Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate ...

Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?...

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

bwaxelrock
Why can't I stop drinking pop?
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. It's driving me crazy. I drink diet, but it's still not good for me.

iheartyuu
i have the same problem.. i love moutain dew. =]

k.1994.
Rating
i dont care tht i drink soda tht much. if u can go 30 days (i think thts right) wthout it, you should be able to stop.

so u must b from up north using the word "pop" lol.

Hannah S
Rating
the diet drinks r not good!!! they have a sugar substitute that makes u wanna have more.. its kinda like drugs...

Stan S
Rating
Just substitute with tea or water, or something that tastes good, and is not bad for you.
Drink Vitamin Water, it is healthy, and testes great, and is not dirty, like everyone says.

Katie
It's addicting. Really. The caffine in the pop is, anyway.
They sometimes classify caffine as a DRUG (on teenhealth.org... I had to go on there for school because we were learning about the dangers of drugs and I saw caffine on there on the list of drugs. oops!) it's because it's not so good for you and it's SO addicting. I am addicted helplessly to Diet Coke as well!!
If I don't have at least three glass of diet coke a day I get caffine head aches. I tried to go a week without but it was horrible. couldn't do it!

If you really want to stop than you'll have to do it gradually-don't go cold turkey! Eventually you'll probably be able to quit if you start GRADUALLY.

It's just my guess but I think they must add something else besides caffine to pop that is addicting. Cocaine used to be in Coca-Cola before they knew how horrible it was to your health because it gave you the euphoria and it made you addicted to their product. Then they took it out when everyone found out it was bad. It's just a guess of mine they've added some other legal addictive now that they can't use cocaine (besides just caffine)? maybe. I don't know, though. maybe I'm just extreemly parinoid?

yes I have the same problem.
Good luck trying to stop =

katie <3

PS: I'm from Michigan so I call it pop, not soda, too :)

shane A
Rating
Mix some filtered water in there. Drinking diet drinks arent awesome for you but as long as you stay hydrated, a coke now and then wont hurt. I drink atleast one water per 3 diet dr. peppers. I understand, i drink them constantly too.

gino30000
Rating
Its just like smoking... it has nicotine, and soda has caffeine. I used to be addicted to soda too, then i went to V8-
*smacks u in da forehead*
"coulda had a V8"

strawberries
i have the same problem with Dr.Pepper

Aidan O'Connor
Rating
i dint know why but try this. This is how my uncle quite smoking. This take months. Measure how much pop you drink and slowly decrease that amount every few days till you dint need it.

Lynn
There's something lacking in your life. See a shrink.

michaelkirchgessner
it's the caffeine man it's like me and my crack

skylar
just drink something else. it's not that hard. i rarely drink soda. next time you are buying food, just don't buy soda. get milk or juice. even water is better than soda.

croatiangirlfight
Rating
addictive.
like smoking.
:)

banana
yea i know i have the same problem
i tell myself its okay because its diet
the only way to fix it is to just stop bringing it in your house

if you cant try drinking Diet Rite
they have good flavors and it has zero carbs zero calories zero sugar zero carbonation

but it taste soo goood!

EK
Rating
My husband and I had this conversation just the other night. I have a Diet Coke addiction as well. I can't seem to drink enough of it. I've heard that Diet is actually worse for you! I developed the addiction at a very young age and literally drink over 100 oz a day of it. My mom is the exact same way. She may even be worse than me. The best thing to do is to try and subsitute a different drink like water or tea or Gatorade in bewteen each soda you have. It's hard, I know - I hate water, but the acid in soda will start to really mess up your stomach (amongst other things...) If you can stop before it becomes a huge issue - I wish you the best of luck, try your very hardest!!!

silver
Rating
You are addicted!

i <3 dragonflys =]
omg i have the same problem! idk why but im so addicted.
and its soda lol =]

Tom R
Rating
I've tried, but I gave up. Though when I do drink it, I never have more than one.

Blah S
Rating
I had the same problem as you but i later realized how bad it was for me and i stopped drinking things with suger in them and started drinking water look at the nutrition facts on the back of it and compare it to other things thats what helped me get off of them

~Lovely~
Rating
maybe same reason i cant stop drinkin beer??

piccolopete19
look as it as a challenge, the longer you don't drink, the stronger your will power is

.:*Rachel*:.
Rating
It's called caffeine which is a drug and you get addicted to it.

Katie W
Rating
Just don't buy it. I think you have a caffeine addiction.

Kenna D
Rating
okay drinking soda eats up your bones EWW it just eats them up so unless you are some muscil guy or girl (which youll lose all that man) drink milk i mean ummmm i had that prob its discusting i didnt buy it anymore and got addicted to milk good idea seriously!!!!GOOOD LUCK (:

Phillips B
Rating
Answer #1) It runs in the family and stop calling me "POP"!

Answer #2) I used to.. It took me a while but, I started drinking sun tea and now all I usually drink is water. It wasn't easy at first!

amandamichele89
Rating
caffeine.

motherpeanutbutterbutinsky
You can just start drinking more water and stop buying pop! You can do it!

andrumar10
Rating
Where theres a will, there's a can of pop to destroy it

Stephanie
Rating
Look this is a medical issue. You need to know that. Your pancrease has been working on overload as long as you have been drinking diet or regular coke.

You need to really be aware of all the foods your eating and make sure you are eating low glycemic ( a diabetic diet). Your body is telling you that it will switch you to diabetic if you dont watch out. Do you really want to go on insulin shots and meds just because you cant stay away from pop? Its a choice you need to be aware of.

Its all about addiction and you need to give your body the food and nutrition you need instead of junk in any way.

onlymatch4u
Rating
Caffeine is addictive. When you drink it, the pop gives you a feeling of euphoria, but that comes from the excess cortisol (the stress hormone) that is being produced. Diet pop is worse than regular pop and regular pop is one of the worse things you can do to your body. It depletes your body of calcium for one. The diet drink, just like the sugar one, causes your body to produce insulin and that slows your immune system way down and causes the cells in your body to become insulin resistant. The first step is hypoglycemia and then diabetes type II, then you end up at the terminal with kidney failure. Not an exciting trip either.

One of the best ways to stop is to substitute water each time you want to drink the pop. Drink the water, as much as you can before drinking any pop. Then go to the health food store and buy a Kombucha. It has a carbonated taste and is really good for you. It is much more refreshing than pop.

good luck to you

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy