifes sooooo stupidly where they never take risks and all of a sudden your old and u can't do the things u wanted to when yoru where ...

What does it mean when your urine is clear?
Is this good for you?...

What can be used to induce vomiting?
I have heard of Ipecac Syrup that is available in the US however, I am looking for any suggestions....

Serious question: my anus is bleeding?
my anus bleeds everytime i wipe it. even if i wipe softly it bleeds
i've put vaseline and triple antibotic
anyhelp?
Additional Details
o yeah, its itchy
and its ...

Say-What!?
Can i put regular lotion on a sunburn?
Got a sunburn but i dont have any Aloe vera, can i just use plani lotion? Or what else works good for a sunburn? ....ouch

TomTom
Rating
Go to a plant nursery and get yourself an Aloe Vera plant.

They're super easy to grow and anytime you get a sunburn or burn yourself on the stove or something you just go to your aloe plant and break of a leaf and rub the gel on the burn.

Works great and it's always fresh and ready to use.

andy
use noxema its the best

chs200619
Rating
i dont see why not,......sure

athenry19741983
Rating
PABA,real name para amino benzoic acid which is available from health food stores ,take the tablets in conjuction with Aloe Vera plant from which you cut off 2 inches of leaf and cut in half exposing as much flesh of the plant as possible rubbing the goeey liquid straight onto your skin gently and you will be able to cope.There was a guy at Eastway cycle racing circuit in London on thursday wearing full lenght tights because he was burnt,i said take this and that and youll be fine showing him both bottles.He said "thats good" but he wouldnt use it.He lasted about half an hour and had to give up.i find most people dont want a cure ,they prefer to pain

onehuck2011
sure

aprilrain
Rating
you really should try to pull the heat out. I have used vinegar,then aloe Vera to moisturize

PuterPrsn
Make sure your lotion doesn't contain any alcohol - that will make it worse! Take a tea bath - soak with about 20 tea bags as long as you can stand it, then slather on a thin layer of vaseline if you don't have any aloe vera.

thedudeman22787
no it will actually make the burn worse

sailor_chronos
Noxzema cream or Solarcaine spray are good for taking the pain away. Keep the area covered until it heals and try not to get sunburned again. Every time you get sunburned increases your risk of skin cancer later.

klavoie
Honey, take the lotion and put it in the freezer for a while. This will make you feel a little better. My mother did it for my sunburn a few years ago.

sstooc2001
if u got nothing, lotion still works

mydogclyde
you can use regular lotion to keep the sunburn moist & to keep it from peeling, as for pain I think the absolute best thing is Aveeno, it is normally used for chicken pox to heal & soothe.All it is, is crushed oatmeal which means you can use reg. oatmeal, just put either one into a warm bath and soak yourself for about 20 minutes.I came by this when my son was 8 yrs. and his teacher babysat for me and took him to the beach, I had put sunblock in his bag but she never put it on him! He was FRIED!I had some Aveeno and put it in the tub and just kept pouring pitchers full of the water over his back and arms. Surprisingly it was barely pink in a half hour.It kept him from getting sun poisoning or going to the emergency room.

papa bear
most any skin lotoin will sooth,soften and releive the pain,,plus you will smell so pretty--lol.just joking,good luck....

samantha_19922010@sbcglobal.net
Rating
yes u can but it wont help at all...get aloe vera gel...or anything with sunburn decreaser in it..

hey_yea_sup
Rating
no you can go to a drug store and get a lotion and/or cream that will take away the pain and the color/redness fast and a regular lotion will not do that. and if the lotion is sented it can hurt you burn!(trust me)

a_rivers1968
Rating
I wouldn't recommend it. The alcohol and fragrances in plain lotion will set you on fire (ok, not literally, but you will feel like you are!).

ksntwb@sbcglobal.net
Vinegar- its what my parents used on us kids when we were younger

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rating
Some regular lotions can burn and make things worse....

Aloe is the best, but if you dont have any, try rubbing some butter on the burn....yes, butter.

And get to the drug store to find some aloe gel...very soothing.

Eagle
yes that will work

mjstwin0405
no use vinegar

Jason
Rating
You could use regular but it will provide very little relief for the burn.

whirlwind_123
I wouldnt recommend it, you shouldnt put grease on a burn. White vinegar works great and the smell goes away quickly.
Noxema as someone else suggested is good too, stay away from the grease.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, August 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy