Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i overweight?

Best answer is 10points...please help?
i have a huge butt and i just want it to shrink
is there anything i can do to lose wieght off of it and pleasee dont answer if your gonna say "there isnt anything u can do to lose wieght ...

Is there a fun way of burning calories?

What is the best way to lose 20 pounds in about 2 months?
i would like to lose weight before school starts agian. and i would like for people to see a change in me. i have lost 35 before i weighed 175 and now im 140 and i would like to finish what i have ...

Is swimming laps a good way to loose weight?
30 mins. a day, or just about every day.
and not just swimming around. swimming laps, freestyle, breaststroke....

Can you really bounce if you are fat enough?

Need to lose inches but no motivation.?
I need to lose around 3 inches around my waist but I can't stick to a healthy diet without going broke and I don't have a lot of motivation to get up and exercise. Anyone have any tips on ...

How many pounds in 1 stone?

How much water should you drink to keep you healthy?

On average.. how many times a day should a person go number 2?? I usually go every other day..?
Im not constipated or anything.. ive pretty much always been like this...is this normal ?.....

How can a 15 year old male gain weight??
i am 15 years old 5'6 and about 105 pounds. i am small for my age and am looking for ways to gain weight like what i should eat. please if anyone can answer my question that would be ...

AM I fat?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!?
okay so im 4 10. 85 lbs. and 6th grade. am i fat?!...

If i BARELY eat from now until.........?
monday how much weight will i lose?

( i dont waant to hear: you should really eat healthy)

and barely meaning like today i ate like 15 pieces of pasta with some tomato sauce<...

I need too lose 100 pounds by september of next year. I need advice on how to do it in a healthy way. How?

How can I lose 18lbs Before saturday?
I weigh 118 and I want to lose the 18lbs before saturday because I have a concert and me and my friend are gonna have Our older bros help us crowd surf and the lighter you are the hugher you can be ...

What is your name?
what is it??? mine is ...

Should children not be allowed to eat too much candy?
Is it really bad or just another misconception? I have a friend that does not allow her toddler any candy, she talks about how it would damage the kid's ability to taste other flavors (salty, ...

What is your favorite part of the human body?
Mine gotta be the thigh and the butt girls have great thighs and butts lol ^_^

pwned!!!...

I am 19...105 punds..and i wanna be 120...what can i do?

Additional Details
I dont want o gain muscle! lol i want my butt back...i want fat mass...... My name is Kawana and II am a white ...

How do I get skinny?
I need to get skin but I dont know how to start since i live in apartments where they dont allow ridin things SO HOW CAN I LOSE 10 POUNDS IN A MONTH...

<3
Why is anorexic/skinny considered attractive?
Why?! Why don't people love Kelly Brook's body more than those sticky girls. Haven't they seen her beautiful curves?! And she eats right too!

Why is size zero considered attractive? Girls, men like something to grab on to! One dude told me that he saw a little bit of fat jiggle on someones bum and he just wanted to reach out and squeeze it!

God, size zeroness is so gross! I have a classmate who is literally starving her self, and she looks even worse than she did before! However, she thinks she looks *fitter*!

If I saw Victoria Beckham in the street I'd sit her down and say "Vicky, you looked a lot more attractive when you had some meat on you, stop starving yourself woman!"

Yes, all women are beautiful whatever shape they are, but anorexic thin is just euggggh!

So can someone PLEASE tell me why being stick thin is considered attractive?

Regards,

Vicky
Additional Details
Im sorry to Jess and any others if I offended you I didnt mean too. Its just that the majority of girls want to and do starve themselves. Approx 98% of girls want to change somethig about their body so yeahh...

hardy_hucknall
Hi Vicky. I couldn't agree with you more. If a girl is naturally thin, then ok, but to want to make yourself look like a walking scarecrow ..... uggghhh. That is so unattractive. I much prefer girls with curves in the right places, like as you said Kelly Brooke ...... now there is someone who would keep me fit :))).

dncr151
Rating
Because it looks good. who wants fat wobbling everywhere? i've got fat and i hate it! But i can see why curves are good too. i guess its just fashion...when you are told thats what looks beautiful you believe it .

Bruce Wayne.
I don't know what you have been reading,
But thats not true in my book.

dancr4life
Rating
I really don't have a clue. I mean it just looks like your a sack of bones. It's gross. But please don't say so much about being a size zero. I'm a size zero/one and I really don't think I look "gross!" But don't start to think I'm anorexic or bulimic. I eat
whatever I want actually. I just happen to dance for at least an hour and a half five days a week so I'm slinder. It also helps that I'm small boned. ( I can overlap my thumb and pinkie finger around my wrist.) I'm very offended you think I'm weird and not normal!

horizon
its just apart of our culture. way back some artist described what the ideal human body should look like, and everybody agreed on what was to be considered "beautiful" and what wasnt. since then ppl have become more accepting of ppl for who they are and what they look like, but in general, ppl see thin as someone successful, hardworking, blah blah blah...

and u know, i think a majority - including myself - does view thin as the ideal way to look. maybe not anorexic thin, but thin. thats why so many of us go on diets and try to reach that "perfect" appearence. i myself wanna be thin cause it IS healthier and you are much less at risk for certain sicknesses. and the body just seems to be best proportioned with itself when its thinner.

curves are nice yes, but the round shape isnt so wonderful. BUT its the same thing with anorexic skinny looks, theres not enough curves and too many bones and they look like death! both arent exactly attractive.

other than our culture promoting "beauty" ppl have their personal preferences. some are attracted to a bit of cushin, others like muscles, and some like bones.

dumbo
Being too skinny is not attractive. Also if they are not eating right they do damage to their insides. Also when they get older (if they get there) their skin will look ragged and wrinkled when they are still young.

Phil McCracken
I have to say I love girls with a little meat on their bones. Real women are curvy, not horrible skeletons.

Nikki
I think being as skinny as a twig is gross and stupid!!!

♥✏Emily❈✿ loves the joker!
ITS THE MEDIA! girls want to be like what they see on tv and magazines. those supermodels and stars starve themselves in order to be skinny so they can get a job and so now more people are trying to be skinny like them so they can feel prettier so now all the guys like that. its like "as long as im skinny, it doesnt matter if i have curves or not. atleast im not fat" thats how alot of women think now.

joe 2
its not

corsababy001
Rating
i think its horrid

james l
Rating
Fashion models in general look malnourished and unattractive. I can't understand why the clothing companies use them.

endac
The only ones that find size 0 attractive is fashion houses, model agency's & the media. Women with curves & a bit of shape are more beautiful & healthy looking. Don't know why the size 0 & skin & bones look is so advertised when they should be showing real woman.

YOU GOTTA MOVE TO IMPROVE!
Rating
I and my friends don't find it attractive in the least. A curvy healthy looking woman always gets our nod over a sickly, skinny unhealthy looking woman any day.

laurel g
You are so correct! I fight anorexia every day. My mirror lies and tells me I am fat as a pig. That's when I wore a size zero. So, I really thought and thought and decided that no matter what the mirror shows me, It IS lying. I believe that curves are really attractive, and that most skeletons look pretty much alike.........ugly. Anorexia isn't healthy, for sure. People actually die from this. I'm still working on the eating thing..........and it isn't easy for me. I do know what nutrients each body needs, and I just eat what I know is good for me, now. I'm still working on gaining weight, since I continue to run around so much that my exercise seems to outdo my eating. Still, I'm up to a size 3, 5'5", and I can weigh at the dr's office with my shoes on! Now, that may not sound like something terrific, but, I remember when I couldn't weigh without removing my shoes at all. I can even say how much I weigh outloud to the doctor! Trust me, that is real progress when it comes to beating anorexia.

CrazyPixie!!
Look at all the women in the media... Victoria Beckham is famous as ****, n as skinny as... all the models on the catwalks are skinny. they are the rich and famous, people see that as the ideal because you never see fat people anywhere. Xx!!

Warning:Please Stand By
It's only in the Media most of the times..

IT's not always consider attractive in fact.. I'm stick thin and I'm always being teased ,wish i gained i wish so badly i gained :(

♣Kermit the Frog♣
Rating
Im a male....wait....lemme do a quick 1-2,, yep their there...So as i was saying Kelly Brooks is perfect

As they say more cushion for the pushing, Lol

I think Skinny girls are very unatrractive,

C
Rating
I agree with you that it shouldnt be considered attractive... But for whatever reason it is and all us girls have to starve ourselves to look attractive now...

Its guys too, they only date the really skinny girls... So everyone wants to be skinny so they can have the hot boyfriend...

Mystery
media images, celebrities bowing to pressure etc etc etc. its a very sick, sad sign of our times.

anorexia is more of an illness though, and is different than just being skinny!

i generally find it's mostly the guys who can't think for themselves, or who are overly image conscious who prefer the stick thin girls, not one boyfriend i've ever had has liked skinny women.

ello_popet14
I don't know why its attractive.. But I am one of those skinny ppl. I just can't gain weight. I eat as much as my dad, but i burn it all off withmy activies. I personally think i'm too skinny but i can't do anything about it. my legs are like tooth picks. its really gross. I don't like to wear shorts and short skirts because of it.

taxed till i die,
I find no attraction at all in size zero.

BeingMe
People just aren't happy with what they were blessed with. If they lost the weight ther would stil be a problem.

Sian
Rating
In my experience men find girls with curves (ie a bit of weight) far more attractive than skinny girls. To quote a friend of mine, 'women should look like women.' I don't know anyone, male or female who finds unhealthily thin girls attractive.
I've always known this yet I still had anorexia when I was younger and often still struggle with wanting to be thinner. Why? Not because I consider it attractive (the opposite, I love curvy girls) but because it's an illness.For me, weight loss = success. It had nothing to do with being thin, or being more attractive, everything to do with proving something to myself, ie that I could 'achieve' something. I don't know if other former/current anorexic's think the same way though. What I do know is someone with Anorexia has a distorted view of themselves and the way they look due to the illness, so if your class mate starves herself to this extent that may be why she thinks she looks 'fit' now when she probably looks really ill.

I have no idea why size zero is such a big deal and considered so attractive in the media's eyes because I don't know anyone who actually thinks that is beautiful. When I see girls who look anorexic it just saddens me, certainly not something I can understand anyone finding appealing. Some 'skinny' girls are attractive but this is usually because they are naturally that thin. Anyone who is healthy is gonna look great afterall. In my opinion being underweight OR overweight by too much is going to look awful. It's being and therfore looking healthy that is attractive.

bikerfrank
Rating
I don't know why ya'll "in general" want to be sticks but I'm with you I love a volumptuos woman, not a stick.

Harv S
Rating
It's only attractive to the poor deluded souls who think they are fat when they look in the mirror but they're actually walking skeletons. Men don't find it attractive at all, well at least normal men don't. The reason the fashion industry prefer stick thin is because they don't have the imagination to design for curves so they prefer their models flat like a drawing.

feyanni
Just because the media promotes thinness does not necessarily mean that all people agree that this is beautiful.

When you look at a magazine, you see thin somewhat flat chested women and muscular well toned men. Does that make it the norm? Does that make it beautiful?

In the real world, not magazines, TV or the silver screen, the most attractive women have plenty of curves and a happy face. The men may be slim, muscular or chunky, not everyone is the perfect 0 size (women) nor are all the men in the world muscular jocks.

Why worry about what others think is beautiful. Beauty is a gift from within. Some of the most beautiful people I know are size 28 or larger, some are perfect size 10's, 12's or many other sizes. Beauty comes in any size, shape and sometimes even with unpleasant features, bumps and lumps.

Look at the works of art which have been admired for centuries. Especially Rembrandt, Michaelangelo, Raphael, see the women pictured in their art and realize that men actually prefer women with many curves, women who look more like their mothers than any stick featureless model who makes millions selling you skimpy grossly exposing clothing that do nothing to show off your lovely curves that fall where they should.

Stick thin is only appealing to those who fell in love with their sickly wasting away grandmothers who were dying.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy