Which should I quit first...my 4 pack a day cigarette habit or the 12-14 Coca Cola's I drink per day?

GR8WIFE
Drop the Cola and let your system detox from the sugar high you are on. There is a new prescription drug for smoking cessation. It is called Chantix and has to be called in by your family doctor. Some insurances cover it and I have seen it personally help a lot of people. Good luck!

NicotineFit
Rating
I would suggest the coca cola first... your gonna need those ciggs when you detox from the caffiene and sugar intake... when you have that fairly under control, then cut down the ciggs one pack at a time...good luck. BTW I knew a woman who drank soda to a serious extent... when she was in her 40's, she had her legs cut off from sugar, and finally killed her a few years later.. so it's just as dangerous in mass doses.

Marisa♥Rock
quite smoking first then you quit with the coca and drink water!

Bentoveristhebestposition
Continie both and call Montel he always loves a good story!

subbysbaby
Rating
dont quit either gotta die some how i smoke and drink too much soda myself

deciccio3
Give up both at the same time for better health. At least your realizing both are not good for you. If I needed to stop one first, I would pick the cigarettes because they cost more and I would be able to breath better. The addication is easier to quit also, generally a week, compared to months with coke. You can cut down on the soda by gradually changing drinks. I did it with different flavored waters because I don't like just plain water. GOOD LUCK!!! If you are real thirsty all the time, you may want to check with your doctor about being tested for type 2 diabetes.

brandon
Rating
um cigarettes will kill you and that many cokes are horrible for you i would switch to water and then stop smoking because smoking is harder to quit.

N!kk!
Rating
cigarettes first once you cut down to maybe a pack a day then cut down on cokes to 5 a day then slowly take away both one by one that your not craving as bad as you would if you went cold turkey

cldb730
Neither is healthy, but smoking will hurt you much more than the cokes. I would quit smoking first if I were you.

grievetomorrow
Rating
I think if you have both of these habits cutting down completely on one is going to be terrible. You would also probably do more of the other to compensate. I think you should cut down on both at the same time, but in small steps. Maybe tomorrow you could only smoke 3.5 packs and drink 10 cokes. Then, when you do that, smoke 3 packs and 6 cokes. Have you decided you want to quit both habits completely? Either way, I think the best way to get to your goal is to cut down on both slowly. Good luck!

sabinaauchi
oh dear... coca might calm u from the cigarette addiction. so how about, smoking less, and then only when u feel really odd, because of the cigarettes, drink half a coke! and then when u got cigarettes sorted out, then go for that coca cola. try to think positive on ur long journey...dont think :" with every cigarette the probability is higher that i die" think: "with every cigarette i DONT smoke i live longer! "

Abercrombie
go to a docter..u need some help...drop the cigaretts first though then the cola try 2 packs a day and 8 colas a day

Sublette
Rating
mmm . . . both put your cigarettes into the cokes and then neither will be appealing

Cook-Baker
Rating
the Coke will be easier to quit, but as a smoker, I say try to cut down to 3 packs and then 2 packs, etc and then try to cut down to 10 cokes, 8 cokes, etc. Just cut down a lot and eventually you will be able to quit.

freak6993703
darn that was the most interesting question well i think the cigs will kill you faster than the soda... the soda might ruin ur teeth first but the cigs will kill ya first :)

theVisionary
I think you should try and quit the cola drinking first. It'll be easier, and your chances of success will be higher. If you do cut the habit, and succeed in doing so, you may find quitting cigarettes easier ('cause you've already quit something before)

However, you body will thank you more if you stop smoking first. The smoking is worse. Even if you cut it down to a pack a day, you'll be a lot better off - and you'll save money.

Ryan
Definitely the cigarettes. The coke will be easier to quit after you've gotten rid of your smoking habit.

~ren~
Rating
The cigarettes!!((they'll kill you first)).....but you definitely don't need to be drinking that much coke!! i used to drink coke all the time, but i started drinkin more water and green tea, that i don't even think about coke!!..for your own sake, pleez follow my advice!!

yomastro
Rating
drop the cola first, then move to the cigrettes

Thomas K
Rating
Quit the cola drink first. It's what has you feeling "wired" all the time.
No caffeine - replace the liquid with gatorade or fruit juices.

glitterkittyy
Rating
cigarettes. The carcinogens in cigarettes are much more harmful than anything found in coca cola. But you should really cut back on the coke too!

resindia2007
Rating
definitely, your 4 pack cig habit as scientific studies have shown that it kills by causing various diseases like COPD, Lung cancer, heart attacks and so on

CO#1
you cant be serious??? 4 packs a day??? QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

I quit 3 years ago, and feel GREAT!

nascarluvr
Yeah, I'm in the same boat!! I think I'll quit my smoking habit first, then work on my caffeine addiction! Good luck to ya!

katydint
Rating
Kicking nicotine can be harder than kicking heroin (this has been researched, folks...), so try that first - like homework, start with the hardest. You'll need the soda to help you cope with the DTs.
Good luck (I smoked Marlboros).

fairiemage99
I would say the smokes first. They can kill you. Especially that many in a day

ChaliQ
The withdrawal from the soda will make your head hurt so bad you'll wanna put a bullet in your brain. So come off the soda easy & cut back on the smokes at the same time. You would have to be a complete moron to come off one or the other all at once anyway.

rmiah_07
Don't quit, I would love to see what you're like after 14 cans of coke, you're probably all hopped-up and stuff, I could use the amusement.

4 Packs a day ? You're my hero.

brokendrew
Rating
You need inpatient treatment for substance addiction.

Lg
quitter!!

smedrik
Caffeine is an easier addiction to kick. Go with that one first before tackling the smokes.