Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do you actually eat what the food pyramid says?
I mean...cmon. I eat healthy, I eat vegetarian, but no matter how frickin hard I try I can never get each food group into a day. Obviously, I have to replace the dairy with soymilk and the meat with ...

Swimming good for muscles or what?
Does swimming make you stronger or is it only good for toning and lossing weight? (note I do not want to loose weight) Please HELP!
Additional Details
But if I increase my caloric intake ...

I need to know just a simple answer about loosing weight?
ok, my birthday is in march, and I want to loose 45 pounds by then, my question is, if I start my diet in 1 week (which will be just eating all the way healthy, and no junk or sugar at all) and if I ...

How do you get a quick flat belly?
i run at least 3 miles a day and i eat healthy so wtf am i missing?...

I think I have an eating disorder???
I binge/purge at least once a week, usually more, and the rest of the week I skip meals, or eat very little. No body knows this information, but everybody assumes Im okay because im smarter than that,...

Is the Aitkins Diet safe?
Does any have serious objections to this diet? Are there any short term or long term side-affects Ishould worry about?...

Am I fat???? Professional help would be great, but other help works too!?
Im 5'2" female, and weigh 91 lbs. Thats not fat...is it?

im 13...

How tall are you? How much to you weight?
I'm 5'3" and weight 175lbs (i'm pregnant) not that it's an excuse....

Is it true that diet coke makes you gain weight?

What are the quickest ways to lose weight that are not necesarily healthy?

Additional Details
i'm not huge but ive gone into a depression for my weight. i dont know why...im 5' 1" , 15 years, and weigh about 130....

Why do fat people allways blame their weight on medical conditions?

I wonder is it possible to lose 100 pounds in two-three months..?
Do you think so? They say the body is very amazing and what it can do? If so how...?
Additional Details
Am really considering doing this and live to tell it....

Am I overweight?
I am about 5'3.
I weigh around 122.
I just turned 12.
If I am what is the QUICKEST way to lose weight and how much?...

How many liters of water should i drink per day ?
How many liters of water should i drink per day ?...

5'2'' and 106 lbs. am i fat?
i think i'm fat.
but i wear a size 00 pants and XS shirts.
but I FEEL SO FAT. everyday.

help.
Additional Details
andd it's not like a have a
six pack ...

How can i get my legs ( especially my thighs) slimmer quickly?

Were you hppier after you lost weight?
was all the hard work worth it?...

I'm on a diet, but can I have a pack of crisps today.....?
I started my diet on Monday and I haven't eaten any bread, chocolates, rice, crisps or chips since then. But I'm really craving for some crisps now...Please help. Thank you for your ...

Ive recently started working out and drinking lots of well guess what ive gained 5lbs im crying here help me?
i dont want to give up but i feel i ...

How much weight should I lose.?
Ive always been a big person even though no one in my family really is. I am 6"0 and i weigh 219 pounds i have a good amount a muscle and im 15 years old. How much weight do I need to lose to be ...

lola
Why do people like to eat so much? it makes them fat!?

Unknown
It feels good to have tasty food in my mouth. Its an addiction. Sometimes even after overeating you just still feel hungry yet your stomach feels full.

la naca
The FOOD THE FOOD LOL

kluwe99
Rating
Some people get so depressed that they feel like their only friend is food. Therefore food makes them happy and they feel happy when they eat. Its a vicious cycle because they are depressed and they eat to be happy but they become even more depressed when they see how much heavier they have gotten and the cycle repeats itself.

trobop
i don't know. i guess they just feel pleasure and want tmore and more. I have a feelig they have a kind of weakness in their mind. it may be linked to depression.

However, i'm depressed and i never think about eating endlessly. so i have never been overweight except when i was below age 13, then took up jogging and .. i got slim from age 13 to age 24.... Then got knee injuries and couldn't walk or move so i gained a bit...but then got better at age 25 and i started moving alittle again and so i keep in shape. Now i have so much artritis and pains in my body due to my history of sprains and strains and scolisios, etc.. But i still do my good eating and exercise even if i catn' to it that much.

Point is, some people just have a lazy personality....and they give in to it. they start not caring...and it continues

Zanzibar (Chris K)
Eating = Satisfaction, but not necessarily from hunger. For a fatty, the brain can be "tricked out" to make eating satisfy many different things. Boredom, Lonliness and loss are often dealt with by consuming, which more than satisfies the bodies actual need for food (hunger.)
Of course, laziness is also a big contributor to the increase in fatties.

athaena28
Rating
Sometimes it's not a question of 'like' to eat. It can be due to depression, happiness, boredom or a whole host of emotions.

Some people do just 'like' to eat, but most I've met or spoken with usually have many more reasons why they overeat.

Alexis
gasp...people like food? go figure

long live the dream
for some people it is a addiction. just like beer and other things. some people continually eat and eat because they can't control themselves. overweight people eat a lot because for the most part they have a low self-esteem. people make fun of them and they see food as their friend. it makes them feel good and it does not judge them. it takes will power and control to kick the eating habit. some people are just not capable of doing that. good luck.

Weekend Warrior
The same reason people like to smoke, drink, and do drugs. It's addicting and addiction is passed down from generation to generation.

Beth Z
Rating
People like food because it's a comfort to them. It is like an addiction, it's hard to get rid of. Not only does it taste really good and you want more. But the more sodium you eat, the more you crave it. When people have a bad day they turn to food because as weird as it sounds, food can't turn you down or make you feel worse. Chocolate especially.

gracee
Rating
some people find happiness on eating food and having a full stomach.. :)

mysticduder
Many people turn to food for comfort, to quiet anxiety, and out of boredom. Some people just have poor self-control. As we age and our metabolism slows and we tend to be more sedentary, the problem is just exacerbated.

♫You hate Cuz I'm a RockStar
Rating
Because food is so darn good!.Damn it calories..lol I guess its an addiction for them idk.

Maria
Rating
Food is a good thing. Don't fear it.

Madison
I'm c/p this from a previous question I answered

Depression was the reason I gained a lot of weight. I'll break it down for you:
1. Depression is genetic so I got it from my Mom's side of the family
2. Depression decreases the serotonin level in the brain (serotonin makes you able to rationalize...like every little thing isn't the end of the world)
3. Food (especially carbs) raise the serotonin level in your brain
So, it's a coping method. It's the same as drugs and alcohol.

It has NOTHING to do with someone just not caring, or just letting themselves get fat.

It's how they cope.

Luckily, I am fully recovered and have lost all the weight I gained.

I hope this answered your question : ]

Oh and depression doesn't directly make you fat. It can make you eat a lot, become an alcoholic, or become a drug addict.

harleyps_mom
Rating
I am overweight and probably eat less than you do. Everyones metabolism is different. Food isnt the only thing that makes people fat. Lack of motivation due to self image issues for one. So maybe you should think about how that question sounded.

deep blue
Rating
Why do some people eat only one piece of lettuce a day, it makes them skinny and boney.

Obesity is often caused by a food addiction. Have a little more sympathy.

Rating
...'Cause food tastes good?

puppylove
Rating
Why do people like you like to judge others so much? It makes you seem pathetic and immature.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy