Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If 8 glasses a day is the RDA for water what size glasses are they talking about?
How much in litres should I be drinking a day?...

Is it easy to lose 5lbs in 2 weeks?
I'm dieting, but I'm trying to take it slow and step by step. My goal is to lose 5lbs every two weeks, but I want to just concentrate on those 5lbs every time and not concentrate on the ...

Am i fat at all?
i am going in 6th grade and i am 115 pounds. i run great my diet is great what's making me so fat? IS this a bad thing that when i am bored i eat? plz i need tips and ideas to loose weight ...

I am looking for a good diet pill!?!? Help?
I exercise ocasionally but i dont eat that good, i dont eat often but when i do it probably isnt the best food for me to be eating. I have love handles starting to make there way and a bit of a belly ...

My husband calls me fat all the time. i don't know what to do. Any ideas?
I've tried to lose weight but nothing works. i've had 4 kids and i way 230. Ive never weighted that....

I am ALWAYS HUNGRY!!?
I have no idea what to do... I feel like i am always hungry... I am just a teenage girl, not really active and no mater what, I always feel extremely empty or feel like i am going to explode because I...

Does wieght have anything to do with height?
ok so im a 14 year old girl thats 5'9" and when i get on the scale it sometimes reads : 140 lb, then 143lb, then 140lb, then 145 lb ....so u get my point ..up down. i once got up to 150 lb, ...

Any advise on growing taller?
I would like to grow taller. im 5'1 and 14. Every one in my grade is taller than me. I eat alot of protein, vegies, and drink about 2 quarts of milk a day. i exersize and stretch too.
Is ...

I need fast weight loss tips :)?
hey i'm a 16 year old girl
i'm 175 cm tall and i weigh about 57 kilos
how could i get down to 50 kilos in 2 months
i have already decided to stop snacking, cut out biscuits ...

Good leg exercises?

I can't breathe when I jog??! Please help.?
I've always had trouble getting enough air (I'm 13 now.) even when I was on a regular routine of walking my dog an hour every day (fast walking.)
It's so embarrassing-every little ...

Whats the result of starving myself?
my friend lost weight cuz she starved herself

if that work for her shud i do it too?

i know its stupid but....
ugh idkkk
im deperate and i need to lose weight.......

EASY 10 points BEST ANSWER !?
Now im 5"10, 80 kilos
I usto be 70 4 months ago before i started to go to the Gym !
3/4 days a week i do:
Cardio 20 min
Workout 1 hour ->
Arms(60 pounds)
Back(80&...

Everbody agree that drinking water is good for health - which one is best - hot ? cold ? normal ?
Happy new Year Wishes for all, just out of curiosity, I had in my mind to find out an answer for this question - Is drinking Hot water ? Cold Water ? Normal Water - good for ...

Girls which do you prefer?
slim toned bod or muscles im slim but started in ...

I want somethign sweet but don't want to ruin my diet?
Has anyone got any good recipes for a really nice dessert, but one which won't add on too many calories? And how do other people deal with their sweet tooth when they're trying to lose ...

I'm 15 years old and I need to lose 50 pounds. Any tips?
I am 5'7 and weigh 205 lbs.
I'm out of control with yo-yo dieting, and I need help.
Any tips are more than appreciated....

I'm Constipated.?
DAMN YOU KFC !! Every bloody time =/

oh welll..... any advice?
should i have fruit?
water?
bicarbonated soda?

What is the healthiest meal option at KFC?
excluding ...

Best way to reduce stress?
I haven't been sleeping, I've been over eating and then not eating enough, I've been gaining and losing weight, and I'm tired all the time....

NIKKI
Which oil is the healthiest? corn, canola or vegetable?
Please don't include olive oil.

Emily B
None...olive oil really is your only option if you're looking for something remotely healthy.

that one girl
Canola Oil is the healthiest because it's the highest (besides olive oil) in monounsaturated fats, so it's healthier for your heart. Mono unsaturated means that it does not contain as many fats as it can possibly hold, but just one double-bonded carbon molecule.

Reel Homme
Rating
Depends on the usage. But I would use canola.

Red Winged Bandit
that's kind of a strange one there. If you're concerned about health why are you using any of those? you should be using organic lard.

Cobalt
Rating
Out of those choices, canola, but use a mister. You can get refillable ones, which are cheaper. But olive oil really is the best - you can use a lighter kind with less taste.

bess
Rating
Canola

mskristin1982
Rating
Since you don't want olive oil included...canola oil is your next healthiest oil to use. It's a mixture of Soy and Vegetable oil. And contains more monosaturated fats than the other oils.

menolikey811
Rating
although olive is the healthiest, next to that is vegetable.

Angela Vicario
Rating
canola

SKG R
Based on recent research,canola oil is the best as it is high in monounsaturated fatty acids that,like polyunsaturates,have been found by researchers to help lower LDL cholesterol levels,since a high level is generally regarded as the predominant culprit in heart disease.

MikeC
Rating
How about Peanut Oil, better than the above.

Olive Oil is much healthier than any of them.

MikeC

heaven-sin-t
depends on for what!
i give canola oil to my horses to keep their coats shiny and hair healthy....
not sure how it does on humans though!

manicania
Rating
fish

Kinnley
Rating
Neither one of these oils are good for you for long term extended use. One reason being is that they will break down and become rancied when heated. Therefore, they are not suitable for cooking. And, yes, I know that this is contrary to what the food industry has told us, the public. For one thing, they are pretty cheap oils and easy to make. Secondly, most of them contains Trans fats or partially hydrogenated ingredents, which make us all retain more body fat (especially around the mid-section, according to studies that have been done, which makes us all more prone to heart diseases, diabetes, etc.) These kind of oils are really deadly to our health, as we all can see what is happening to the public in the USA, which has been told to change over to these kind of oils, away from saturated fats, such as butter, lard, olive oil, and coconut oil. Three fourths of the USA is now overweight and on the road to being obese, if not obese already. Personally, I have changed BACK to the saturated fats (listed above) for cooking and food preparations as that is what my ancestors used, and they were very healthy and lead long lives by todays standards, even with having to work extremely hard. Also, heart attacks and heart diseases, and diabetes (and other diseases such as cancers) were very rare with people and cultures who used and have stuck with saturated fats. Since the beginning of time, man has used and ate saturated fats to help maintain good health, and in most cases they did not get fat from eating fat, either. It is excessive carbs, sugars, and processed foods that tend to make most people fat, not fats. Good quality fats are totally necessary for all of us to have a strong immune system, to help regulate our appetite to keep us from over eating, and to help protect our cardiovascular systems. However, one needs to supplement with a good qualtiy Vitamin C (I like to use the single ingredent powdered kind) to make sure that your body does not misuse the saturated fats, and to help keep your body from developing heart disease. And, heart disease seems to be the result of inflammation in the body (which vitamin C helps to control, as well as cancers) more so than the use of saturated fats in our diets. Look at the French, the Eskimos, and other cultures who have not gotten away from the use of saturated fats in their diets; they are healthy and there are very few incidents of heart attacks, cancers, and other deadly diseases. In essence, their diets help to protect themselves from diseases because they have a strong (God-given) immune system. And, I know that I have taken some "rabbit trails" here but, I think that it is necessary for us all to learn the truth again about how to stay healthy, and how to avoid being over weight. The medical industry and the drug companies are making Trillions of $$$ combined because we have forgotten some very important lessons that our parents and grandparents knew from generations to generations. One of those lessons is this: If you don't have good quality saturated fats in your diet, you will get fat !!! and, you will be sick as well, because of a poor immune system. One saturated fat that I use on a regular basis is Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, which is very good for the body, and it helps one to lose weight as well. Please don't believe me, but do take the time to do some research from the links to sites, below. (And, I would highly recommend Dr. Clark's (Ph.D., N.D.) book, "The Cure For All Diseases.") Peace and Blessings to you and yours.......

Mr. T's Pretty Cuzzin
Rating
Then I can't answer your question, because extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest. You can even fry with it as long as temperature is kept med-high so it doesn't begin to smoke.

passportdb
Rating
Of those you mentioned, canola would be the best. Also try flax seed oil it is high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which is also a great way to get this nutrient if you don't like fish.

uncle vinny
peanut

Kerstin D
Pumpkin seed is very good especially for the gentlemen and of course grape seed!

racer123
I read a book once that explained the diffirence between ALA oils and LA oils.I think the book was about I.B.S. and arthritus. I can't remember the name of the book but I do remember that it essentially narrowed down to fish,flax,tree nut and some bean oils as the absolute best oils to aleve and reverse these conditions.(heart disease as well).

Jillary von Hämsterviel™
none of the above

loanbrokerprograms
My step recently had a mild heart attack. At the hospital during recovery a nutritionist from the hospital came in to talk to us about his diet. She stated that canola oil was better over corn and vegetable. She said something about the corn and vegetable taking on a differeent composition when cooked. I know they sell cholestrol free, 0g trans fat, and 0g carbs as Vegetable and Corn oil but there must me something about canola that is overall healthier than the others.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy