Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am a 14 year old . I weigh 125 pounds. I am a size 3 in jeans, and a size 5 in dresses.... Am I fat?

Diets for 12 yr old 5'6 150 pds?
i need to lose weight so i want to go on a diet. my goal is to lose 30 pds. I exercise every weekday for an hour. What r some good diets? also these are a list of foods i DO NOT like

eggs<...

How much do you think i weigh ?
im 5ft 3 and btw the outfit was as a joke for a party , i wouldnt normally dress like that !

http://i22.photobucket.c Details

What is an alternative to drinking water? If any.?
I need to drink plenty of water because of the amount of exercise I do. Also, it is good to drink several glasses a day. I can drink plenty of water when I'm thirsty (such as after the gym) but ...

I feel so fat can someone help me?
i`m not a fat person.
i just have a fat stomache and my thighs are flabby.
i need to know of some exercise and/or food/pills to flatten my tummy and tone my thighs.tell me something that u ...

Is it healthy to eat vegetables as a main meal,like dinner?
Iam trying to eat healthier and cut out red meats and lose weight.Iam not sure about eating all vegetables for a meal....

How do i help my Mum lose weight?
I'm really worried about my mum, she has been overweight all my life and i really want to help her. i've asked her to find out tell me how much she weighs but she won't do that because ...

Im 12 years old, 123 pounds, 5' 1", And FAT!!! what should i do?
IDK Im ...

I am 5'7" and 98 lbs..... I feel fat in the mirror but then I see pics & I think I am skinny..do I have an ED?
I will feel normal sized or slightly big in the mirror.....but then I will see pictures of myself and think I am skinny.....does this mean I have an ED?...

How often do you do it?
Eat meals...are you more of a 3 square meals a day, or 5 smaller meals?...

How many pounds can you loose in 4 weeks by starving?
please no mess i really wanna know....

Is it true that...?
If you suffer from bulimia, even if you're still at a healthy weight, your periods stop?

Don't worry, just curious!

Did i eat to much today?? ?
i am battling anorexia and recently ovrcoming it.
I had
special k granola bar and banana for breakfast

1/2 a bagel & strawberry yogurt for lunch

i went to the ...

What is my weight supposed to be? I am 5'9 and 13?

Additional Details
I am girl i am okayy in looking weight i don't really have a belly. i weigh right now 126...

What [type of] foods keep you full longer than others (but ones that taste good ;] lol)?
im not obese or anything i just eat when im bored for some reason or when I just have nothing else to do..

its so annoying i dont wanna gain weight!

im thinking that maybe if i ...

How many calories dose 100 calories burn?

How do i resist food at a party?
im going to a party for track, and im guessing its pizza. I dont wanna eat it cuz im trying to loose 5 pounds. pizza will not help that!!

how do i resist it?...

Where are triceps ?
are your triceps muscle just above your elbow?
Additional Details
is it like just above elbow or just a way up? thanks :)...

Do you think it's weird if someone walks on the treamill with their eyes closed?
Because I do, and I feel so silly.
:)...

Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?...

gringopete101
Why do fat people allways blame their weight on medical conditions?

Lupee
Rating
I think your question is really irresponsible...
Not all overweight people do - and actually some people DO have medical conditions which make them put on weight.

My fiance has a lung disease and the medication he takes makes him put on weight
You shouldn't make such sweeping statements, get real

liddle_angel
Many DO have medical conditions, and some have emotional conditions, and some have a hard time pushing the plate away...I would like to see your documentation of this 'study' you must have read, with the statistics

icyblue
Rating
I am FAT and I DO NOT BLAME medical conditions. I eat less than my kids and they are not fat. I do not exercise every day. Yes I do exercise when I can. Get over with it. I am busy running around after my eldest with helping at school. I do NOT excuse my size. I am how I am and there a larger people who get on with there life.

LeBy
you know something? this is what i don't like about people...when they ask a question like this. i am an overweight person, and i have asthma. the worst part about it would be that i cannot do exercises such as running, yet in high school, i told my p.e. teachers that i could not run because of my asthma but they all thought that it was just a damn excuse, until after i tried running a whole lap, and i collapse to the ground, getting an asthma attack, even though i had used my inhaler before i ran. so people should not complain about fat people blaming their weight on medical conditions because for some people such as myself, i am big because of my asthma!

Sharon
Rating
Being fat is very painful both emotionally and physically. People still feel free to make fun of fat people. Anyone who is fat knows that they are, and they do not need "helpful" people to tell them they are fat, or to give them advice.

It does make you feel ashamed and weak, but it is a lot harder to lose weight than to gain it. So, sometimes they will lie about a medical condition just so they don't feel so weak and defeated.

tulseciffo
Why do people think that fat people always blame their weight on medical conditions?

I work in an inpatient setting in a large hospital. Let me tell you there are plenty of people out there that are overweight because of medication or medical conditions. It's so easy to judge someone and say its time for them to get off their *** or eat better, but you honestly don't know until you have walked in their shoes.

I don't disagree that many people are overweight because they don't eat well, or eat too much, or don't exercise, but like I said you never know and shouldn't judge.

Luvfactory
Rating
Because nature has programmed us (and any other mammalians) to eat as much as possible, whenever possible for our own survival. Food wasn't readily available in the olden days as it is now. Our ancestors when without food sometimes for a week or even more. Whenever they got the chance to eat they made sure that all food is eaten because it was never known when the next food was going to come. These survival instincts are so much imprinted in our genes that even with the abundance of food (as it is now), we can't say No to it. Also, because food ensure survival, it is nowdays used as a comforting substance. Some people, when they feel low, turn to food, which in turn will release hormones that tell the brain everything is going to be ok (your survival is now guaranteed for a while again) and that settles their minds. We shouldn't be so hostile to fat people, they are humans after all.

Rich T
Because they have big bones!

Maria B
Rating
Because for some people it is true! Not all fat people do - My friend is overweight, and she knows full well it is because she eats all the wrong foods! I am a little overweight, and it is down to a medical condition, I went from a size 8 to a size 20 in the space of a year, with no change in my exercise routine or diet. After a trip to the doctors it was confirmed I have PCOS. Through a lot of hard work, sweat and tears a complete change in diet etc i'm now a size 14 and still have weight to loose! People who are overweight because of medical conditions CAN loose the weight, it just takes longer and a lot of hard work, but it can be done, I know because I am doing it!

x
that's true overweight may cause many problems ; diabetes , hypertension , cardiac problems , mental stress , it also can decrease self esteem.

Peachy Girl
Rating
Because some do actually have medical conditions

I am not what you would call fat but I am a little over weight and that is because it is difficult for me to exercise as I have a problem with my feet that can cause extreme pain I do know that there are alternative exercises like swimming but being a little over weight your self confidence (or lack of!!) kicks in! as most women I think will understand!

Martin
Ultimately, getting fat is simply the result of eating more calories than you burn - the rest is stored as fat. Some people may have medical conditions that mean they have a slow metabolism, or whatever, and cannot burn off the calories very well. However, this does not in itself make them fat. No-one needs to be fat - medical condition or none - eating less will always solve the problem eventually.

Blaming "medical conditions" is a good way of avoiding having to do anything about it.

Big R
Rating
Most people will try to find some b.s. excuse for their failings. Winners accept responsibility and take action. Losers look for excuses. Ask anyone in prison why he/she is in there. It's society's fault. Ask a poor person why they are poor. Not their fault. They are not stupid, ignorant or lazy. Same thing with lardos. Saw a big fat pig on T.V. say he didn't have time to eat right. Yeah, it takes at least five hours to eat a salad. It's the loser mentality. If you want to be in shape you can do it. But if you're not willing to do what it takes to get there you look for excuses.

a true friend♥
because they can't confess that the weight increase is an result of their day of eating and living

Grace1228
I think a lot of people develop medical conditions as a result of becoming obese and convince themselves that they can't lose weight. Doctors say that the percentage of people who are overweight as a result of medical conditions is extremely, extremely low (like less than 1%).

nat
Because they don't want to admit out loud that they are lazy or can't be arsed or depressed etc

Steve
some do some dont, those that do do not want to take responsibility for their actions. its just that simple.

stepup1895
Because they refuse to take responsiblity for themselves.
That's why they are fat. It's self neglect...only a small percentge
actually suffer from a metabolism problem...

Blinky
Rating
Becasue if they blamed it on the hundreds of cakes they might find cakes get banned - then what would they do .. or eat ;-)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy