Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What foods are Good and Bad?

Oh god, I just binged :(?
I'm sooo afraid of gaining weight. The fear is almost as intense as the fear of death when I'm standing on a high building or something. My heart starts beating faster when I'm ...

How do you lose 14 pounds in 1 week?
i just need to lose 12 but i think 2 more will help more!...

I'm 13 years old and the fat kid at school. I want to become a athletic muscular guy and lose weight.?
I weight 239 lbs. I feel bad because a girl dosen't like me because I'm fat. Our coach said I should play football which I 'm going to do. . I want a program that I can lose weight and ...

I am 32 years old and over weight, would like to lose 40 pounds asap.?

Is 10,000 to 12,000 calories (of healthy food) a day unhealthy?

Additional Details
Trying to gain weight and someone suggested that I eat a lot more than 5-6k cals a day....

Am i overweight?
i'm 4'11'' and 92 lbs?
Additional Details
im 12.........

How to get Fat?
Ok every body in school says they can break my arm off and twist it I want to show then that I am soo fat!!!! please ...

Could This be a Good diet and help me lose weight?
Breakfast: Tomato juice 50cal.
1 egg 70cal.
1bottle of water 0cal

Lunch: Weight watchers Smart one: 300cal

Is eating nut's as a snack healthier than eating crisps?

Additional Details
Crisp is a thin slice of a potato, deep fried or baked until crisp. Potato chips serve as an appetizer, side dish, or snack. Commercial varieties are packaged for ...

Is it bad if u sweat alot?

I need to get my cholesteral down. should I buy fat free or sugar free products?

I hav been goin 2 the gym for 9 months and lost not 1 single tiny inch what else can i do?
i do light weights, cardio and crunches would be nice to see some results please help
Additional Details
i eat quite healthily although i do like chocolate! i go to the gym 3 or 4 times ...

What's wrong with having a nice round butt?
as opposed to a flat one?

Personally, I want to be able to distinguish my back from my legs.

You can have a nice round butt with a thin waist and a figure 8.

P...

What should i do to stop eating?
i eat like 1000 times everyday. im not fat or anything but im trying to go on a diet and thats not working for me! what should i do to stop eating all the ...

Is this too thin?
To be 5"7 and 105 lbs?
That isn't how much I weigh now, but it's my goal weight...I'm about 10 lbs away.
Everyone says I'm anorexic and such for wanting to be that ...

How do you loose belly fat?
I have lost weight, by going to the gym, but the only fat I didn't loose much of is the belly fat. I do crunches and situps and stuff, but do you guys know any other helpfull ways to loose it?...

Am I underwieght?Overweight?Fa...
I am 109 pounds, and 5"3. I am 14 years old and a girl....

Why can't people spell 'lose' properly?
they always spell it 'loose' as in
'the skin on her neck was loose' its irritates me no end
spell properly folks!
Additional Details
honestly! im glad some ...

I am 5'5 and my weight is 140lb. Do you think im fat?

Emily
Why do I feel like I am gaining weight when the scale says I am loosing weight?
I am 5'8 and weigh 135 lbs. I play soccer (2 hours every weekday) and since the season has started, my scale says I have lost weight- nothing more than 3 or 4 lbs but still- anyway I feel like I am gaining weight- in my stomach area- and if my scale didnt keep reassuring me that I wasnt I would be feeling really fat right now- Is my scale wrong? am I really getting fatter? or does it have something to do with me playing soccer every day?

I'm so confused!

Median
Rating
You are anorexic, fatty.

kevlar1
Rating
youre just a girl. girls always think theyre fat.

isthisthingon79
Rating
it could be that your turning fat into muscle considering as much as you play that could be the case and it may not feel as though you are losing because of that

kestrelk8
its all in your head...especially if you are younger than 20 and are still dealing with puberty issues. if that is the case puberty makes you gain more fat around hips, stomach, thighs...all areas around where a baby would potentially grow to make sure that your body could sustain it if conception was achieved. of course since i don't know how old you are i'm hesitant to propose this other reason but i might as well let you know. as women age they naturally lose lean body mass (better known as MUSCLE mass). this muscle mass as it is lost is just replaced with fat. cardio (i.e your soccer playing) is not enough to prevent muscle loss...rather you must add resistance training to your exercise regimen.

Julianne G
that happened to me. i dont really know why it is, but you could be either drinking more water than usual, eating more food but burning the calories in soccer, or you just are gaining muscle or something

Emmy
You're not... just an allusion. If you play that much soccer, you probably don't need to worry about your weight. Stop using the scale for a while, it lowers self esteem.

Miss Tristessa
Rating
Maybe you should measure yourself as well as weighing yourself - that way you can reassure yourself that you're not gaining inches while losing pounds.

But it really sounds like nothing is wrong, and the constant exercise may be giving you greater strength and fitness, which may FEEL like gaining (even though you're not).

chiky chiky
well your probaly gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so thats probaly whats happing?

Joyce T
Muscle is more dense than fat. You can loose muscle and gain a couple inches of flab and weigh the same. You also may be in need of hydration (maybe?). My weight slides between 134-137 depending on hormones, holiday eating, etc. I went down to 131 for a minute last year, but started weight training and am a more fit and firm 135 right now. (5' 7.5")

ColdFire
Rating
Your body is simply changing. You're probably losing fat, considering you play that much soccer, and gaining muscle, and muscle sits on the body much differently than fat, not to mention it's quite a bit more solid. I think you should stop using the weight scale as a measure of your body composition. The scale will never, ever give you an accurate answer. If you do want an accurate answer, get a physical from a doctor and a bodyfat test (calipers and dunk tank).

redpixelvandal
I used to play softball on a similar schedule as your soccer playing.....i always felt like i was getting "fatter".....but i was just gaining muscle....changing the make up of my body....less excess fat....more muscle.

I eventually became obsessed with the number flashing on the scale....

irishkittie79
Rating
do you're clothes fit differently? Fat weighs less then muscle but takes up more space (muscle is tight and condensed but fat is more "fluffy") so don't go by the numbers on the scale. If you're clothes are getting tighter, you could have gained some fat.

tabulator32
Rating
You're losing weight but you may be gaining a bit of muscle tone as well.

Make sure you drink lots of water! Stay hydrated.

Mr. Q
you must be losing the weight in the wrong places like say you legs! and it might not look so good to you, because in reality all your working out is your legs.

daihatsu man
Rating
Your fat and muscle are probably relocating on your body, if you are exercizing you lose breast mass and build up mass elsewhere.

freekalert
sounds like ur gettin bloated.
theres medication u can take for that

-The contributor-
you are feelling more fat ou you you see like if you have more?
if you see it it can be because you r loosing wiight in all your body and you r loosing more slowly the fat in your stomac than in the rest of your body... take some pictures of you, and check them (before.........after) and you will se results

HELLLOOOOO mY nAME IS ..........
Rating
omg
that happens to me to its so weird i dont know why that happens

the bells today
Rating
You are definitely no where near being overweight considering your height and weight. But you know what? I'm the same way but sometimes just feel "big." I've found it's when I'm carrying water weight. For example, if I eat a bunch of salted popcorn at night, the next day I feel totally huge but, of course, the scale doesn't reflect my feelings. As far as playing soccer, that's the one thing that shouldn't contribute to your fat feeling around your tummy. My guess is something you're eating or drinking is causing your full feeling around your abdomen. Hey, soccer rules!

Ro
Rating
you are probably bloated......that`s all..........

♥Cali Girl♥
wel when im losing weight for some reason i get a little chunky in the face area and stomach but in a couple of days it goes down so i dont know..eigther way you shouldnt worry your skinny to be 5'8 and only 135 =]!

paper tiger
Rating
i think you are creating a problem in your head and it isn't necessary. you play soccer...that is healthy...are you eating healthy as well? if you are then i wouldn't worry about what the scale says...you need to have a positive image of yourself...too many girls are having this negative body image and we need to promote this good and healthy body image...be different don't be like those other girls who whine about "oh my gah..i gained half a pound...!" and be a good influence eat healthy, exercise and don't fall into that mode of thinking you are getting "fat"...

rmkenterprise
Some people on here need to learn when NOT to type! For your height your weight is good. If you FEEL heavy it is most likely bloating, read on...

I don't get the statement others have made in regards to the weight of fat as compared to muscle. Your fat does Not turn into muscle, a common myth. However, as the fat is being burned and muscles are being developed, you may Appear bigger in your stomach area, when actually it will go down with time. Thats alot of soccer, have fun!

Wµå¤th€¤ƒØø|<
Rating
You may be gaining muscle...since you play soccer. BUT the scale is telling you you're losing weight.... buy a different scale,that one could be wrong.

Digger
Weigh yourself exactly the same time every morning,usually before eating or drinking.This way it does not matter if your scales are exact or not,because you can judge whether your losing weight or not by what the scales tell you each morning.Weighing at the sametime everyday and wearing the same amount of clothes each time is the only way to ensure whether you are losing or gaining weight over a set period of time.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy