Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I killing myself? Not enough calories, too much diet soda?
Hello. I have an eating disorder. I've been like this for years, I am seeking help. Lately I've been going down hill fast. I am eating 600 calories a day or less, and I drink TONS of diet ...

Do you brush your teeth BEFORE or AFTER you breakfast?

Whats a way to lose 50lb in 5 months?
whats a way that i can lose 50lb in 5 months
its really really important that i do so.
soo what are some ways that would help like what are some things you do to keep the weight off??

Is 96 lbs fat for a 12 year old????

Additional Details
im 5'1 yeaah i no, im shooooort!...

Should the state lower the drinking age?

Is it possible to eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes?????
My friends have this contest going to see who can eat 100 cookies in 100 minutes. Does anyone know if a person could do this without having any medical problems??? I'm thinking about asking my ...

If your bathroom scale could talk, what would it say?

Am i over weight?
i am 28 inches around my waist

i weigh 140 pounds

i am 5 foot 10

how can i loose half a stone
Additional Details

Does not doing excersise make you fat?
Even if you diet, does a lack of regular excersise in your life make you gain weight?...

Does you think he's good looking?
http://www.hotchickswith I think he is GORGEOUS. But I just want to know what individual people think also.

Do you think he looks good?...

What happens if i cut soda out of my diet and just drink lots of water?

Do I have a eating disorder?
Im 11.
I don't eat breakfast or lunch, and I eat dinner because my parents are around, but I don't eat a lot of it, and say I had a big lunch. I feel full at lunch, but at dinner im ...

How old were tou when you stopped beleiving in santa?

Is 110 pounds at 5'1 3/4 at 15 years old a bit underweight?
Just wondering? Since people are saying I'm skinny....
Also which side am I on the BMI?...

How can i lose 100 lbs in 3 weeks?
i need to do it fast, without any change in my ways - no excersise or limiting my cheeto intake

by! thanks a bunch! my bf will love ...

Stretch Marks? I'm 14!?
Ok I'm 14 and i have stretch marks on my inner theighs!

How do you get rid of them?
How did i get them?

I'm not fat i do dance 6 times a week and i've had ...

I am 17 and weigh 100 and 5'4" am i too thin?

Am I overweight I am 12,im 5'0 and i weigh 80 pounds?
I always feel sooo fat!!...

What kinds of exercises are there that don't involve a lot of sweating?
Sweat irritates my skin alot. Is there anyway for me to still do exercises without having to sweat so much?...

Do i have anorexia?
I know it sounds crazy to ask but i need help. Im 15 years old and i weight 110 pounds. I don't think i have in intentionally but i hardly ever eat. I normally eat once a day. My hair is ...

Jason S
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?
Why are teens skinny despite eating tons of fast food and other junk?

Fog
Rating
Metabolism and activities; however, they need to be careful because that sort of eating causes other health issues

YYZ
MEtabolism

Ernïe G
Not all teens are skinny... North America is notorious for having obese teens.

XxTEChNOKiWixX
Rating
LIES!! not all teens eat "tons of fast food and other junk"
some even have eating disorders..this question is ridiculous and it pisses me off.

Edward A
Rating
Metabolism. This is very active and hungry when your young. Staying active keeps it hungry. As you get older your not as active and it slightly gets lazy. But dont fret daily excersize will bring it right back up to par!

Just ME
Rating
metobolism & they are more active running around with their friends, shopping, PE at school, etc.

maxi
Rating
they puke

jangles19
cause they are lucky b*tches

swampy
Rating
Usually teens are more active and younger people have faster metabolism which burns up food much faster instead of storing it as fat.

Rito
Rating
because they have fast metabolisms. give them a couple years, itll all go to theyre hips :)

Nat H
cause they're naturally skinny

That one Guy
teens have a faster metabolism. but it slows down in the 20's.

MD
Rating
Well its complicated. Teens mean you're still growing, which generally, between growth spurts, your body plays catch up. Then there is the higher metabolism, however, some adults do keep that metabolism, and you can definitely augment metabolism... But it also lies in the activeness of a younger person versus, say a 21 year old college grad, sitting in class all day (not running around), not usually in sports, and drinking beer everyday... or a 40 something guy in a desk job sitting around staring at his emails. You're in highschool, you have a lot more energy... face it :)

☼ƇåÑ?ɱεὴ☼
Rating
We walk around sometimes and do sports

Lewiis.
dont excersize

tazlizard13
Rating
teens have a fast metabolism and some of them exercise alot

Ally
Rating
Bc some people have high metabolisms.

Living for God
not everyone is skinny. lots r but some rnt

ladyarwyn
It's their metabolism. My son eats 10,000 calories a day and probably has 5% body fat. I did the same thing at his age.

It will catch up to them eventually, just like it did to us.

Jay
Rating
The either are just lucky, naturally stay skinny, high metabolism, and are probably workout and are active.

lv_consultant
at least 50% of the teens that I see are far from skinny. my guess would be that half of them starve themselves and the other half are eating whatever is put in front of them. human adolescents are designed to tolerate both high carb and high fat diets. those that can not may have the genetic traits for easy weight gain. the genetics of the parents are only part of the equation the rest is determined by epigenetics. epigenetics are directly effected by the diet and lifestyle of the individual.

maria elena n
Rating
fast metabolism

Sophie B
high metabolism, when it slows down they turn into a balloon...

to see what they will look like, look at their parents....

Sarah C
Rating
metabolism.

LEKESHA J
not all teens are able to do that....some may have fast metabolism...but others it will catch up with them in their later years

margarita
Rating
Not all teens are skinny, but here are some reasons why they might be:

genetics
high metabolism
they consume lots of caffeine (i.e. soda, coffee, espresso, energy drinks)
drugs

Dj Conquest
its called metabolism. Your metabolism is fastest when you are young and slows with age. watch, these teens will be fat cows when they are in their mid 20s and 30s

Ta-Zu
Rating
Fast metabolisms.
&some of them, y'know...
exercise?

Risssyxx G
Rating
metaobolism. its bookin

Greg
Rating
At night we secretly sneak out of our houses and get liposuction.

Matt A
Rating
fast motabolism

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy