Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Good leg exercises?

I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little ...

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

What is the best way to slim down?

Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Is there way way I can lose weight fast?
I need to lose around 5-7 pounds. I'm 5'5'' and 118 pounds. People say I'm skinny but I have a little pouch around my stomach and I hate my thighs. I don't want to be ...

What's healthier Pepsi or Coke?
Between just Pepsi and Coke, which of the two is healthiest to drink. Niether of them are, but which is better. It's hard to tell, because they both have their highs and lows, and sometimes in ...

Weight help!!!?
Hi I am 12 years old, five foot 4 and I weigh 140 lbs and maybe even more. You dont have to tell me that I am overweight because I already know I am. But I just cant stop eating. I dont feel hungry ...

How can i gain weight? :/?
i'm 13 right now. 5'2 & 85 lbs. i get called names like anorexic, a human toothpick, and this one time, a guy was like do you eat? & i'm really tired of it. and even my family ...

Question!?
How much a day should I be runninf if i wanna loose 30 pounds in 4 months?...

What would be an unhealtily low weight for my height?
ie: losing periods, losing muscle mass, general bad health?
I'm 5'7 and 110 ( so dont worry im not underweight or anything) but just wondered at what weight i would be underweight....

Am i fat? Details included...it seems..all my fat goes to one place?
I am a 14 year old girl...who plays alot of sports....including basketball (Top scorer for 3 years straight). ....i weight 118 on good days...123 on bad days. it seems..my arms are pretty thin.......

Dirty Dave
Would it be harmful/dangerous to do a 24 hour fast/not eating?
want to get people to sponsor me to raise money for charity.
This would be a difficult challenge personally ! but its a more orginal idea than sponsored silence or something.

What would the side affects be?? dizzyness, light headed, pass out??

Sakura
no.
but u will get distracted

cutiepiejessrox
Rating
lol ull be fine. might beed nausueas and such just eat alot the day before
and drink lots of water. i find water makes me feel full when i think im hungry ;) goodluck.

Bella M
Rating
as long as you drink water you will be fine.

David C
No. Mormons do it once a month unless they are on medication that makes it unwise. They do it for religious reasons,specifically to get closer to the Lord, but it works nicely as a clinical fast. Just go for two meals without eating and you've got it. You may feel a little light headed but I wouldn't worry about it.

Caleb999
drink enough water and try some slightly thicker liquids and you should be fine! he he

Bart S
Your body can go up to 48 hours safely and healthily without food, so long as you drink plenty of liquids. A complete fast (no food or drinks) should not last longer than 12 hours.

ME
Rating
people do it during Ramada all the time

oosnowbubblezoo
Rating
depending on your blood sugar, but you could always just drink sugar water. I always get dizzy when i fast. but as long as you drink water i think you'll be good. And when your done fasting start eating slowly dont just go eat a stake the first day your back.

Heidi's Mummy
No not 24 hours, just make sure you drink plenty of water.

Apparently it is actually good for you to do this very ocassionaly as it clears everything out.

Good Luck
Kez x

timmy j
Rating
if you sleep 8 hours still thats only 16 without eating. and no thats not harmful at all. I'm an ex-anorexic and I ate 1 tomato in 2 days one time. And had 1 gatorade in 1 and 1/2 days one time too. It's not good for your body at all because it burns all your good fats first really you can start to feel your chunks then you just wanna lose more and you finally get it off but you have 0 muscle and you feel emaciated and it took me 2 years to get back to the same weight that I was before after losing 25lbs. AHEM BUT as for a period of 24 hours, that is fine, just try and eat a regular diet after, dont start binge eating, keep 3-5 whole meals spaced evenly. If you eat a large meal the night before I can easily go until 7 at night the next day without being too hungry, after that its a battle but you'll make it, you'll wanna eat right after though haha

violetangel
Rating
Unless you are diabetic I doubt if it would be dangerous to fast for 24 hours.

It is very important that you drink water frequently though.

If you are sensitive to some foods that you usually eat you may get a headache. This is because your body is detoxing fast and the toxins are not being eliminated. plenty of water will help with this.

You would only get dizzy if your blood sugar level was out of balance. If you usually crave sweet things each day then you have a good chance of having a blood sugar problem.

If you have the time and want to be bothered, I suggest you go on a gentle detox first before you do the fast.

If you think you have a blood sugar problem or may be sensitive to some food check out http://mercola.com and search for advice on any symptoms you have.

Also check out the detox products in your local health food store.

United
No, you will be fine, but make sure you drink a normal amount of fluids and don't burn too many calories, eat alot of fruits veggies for nourishment the day before. You can always cheat...bill bellicheck did it...and not even for a good cause.

bugaboo
Rating
No, but you must drink.. 24hours isn't that long..

Jopesh
It won't kill you, but you could get dizzy and feeling sick if you don't have a good healthy meal before you start fasting.

Also, when you do fast, make sure you drink lots of water, it keeps you feeling less hungry, and keeps you hydrated.

Oh, and don't, whatever you do, chew on chewing gum, it makes your brain think you are eating, but nothing is going in, so makes you really hungry.

andylau
it not harmful or dangerous at all!! i even do it in 48 hours!!

♥Mystery♥ ♥Girℓ♥
Rating
Quite possibly dizziness and being light headed. But that's really nice of you!

zini
No you'll be fine so long as you drink water throughout the day. I did a 3 day fast for charity and was fine.

If your worried about going hypoglycaemic- dont- the body knows how to manage its blood glucose fine without food intake.

ph84
You might feel a bit tired but it won't be harmful.

loopy
drink plenty of water or sleep most of time you will be ok

Jess
No it is not dangerous, although if there is any history if diabetes or hypoglaecemia in your family i would check with your doctor first.
Our bodies are designed to withstand such things, you could go longer than that but i would not advise.
I think it is a fantastic idea to raise awareness, i did the 40hour famine every year of high school to raise money for charity, i got through it by drinking LOTS of water and having the occasional butterscotch lolly (this is allowed in sponsorship rules)
the lollies occasionally are good for you during something like this as sugar is needed for brain function.
Hope this helps

EDIT--
further to the gum comment above me. I would also advise you to NOT chew gum, chewing gum does tell your body that you are eating, this leads your body to produce gastric enzymes to break down the food your body is expecting, this can lead to a very sore stomach and in extreme cases can lead to ulceration of the stomach lining

Stuart
Rating
It would not be harmful for 24 hours.

Side effects? You'd be hungry.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy