Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What happens if I starve myself?
will i loose any weight
if i starve myself from today ( 7/28 ) until Sunday ( 8/3 )
or for like 3 weeks ?
or what can happen?
Additional Details

Am i fat[look in details]?
i weigh 120 somethign puonds
and 5'5
and ppl call me fat
but many call me normal and no ur not fat
i dont have a stomach at all
but i do have thighs
and that pisses ...

What is the quickest way to lose weight ??

Should you eat breakfast even if your not hungry?
please only answer if you know!?...

Im only eating fruits and fat free yogurt for 3 months now?
am i going to be okay?
im 15 in june btw)...

How can you put on wait when your skinny even if you eat allot?
i eat allot although i just dont put on wait....

CAn you tell me your age,height, and weight, Plz?

Which people disgust you more: fat people or shallow people who judge them by their appearance?

How do u lose 5 pounds a day?

Help! me! why do u exercise with music & why?
OK SO IM DOING A SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT & I ALOT OF PEOPLE TO TELL ME WHY U CHOSE TO LISTEN TO MUSIC WHILE U EXERCISE! & WHY!
THANKS ILOVEU!...

I didn't work out today and now I feel guilty?
Is this such a bad setback? I didn't have work or anything else to do today and I told myself I was going to workout a lot but I ended up lying in bed all day. I work out at least 3-5 times a ...

Am I overweight?
I am an 18 year old boy who is 6 foot tall and 16 stones in weight! Am i fat? And if I am how much shall i lose and how?

Thanks

Mark
Additional Details

How much should a girl, 18, 5"7" weight? b/c i weigh 123 pounds?

Its like anorexia but i dont want to lose weight, i want to be taller?
im naturally skinny, so weight is by no means an issue for me.
my obsession is with gaining height
i eat things with lots of vitamins, lots of calcium
im always stretching my legs, ...

Am I fat???!!!? PLEASE HELP!?
I'm 15, I weight 120, and I'm 5'4. I FEEEL fAT =( AM II??...

Am I too skinny?
I'm 13 year old.
I'm 4'11 and I weigh 70 lbs.
I try to gain weight but, it's not working.
What should I do?
Thanks for the help!
I appreciate it!...

Ok i need to loose pounds in three days?
ive tried everything pills diets exersise but i keep going back to the ...

How can I get taller?
I'm not looking for dumb answers or "no you can't." I'm dead serious, and I need help. I'm 13, and I'm really short. If you can give me a way to get taller, I will ...

My age is 20 & my height is 5'1 . how can i increase my height. this is serious no funny responses. thankyou
i am using yoko and i also ordered super-growth is there any way i can do more than this. i also do the stretching exercises. please let me know if you know anybody has made it that would boost my ...

I'm 16, 5 feet and i weigh 83 pounds. Is that normal?

Tabor K
Why aren't i loosing weight? I eat a bowl of cereal... play basketball for 5hrs and cereal for diner. WHY?
I just dont get it

Mommatobe3
Rating
Well to start out are you overweight, how long have you been doing this regime?? If you werent overweight to start out with then what you are doing is unhealthy so be careful, you need to drink lots of water during your diet too, lots of water is a great way to get your metabolism going...

McCann
You may be converting your fat into muscle. If this is happening, your qeight will not change much since muscle is heavier than fat. In other words, you could be getting into shape, looking much better and being more healthy yet you won't see much of a weight difference. If you're worried, try to check your fitness level in the recommended tests, or do a body mass index. If you would like more advice, you should give a fuller list of your diet/activities.

Cheers and good luck!

Gwen H
you are not eating enough,. I know it sounds strange but its the truth. I tried that before and it didn't work. U need to eat more. Yur doing enought working out but yur body doesn't have enough to burn. Eat some breakfast and some veggies and healthy stuff

Sky
Rating
Ta-zu is right, you arent eating enough. I would say that a standard bowl of cereal would have about 300 kcal in. So you are only consuming about 600 kcal a day and probably burning off way more than that! You need to eat atleast 1500 kcals a day and probably even more if you are doing really intense basketball. I suggest you find a forum that is aimed at weight loss and exercise. They will give you all the advice you need! If you continue like this it could turn into an eating disorder. Please seek some advice!

AngelBabi
You need to eat healthier. Eating 2 cereal meals a day is slowing down your metabolism and your body isn't getting enough nutrients and vitamins. Try eating every 3-4 hours or 5 small meals. Eating frequently will boost up your metablosim. Just make sure that the food you are eating are healthy.
You should also try working out the rest of your body by weight lifting, doing ab exercises, etc. Try having a set workout routine.

The below links will provide you with more information.

Hope you find this useful! :)

nickfan1causeheisthebest!!!!!!!!
Rating
well have you tried talking to your doctor because i have tried what you are doing then i talked to my Doctor she gave a hole lot of instructions on how to lose weight

EngProf
Rating
Depending on how long have you been doing this, your body could be holding onto the calories for fear that it is in starvation mode. Try eating several small meals throughout the day to kick your metabolism into gear again.

If that doesn't work, do you know if you have any hereditary conditions that may mean that you have to work even harder than others to lose? That could play a factor in the lack of weight loss.

Another consideration is that you may be creating muscle, which weighs more than fat. So if you weigh yourself, you appear heavier, but you may be actually getting smaller.

What a strange conundrum. Good luck with this. It must be very frustrating to be working so hard and not seeing results.

yana knows best!
eat even small portions about 5 times a day and change up your work out rutine like if you do it in the morning do it at night and do differ exercises

Shay Shay
Maybe you have a low metabolism

ayeka678
How long have you been doing this? I can't really answer your question without knowing that. Unless you are being EXTREME, you won't notice weight loss all at once.

Irisheyes
Hi

That doesn't work because your
body thinks your staving it, so it holds
on to the fat and you can't lose
weight.
You need to eat 5-6 small meals
a day. Breakfast, then a banana at
l0:00 lunch something healthy then for
a snack yogart or some peanuts.
Dinner then maybe some pretzels for
a snack.
The reason for this is to keep
your metabolism working. It keeps
working to burn calories and fat. If
you don't feed it then it's not on a
steady path. If you want to lose
weight you need to eat.

Irisheyes

Takfam
Rating
Because cereal is flat assed carbs and you're not getting a balanced intake of protein and fats in addition to the carb overload you're subjecting your body to.

Nel G
Rating
Its not that your not losing weight, its that your Lying !

Unless your eating 10 lbs of cereal and sitting on the bench as apposed to actually playing ball for 5 hours, it would be Impossible for you not to lose weight. Stop Lying !, Now tell us " The rest of the story"

No.1 Zac Efron Fan
Rating
Your probly not doing anything else then basketball eat thing healthy not just cereal like fruit vegies buit if nothings happening its probly got to do with genes n stuff

FamousFool
Rating
if that's all your eating all day your body thinks that you are unable to get food so it is storing all of the fat to burn as energy later. you need to eat enough consistently throughout the day so your body will eventually start burning fat instead of muscle as energy.

loveurlife
Rating
your body does not have enogh food so its storing that cereal you should eat lots of vrggies and lots fruits lots water and sports eat regularley.

kandy b
when people want to loose weight, they want results fast..espically americans...we live in a fast paced society. just keep working hard, eat regular meals, don't skip breakfast, and keep playing hard. with time, you'll see results

catchphrase07
Rating
YOU CANT LOOSE WEIGHT IN A FREAKING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! takes months to lose it without hurting yourself. take it slow or you will look weird (funny shape/stretch marks)

Elmo watches you at night
you're basically putting your body in metabolic shock for not eating enough. you should gradually eat less and exercise more to loose weight.

keebler
Rating
because you eat so little your body is storing it as fat therefore you're not losing weight. you need to eat 5 small meals a day. protein for breakfast, snack some fruit, lunch then dinner snack and a lot of water.

Danielle [Going Insane]
Rating
Cereal won't do it alone. You got to get some good food in there. Try some skinless chiken, baked, with some steamed brocolli and a salad. Just eating cereal won't help, it's not as healthy as it seems.

ms ladyj
YOUR BODY IS GOING INTO SHOCK AND ACTUALLY STORING ALL THE FATS IN YOUR BODY.

On the upside
Rating
Because you are starving yourself. Your body is clinging on to your fat reserves because it is not getting enough to eat. If you really want to lose weight and get healthy there are some wonderful FREE resources on the net.
Here is just one of them:
http://caloriecount.about.com/
Follow the plan and the weight will fall off.

OOO! I know! I know!
YOU NEED VARIETY... ESPECIALLY LESS CARBS AND MORE PROTEIN ...AND FRUITS AND VEGGIES=:)

amandafofanda66
Rating
You need to eat more (and more protein), your body is holding on to everything you eat because it thinks your starving!

♫♫ þ£ЯҒξςтוҰ اm�£Я₣€ćť ♫♫
Rating
You aren'y losing weight because your body is in starvation mode. It is holding on to every single calorie you take in, waiting for the next time you will eat. Eat a bit more (at least 1200 calories) and you will see results.

onyx'smommy
Rating
Because your not eating right, your body is storing fat because it knows its not going to eat. eat 6 small meals

norml4life
Rating
You're trying to lose fat, not necessarily weight.
And eating just cereal is not a good idea. You need greens and meat.

beth
Rating
ur not consuming enuff calories so ur body is holding as much fat as possible..its called starvation mode....u need to consume at least 1200 calories a day, and if u exercise then it should be more....make sure its healthy calories though....

Ta-Zu
Rating
...because you're not eating enough?

whtevruwnt
you need to eat fruits and vegitables.
they help your body regulate yourself
also if you dont eat your body goes into a shut down mode of sortes and tries to use a few calories a possible in order to keep you alive. you need to eat small healthy meals throught the day along with excercise and drink lots of water

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy