Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I lose weight for a wedding in 54 days, I am the Matron of Honor?
I need to loose 20 pounds or more for a wedding in June, I was just asked to be the maid of honor this afternoon, help!!...

Are eggs good or bad for you?
How often can you eat them?...

How can I lose 50 or more pounds in 1 month?
I do not do well with swallowing pills so those are out of the question. I do not wish to have stretch marks and drooped skin once I do lose the weight. How can I go about this?...

I'm 15 and 5'8" tall. Is that really tall for my age?!?

Need Help Losing Weight and Keeping it Off?!?!?
I know I know. I'm asking this question again because last time I asked I didn't get that many answers and the answers didn't really help me.
Ok so I'm trying to lose 4 ...

Do you think I am fat???
i am a 13 year old girl and i already weigh 165 pounds, i am about 5'6", am i over weight, here are some pictures of me
http://i225.photobucket....

Do you think you are fat?

How can Cheese Pizza be that bad for you?
Now I know pizza is considered a high fat food. And I understand with pepperoni and other meats on it, it becomes greasier. However what about just plain cheese pizza? Cheese may have fat but it is ...

What is a good healthy snack to eat in the middle of the day?
i'm trying to start eating more healtier before school starts and get in shape. And i get hungry between the normal 1 o'clock time i eat lunch and dinner. Latley i've been eating ...

What's your height, weight and age?
Just ...

OMG! I just ate a huge bag of potato chips! What should I do?

Fat or thin?
i am taking a survey and i want to know if you would either want to be fat or thin....

HELP I ate pinto beans and now have horrible gas, how can I get rid of this? Please don't laugh!!?

IS it safe to eat nail polish?
please only answer if you know for sure. i don't need ignorant people scaring me for no reason....

Be honest... Do you think I'm big for my age?
I don't think I'm fat but I'm concerned that maybe I should be a little bit less. Please don't tell me to get over myself or anything like that. My mother weighed 115 pounds when ...

I am to skiny at least that is what my family says?
what should i eat to gain weight

im 10 years old 5 feet tall and 45 ...

Lose weight please help me.
Ok ive asked questions about losing weight a lot and all i get is your perfect the way you are and hippie junk so I am asking nicely please help me lose weight I want you to know ive spent the past 3 ...

I am too fat?
im 27 year old and i weigh 70 pounds and my family keeps telling me too loose more weight cause im too fat. and there really getting annoying! so i am too fat?

thanks, Angie
A...

Is 5'8 a bad hight for a girl?
only 14...

When you open a bag of chips, how much do you eat?
I felt really bummed today so I ate half a bag of chips (the bag was 235 g). Now I feel terrible and I am disgusted with myself.
SO, my question is... When you eat a bag of chips, how much do ...

tulip
Why is it easier to gain WEIGHT than to loose it?

bouncer bobtail
Rating
Positive and negative reinforcement.

It is basically down to the bodies pain and pleasure responses.

Every positive thing you do has an associated pleasure response. EATING, exercising, going to the toilet, making love, etc all feel good. These pleasure responses have the effect of making us want to do the good thing more and more.

Every negative thing you do has an associated pain response. STARVATION, OVER-EXERCISING, bruising, scratching , etc all feel bad. The pain reponses make us want to do the bad things less and less.

So if you want to lose weight don't go on a low calorie diet or an over the top exercise program because they will make you feel bad and you will fail. Instead do a good comfortable amount of exercise. You will enjoy it more and more, and you will succeed.

Muhammad Saleem U
Rating
Our body system is like that,. it dump all the energy and cloistral in the body unless burnt out by physical exercise. Once it is dumped in the body it is very difficult to get rid of it.

sufianomilano
not 4 me!!!!! im differnt

nbaallstar1o1
i'm the opposite. i'm trying to gain weight, but i don't. so it just really matters to u and how u eat and exercise, etc.

Friendly-Girlie
Rating
still struggling to gain weight here ........... but it is unfortunately just the way we are made to be so unique...everything has its down sides. JUST BE HAPPY WITH YOU AS YOU ARE.....BIG OR SMALL.....

Soup Dragon
Rating
I can gain weight just thinking about food. If you can't gain weight (like my husband) then you may have a thyroid disorder and should get checked out at the doctors. It only requires a blood test to find out. But as for losing weight, well you need to boost your metabolism by exercising etc. Mmm.... hard tho isn't it. Hope this helps and have a nice day.

eikyuu1022
Rating
For some, it is actually more difficult to gain weight than to lose it.

Some people have slower metabolisms. While this was useful in the ancient times, when food could be scarce, it's not so useful now. Food is so plentiful and so calorie-rich now (think, one little Twinkie has 150 calories. Eat the whole package and you've got almost a meal's worth of calories,) that it's easy to inhale thousands of calories in one day!

Those who have trouble keeping the weight off should work on building a little muscle mass, eating less unhealthy fats, and eating more healthful foods. Surprisingly, those who have trouble gaining weight should do the same thing, except they need to eat more of the healthy foods (for example, instead of five servings of veggies, seven).

linz78
Rating
because if you have a slow metabolism you just have to look at a piece of cake and pile on the pounds. Also everything except fresh air seems to have massive calories lol

Serena
Everyone is different. I gain weight easily, but my sister doesn't. My husband loses weight easily, but I don't.

Zune- Spanks the Ipod!
because losing weight requires more effort. You can weight by eating and doing nothing.

Razzle
Rating
Gaining weight can be a real struggle... Ive struggled for most of my adult life and as a bloke its horrible being a weedy looking guy!

Ive tried so many ways..eating 6 meals a day, 12 eggs a day,powders,protein shakes,muscle build almost everything you can think of and nothing worked!

I think you need to look at your family (nans and grandads also) if any of them were really slim when they were your age them maybe your going to take after them.
Assuming you do want to put on weight that is?????

be warned tho...i was 9st until i was 36...now im 38 and a wobbly 14st and on a diet...sods law i think its called.

As long as you like the person you are..then weight isn't that important.

jackalyn
Rating
its the same either way it only seems harder to loose,but just as quick as you gain it you really can loose it

Debbie O
Rating
Because calories are the most delicious things on this planet and i WANT LOTS OF THEM....

aLSO EXERCISE IS REALLY BORING...

Jimmy Ng
Not for me, it's harder to gain.

hesterthehester
Rating
Because eating more and exercising less is always easy.. Eating less and exercising more is hard..

Deet dee dee
-HtJ

dancindiva
Rating
when u r eating, u r not conscious of your weight gain, in other words, your not trying. but when u r trying to loose, u r conscious and u r trying....really hard.

Anamia
Because each lbs is 3500 calories its easier to eat that than burn it.

Hope that helps!!

xx

B A
Rating
When you work less & eat oilly foods & sweet you will gain the weight but burning the colostrol & fat from your body opps you really need hardwork i lost 20 bounds in 3 months with hard work , when you are loosing your weight you need to control oilly foods, you should have more fruits.

cheri h
Rating
just is

Astrid C
because all you need to do to gain weight is eat, but to loose weight you have to cut calories and fat and carbs and do exercise.

to all those peole out there saying it's hard to gain weight, well maybe you should spend a week with me cos it's rly not hard

jjjjjjjjj
Rating
Because when you gain weight you accumulate more fat cells, which are easy to gain but difficult to lose. Usually the fat cells will get smaller rather than actually leaving your body, so they don't need much to expand in size again.

alicia
its easier to sit there and eat than to portion and eat less but the food that your eating has alot of calories and stuff that will make you gain weight its harder to lose it becuase the stuff you ate becomes part of your body and is spread out everywhere thats why its good to work out every week so you dont gain much and help out your metabolism (which is another reason why people gain and lose weight)

mrbatfink
Rating
Because burgers and bacon taste good and veg tastes like... well veg...

afrodite917
it totally depends on the body, your body wants to hold on to fat because it is a precious resource. you litterally have to trick your body into getting it off. It keeps it because it is a precious source of energy, it saves it for later.lol

ken p
Rating
DONT YOU REMEMBER ME LYING ABOUT IN OLD AMSTERDAM IN THE SPRING TO FAT TO CARRY YOU TULIP

batzy_batgirl
Rating
yes ! definetely!!! i could watch a chocolate cake and gain pounds! to lose it you ll have to cut out calories which is usually inthe best foods! and work out-

lola b
everyones bodies are different.

Mel
Rating
It's is easier to gain weight because yoiu dont have to do anything just laze around even if you eat same stuff will gain weight. To loose weight you have to be active which requires effort which makes it more difficult.

Brian Da Dog
It requires discipline to lose weight. To gain weight you just do what you want.

HooliganGrrl
Rating
Because gaining weight requires very little effort, and chocolate is yummy.

Dieting and working out is a lot harding than sitting on your @ss on the couch, and celery isn't nearly as tasty.

shake4me
Nice question. Why is it easier make people cry than laugh?
That's the (wrong) way we're made.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy