Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Bee stings help!?
hi, i just got stung by a very very big bee, probably around 2 cm to 3cm long, tried to kill it with a thick tissue, eventually it stung through my finger and its really really painful, i just got ...

What part has the protein, the egg white or the yolk??

Why people like coffee more than tea?
Why people like coffee more than tea?...

Do you have any tips for faster healing of skin wounds? (Scratches, cuts, etc.)?
My skin is very sensitive and scratches very easily. This, combined with the fact that I'm sort of clumsy, means that my hands are always full of red, sore scratches. Paper cuts take weeks to ...

What can cause your lower legs and ankles to swell?

What can i do?
What can i do about a bee sting? I got stung yesturday on my arm. My whole arm is swollen and it hurts real bad. I don't have any Medical Ins so if anyone knows any home remedies please let me ...

Is it healthy to drink tea daily?

I need people to vote here please on one specific answer?
what do you think the most effect that pushes teens to get malnutrition diseases?
a. our community poeple we live with
b. the modern society
c. the person himself(his low self esteem)...

Is it normal to have severe bruising after bloodwork?

What can i do to cure my ear affection?

I just swallowed my chewing gum...what should i do?

Why humans have white hair?

Pass drug tests tips?

Additional Details
I smoked some pot 30 days ago, and I have to take a drug test now, I am very casual smoker, and don't smoke cigarretts... Thanks for the ...

Why do i suddenly feel an urge to smoke after 2 months of stopping?
i am 20 years old male guy,i used to smoke for 4 years,but i stopped from 2 or 3 months now with no irritability or nervousness but only some withdrawal symptoms that passed away and i thought that ...

Can you do first aid and how old are you?
I can and I'm 13...

When you bleed. what cells rush to the wound or cut and help stop the bleeding?

Trouble sleeping?
lately, i have had trouble sleeping. i work until 10, and go to bed around midnight. i feel tired, but am so restless.some nights i wake up 2 or more times. then i usually get up around 6 or 7 the ...

I cut my finger and my blood is orange!!??
UMG

I was cutting the grass and I cut my finger off and the blood was orange like an orange!!!

Am i Iron man???!!! Plz plz HELP HALP HULP HLP HOLP HILP!!!!!
Additional D...

A doctor said I should eat more garlic, but when I do, it 'sticks' with me for the day. Any advice?
I have been told the garlic pills are worthless because the enzymes are dead, and that's where the benefit is?

I brush my teeth, gargle with mouth wash, and nothing helps. It really ...

Should I take her to the emergency room for stitches?
My 9 year old daughter cut two of her toes today at summer camp. I cleaned both wounds and bandaged them, but on of the cuts is continuing to bleed, it is about one inch wide and it looks somewhat ...

Edward
A spider web can stop bleeding??
Can a spider web heal a wound ...(at least stop bleeding)
by covering the wound ~ ??

GINGERLAD123
Rating
it surely cant work, the webs are to thin and to small plus youll probably get infected.

stick with a plaster

random
Rating
i dont no i dont think any1 has ever thought of tryin it
its a bit stupid
what wrong with a plaster or bandage

Tink
Yuck. I dont think so.

Maria
eughhh what planet are you on?!

silvey b
Rating
I wouldn't think so.
We are too large for spiders webs. better with sticking plaster.

k
eeew no thanks!

JB
Rating
ROT1711 is right, but it will be a lot easier to find a gauze pad or large bandaid than a web large and thick enough to help.

Dink
Rating
I have also heard of this ,but I'm too scared of spiders to give it a try!

Lulubelz
Thats very odd!! I have never heard that before...but I wouldn't have thought so no!

General Lee
I would sooner bleed out,than put spider web on me,
thay give me the creeps friggin horrible little monsters.

Emjeadea
probably as like for like spiders web is stronger and more flexible than steel so if you could get get the spider to do this im assuming it would work

Luv Me 4ever
Rating
I don't think so

George
i might... but who knows?

dr h lecter
Rating
i was ready to say no as i heard somewhere that it was a old warrior folklore thing and it only serves to infect but if rott says so then i suppose it is.

also - apparantly people used to try and get a dog to lick a wound too, supposedly it speeds up healing.

bigdirtydave
If you could get a dense enough web, probably yes; in fact a new material is coming out that is based on a spiderwebs structure to do just that.

However, currently, your best option would be to get a bandaid of course, but I prefer a papertowel for small to medium cuts, because it will allow oxygen to the wound as it bleeds out a little and then clots.

For anything bigger, get a t-shirt and apply it to the wound with steady handheld pressure. Get a phone, dial 911.

Kinekie
Rating
I have no idea but have no reason to believe this is the case. Use something clean to mop up the blood and apply pressure to it.

rott1711
Rating
Yes, absolutely.
When I was a child my father, who was a builder, often didn't have access to first aid such as plasters etc.

A spiders web will stop capilliary bleeding by giving the blood's clotting agents something to 'hold on' to and speeds the sealing of the wound, thereby preventing possible infection.

It works very well, you have to find a new web as older ones trap dust particles and other contaminants.

Of course a deep or heavily bleeding wound requires a more modern approach but as a 'survivalist' method, spider webs are better than nothing!

So although some may find it distasteful, I'd rather a web than an infection! :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy