Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I fat????
im 13 years old and i weight 117 pounts
is that normal? am i overweight? pleeeezz tell me!!!
Additional Details
oh and im a girl, ...

Am I couch potato???
I spend about 4-5 hours a day watching TV, playing video games, or on the computer during the week.
On weekends I spend about 8-9 hours a day doing this.
I consume 4000-5000 calories a day.T...

My BMI, am i over wieght?
I am about 5'1 , 32 D bra size, size 3 pants and 123 pounds..am i over weight?...

Why is it some people are skinny even without exercising? I even see them eat more than what I eat?
I am doing exercises and eat less but still overweight?...

Help Me loss 20 pounds?

Ok, I NEED HELP! Please! I want someone who know facts and who can help me.?
And I don't want any crap like "Your body goes into starvation mode and you get fat."

I'm 14 years old, 5'5", and weigh 130 lbs.

How can I lose ...

Hi, Im 14 years old and 5 foot 3 inches do you thing that is short for a 14 year old?

I weigh 100 pounds and need to lose 50 pounds by tomorrow! what can I do?

How many push ups a day would i have to do to add on 5 pounds of muscle to my arms in 1 month?
how many push ups would i have to do to add on 5 pounds to my arms in 1 month and how many crunches would i have to do to subtract 2 inches from my waist?...

I just realized I gained 239 pounds in a two year period. How did it sneak up on me??

I am 13 and i am 5foot 4 and i weigh 160. am i fat?
i just want to ...

Why do my friends always say that I am fat?
I weigh a 129 lbs and I am 5'3. I My measurements are 38'27'39.
My friends say that this large and always talk about how big I am. I am 18 yrs and I know I should not let this get ...

How do i motivate my gf to reduce weight?
my gf's put on a few (more than few actually) extra pounds, how do i motivate her to reduce weight without offending her?...

What are some good natural ways to stay awake in class without using drugs?
No drugs or caffeine....

I don't think I'm anorexic, But...?
I'm really self conscience with the way I look, And constantly I look in the mirror and can't stand how fat I look.
I feel like I have The biggest stomach, especially after I eat.

How can you lose weight WITHOUT exercise?

Does starving your self work?
ok i weigh 130 pounds and im 5'8 i want to weight 100 pounds is that unhealthy and how do i lose weight and im 12...

How does one effectively quit smoking?
i have tried twice and the first time i quit it lasted just about a month or os...then the second time around 3 days..i've been smoking for 3 years now and im only 19..turing 20 on july 26.....

Am I too skinny?
I am 5 ft 2in and i weigh 93 lbs. I am a very active person and I love eating fruit! I'm healthy and I also have muscle on me from dance but i know that i am thin. I am naturally thin but am I ...

When did you last walk over one mile?
I did yesterday....

Kristen C
Would a 600 calorie a day diet help me to lose weight?
I exercise a lot too, and if I eat 600 cals a day, would I lose weight? If so, how much and how quickly?
Additional Details
By the way, I'm 12 years old.
I'm 85. and a half pounds now

bella
Rating
Yes you would and at quite a fast rate but not recommended as youll feel like crap. Do 1000 cals minimum.

badmintongurl
Rating
sounds like you need help, you might be developing anorexia, and i would seek counseling... im sure that your weight if fine, so i would stop dieting and just exercise. as long as you eat a healthy and well balanced diet, you should not worry about what you eat.

iMPeRFeCTiONxx9
Rating
OMG, DONT

The regular is 2000.

600 could literally kill you.

plzzz dont try that.

Steve
Very bad idea. Stick to 1200-1500 a day (which is easy if you leave out meats and fatty foods). Exercise daily - enough to get out of breath tired.

600 calories a day will cause long term damage to your body - plus it will teach you body to conserve the calories that you consume. This means faster weight gain in a "normal" diet.

Angela Q
Rating
Depending on your willpower, you would lose weight fast before you suddenly got so hungry you'd eat enough so you put it all back on and more.

☼ωΑκєβΘΑяĐ ŞϋмΜέя☼
Rating
Ta-Zu is RIGHT! eating only 600 calories would help you GAIN WEIGHT!! please dont!

J.A.K. <3
Rating
okay well first let me tell you that's a very very unhealthy diet. you won't be getting the proper nutrition and you will likely get very sick. doing something like that can actualy mutate into an eating disorder. your best bet is to eat healthy foods and do plenty of excersice (no too much though)

amanda d
Rating
THAT IS WAY 2 LESS FOR U TO LOOSE WEIGHT! MABYE A 1050 OR SOMETHING BUT U WILL FAINT IN THE MIDDLE OF DOING SOMETHING! U WILL GET SICK!

Jay L
that is a starvation ration. Even the people in the Nazi slave labor camps got more than that.

Don't starve yourself

Keira C
Rating
You'd feel very weak and your body would probably start burning muscle mass in lieu of fat (which defeats the purpose of dieting) because burning muscle will provide more energy for the body than burning fat. It's all about survival mode.

tom4bucs
Rating
NOPE - final answer

you will put your body into STARVATION mode
and you could prolly GAIN weight - as it has realized the need to conserve resources to survive (the basic instinct)

better solution -
•send $19.95 to - - - -- -just kidding
first start with the handy dandy calorie counter
to see what your daily needs are
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

now subtract 15% of those calories and set your diet plan

add 30 minutes of walking 5 days a week
make sure your drink your water (1/2 oz per pound a day)
(+ 8 oz for every 25 lbs over weight)

and when you plateau out - recheck you weight and calories
with the handy dandy Mayo Clinic tool (trusted name)
and reset 15% less again

It did not go on fast - so it will not come off fast
BUT - the tortoise won the race!!

all the best

chelsea
Rating
Actually you'll prolly lose more weight if you eat more. Ironic right. You see if you are eating too little, your body begins to store the food for energy, which you'll need because you are not eating enough. Just eat more, and keep excersicing and you'll start losing weight.

babebabebabeabababebababebabeba
Rating
yes, but only temporarily! That isn't enough calories to keep you healthy and as soon as you eat more than that, your body will turn everything you eat into fat for the next time you starve it. So yes it will work for awhile, but you will end up worse off in the long run! You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day to keep healthy and loose weight in a slow manor that you can KEEP OFF!

Kelly W
There are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. So every 3500 calories you cut out you will lose a pound. But 600 calories a day is too dramatic as you shouldnt aim to lose more than 3 pounds a week.

TheBeann
Rating
No, you will actually begin to gain weight eventually. If your body does not get enough calories over a sustained period (generally, 1200 or more depending on your body size), it goes into 'starvation mode' and your metabolism will actually slow down significantly. Those 600 calories would turn into zero weight loss.

Keep your calories reasonable, eat frequently (small meals), eat healthy foods, and exercise. THEN you will lose weight.

Sugar
After the third day...you would not have energy to eat. You need around 2000 to 2100 calories a day.

ZUES
Rating
An average person consumes about 2000-3000 calories a day. A safe diet would be 75 percent of that but calories is not the major factor in what makes you gain weight. Fat consummation is what you should be concerned about. I know you have and will probably here this from everyone and their mothers but eating healthy (food with little or no fat) and good exercise (30 minutes - 1 hour a day) will probably be enough. Find an activity that is fun for you that will result in cardio like basketball, jogging, biking, etc. Even walk to school or park a little further when you go to the store and squeeze out a few extra calories. Believe me, they add up quick.

It is not a problem to consume fatty foods but that will just mean that you will have to exercise more to work away the fat. So a bacon cheese burger is fine but you would have to be on a treadmill for about an hour or two to get rid of all the fat that was contained in that burger.
Like everything else in life moderation is key, fat is energy in reserve (everyone needs fat in one form or another to survive).

The reason why I know this is I too have lost weight through quick extreme diets just to see it all back in a few weeks. I have found that one must slowly work themselves into a healthy life style habit a few pounds at a time.

I don’t know if this helps you but it worked for me. Please, please do not eat just 600 calories a day, you will get very sick.

thumpfrosty
yes but this seems extreme

rachelo
as long as you burn more than 600 calories but i would reccomend eating at least 1200.

isk84life
Rating
dont die from starvation! you can have more calories than that. the exersize is the important thing .

♥kelseybaby, yadigg?
Rating
that's wayyy unhealthy.

eat less, move more.

it's pretty much that simple.

narayan1121
You would lose probably 3-4 pounds per week, which is actually unhealthy. Ideally, you should eat 500 calories less than you burn for safe weight loss, which is roughly 1 pound per week.

KK
Rating
A healthy caloric intake per day is approximately 1500-1800 when exercising. A meager 600 calories is unhealthy and dangerous for you. Eat moderate portions, get a good amount of protein, eat every 2-4 hours (this keeps your metabolism strong), and drink a lot of water.

Be smart and you should lose weight in a healthy way.

Melissa2323
Rating
You would get very, very sick.

WhizKid
Rating
Counting calories will make you fat and depressed. But isn't that what most Americans do? Yes and most Americans are fat and depressed but it is good for the economy. Thin and happy people are not good for the economy.

There is a lot of bad information out there. It has made America the fattest society ever. But it makes food companies and diet companies rich. Learn why black coffee, lean meat and non-fat yogurt are so fattening. The book, Intuitive Eating, says "If you tell yourself that you can't or shouldn't have a particular food, it can lead to intense feelings of deprivation that build into uncontrollable cravings and, often, bingeing." Nourish your body thin, instead of starving it fat. Learn the fastest way to lose weight.

Never cut carbs, fats and calories. Eat foods made by nature, not man-made foods designed to make you fat and addicted to food. Which has more calories: a plain potato or one with a healthy fat like olive oil? The latter. Which is more fattening? The former. How can this be? The fat slows down the calories going into the blood (see glycemic load and glycemic index) making it less fattening. It is not about how many calories but how fast they enter the blood. But plant foods have fiber. Fiber provides no calories, is filling and also slows the calories entering your blood.

http://www.phifoundation.org

gke71
Rating
600 calories is not enough. Aim for a 1200-1500 calorie/day diet plus exercise. You will lose weight without being hungry.

Try and split your food up into smaller portions and eat more often (so like 1 cup ever 2 hours or so) .. then you will keep your metabolism burning and this will also help.

Dave87gn
Rating
you'll probably get sick

Ta-Zu
hardly.
you're not eating enough.
sounds odd, but when you don't eat enough, you'll gain weight.

tamrn02
You would actually GAIN weight while your body goes into starvation mode....storing fat to save up. Best thing to do is stick around 1400 calories and exercise.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Terms of use - Privacy Policy